Dear Baekhyun #4

Pieces Of A Heart IV

Word count : 377

Pairing           : Chanyeol×Baekhyun

Summary      : Chanyeol doesn’t function without Baekhyun.

 

 

 

Chanyeol recalls the last time he was happy.

 

It was a few months ago. In January, where it was still snowing. Baekhyun was there with him; they had lied on the ground, side by side. That moment, he was so happy. Every moment with Baekhyun made him happy.

 

But then his friends pulled him up from the ground, and Baekhyun was gone, and then they made him try a new therapy method for his mental health, and Baekhyun never came back.

 

And he felt like a corpse ever since.

 

"B-Baek,"

 

But today, here Baekhyun is, standing at the corner of his bedroom, wearing his favorite baby blue t-shirt.

 

"Yeol!" Baekhyun calls with a small smile.

 

Chanyeol's mind is telling him that this is wrong. So wrong. Months of treatments are now seeping down the drain. If he always falls into this loop, will he ever be fixed completely?

 

"It's been," Chanyeol whispers, "so long."

 

Baekhyun blinks at him. "Oh?" he grins. "Well, then that means you've been doing good."

 

Chanyeol wants to shake his head and screams no, he's been dead for almost five months, he hasn't been doing well.

 

But all the words die on his tongue the moment Baekhyun curiously brings up an index finger to tap his nose.

 

They stay in silece for a while.

 

"Is it okay if I stay here for the day?" Baekhyun asks.

 

Chanyeol's mind is telling him that this is wrong. So wrong. But his heart tells him it, if he's not going to be fixed then so be it; he'll be crippled forever.

 

"Yes." Chanyeol nods.

 

Eventually a wide grin spreads on Baekhyun's face, and Chanyeol mimics it right away because that's just how it works. Baekhyun is the sole reason behind his smile. The moment he pulls the other into his arms and feel warmth envelopes his waist, it feels like blood finally runs through his veins again. The moment Baekhyun kisses the corner of his lips, rubbing his nose against his cheek, he can finally breathe again. Baekhyun, after all, was - is - will always be his reason to be alive.

 

This is a decline in the progress of his therapy,

 

but today is the time he is happy again after a long while.

 

 

 

[A/N]

 

I honestly forgot how this series started. All I know was that one day I found an adorable fanart and turned it into a mess.