Today

Pieces Of A Heart IV

Word count : 371

Pairing           : Obama×Baekhyun

Summary      : Barack finds Baekhyun again.

 

 

 

Baekhyun can feel colors draining out of his face.

 

Standing in front of him is a man, tall, grey-haired, with ebony colored skin and a warm smile on his face.

 

Baekhyun can’t understand. He had ran all the way to Fiji, spent the whole month living aimlessly at a beach, doing what it took to be away from New York. From America. From that one person whom he loved yet he almost brought misfortune upon.

 

Yet the man still finds him in the end.

 

“You colored your hair.” is the first sentence Barack gives to him after months of being away from each other’s lives. “The color of the sand.”

 

Baekhyun gulps.

 

“Beatiful.” Barack says softly, walking towards him.

 

“What,” Baekhyun breathes out, almost choking, “are you doing here?”

 

Barack stops in front of him, warm smile still intact. “Vacation.” he says. “A man, who is finally free from a tiresome job, is having the vacation he deserves. He finally founds what he sought; freedom. And freedom, in such a beautiful place, is a blessing.”

 

Baekhyun holds his breath when Barack’s thumb touches his cheek.

 

“But the thing is, the man is alone.” Barack whispers. “He’s missing out on something.”

 

They look at each other.

 

“However, again, he found what he was looking for. He found the person who would complete him, if only the person realizes his worth to him.” Barack then smiles at him widely. “And the man wishes the person would agree to a life so simple, so quiet, together.”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widen.

 

“So what do you say?” Barack closes the distance between them. “Byun Baekhyun, I ask you to be next to me for a very long time. Because I don’t want to enjoy this blessing -”

 

Baekhyun gasps.

 

“- Obama self.”

 

“I knew you would do that!” Baekhyun laughs, but tears are already running down his cheeks. Tears of happiness, of relief.

 

Barack laughs freely and then sweeps Baekhyun off his feet, swinging him mid-air. Baekhyun giggles, begging for Barack to stop, and when the other does, Baekhyun takes the chance to wrap his arms around sturdy, broad shoulders and kisses the love of his life.

 

In the moment, he realizes,

 

that his ‘someday’ is ‘today’.

 

 

 

[A/N]

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-