Isn't She Lovely? [OxYou]

Bedtime Stories

“Are you not going to put your hand off there?”

“It’s weird.” I look at my reflection on the mirror.

“Yeah, you’re weird. It’s been 15 minutes. I already came out shower and you’re still standing before the mirror touching your s here and there.”

“Because something’s wrong here! Look!” I squeeze my to make sure it again. No, it’s not because the bra that I wear right now. Yes, it’s a different type with my usual ones but no, I’m pretty sure it’s not because the bra.

“It’s the same with last night, or two days ago, or last week, or last month, oh for God’s sake! You’re torturing me! I’m just finished my shower!”

I can’t help laughing when I caught Jinki’s frustrated expression on the mirror, “Hold on yourself, Sir!”

“Who started that?!” Jinki yells to the wardrobe while putting on his favorite jeans.

“I didn’t mean to! These girls! Try to touch and you’ll know why I’m acting like this!!” I look down my chest, trying to find the difference one from another, then suddenly Jinki’s hands slip on my waist, drove me closer to his bare chest.

“You know I wouldn’t able to let go once I touch them.” He whispered from behind and kissed my cheek, successfully burnt them red. His reflection’s mocking on me with his tongue stuck out. I turn my back and put my hands around his neck before planted a small peck on his lips.

“You know.. I don’t mind having my breakfast on bed..” He chuckles himself with his corny words.

I want to kiss him but decided to pull myself away before escalated into something hotter.

“Nope, Mr. Lee! Breakfast is ready on the table!”

I can hear Jinki groans before I escaped his warm embrace. I snatch the oversized t-shirt on the bed and put it on in a flash.

“Oh, whyyyy?!”

“Let’s go, honey!!” I pat his twice and head to the bedroom door.

Jinki lazily reached the wardrobe to find something to wear, “Such a waste!”

“Come on, Old Man! I’m starving! Join me or I cancel the dinner on bed!” I wait him at the door with my arm hung on the air.

His wide smile appeared in instant. He rushed to me and kissed my temple, “I expect a big one.”

***

“_______?!” I heard Jinki’s calling me.

“Uuugh..”

“Baby where are you?”

“…….”

“_______! Where a.. Argh!!” Jinki’s tripped himself heading out the bedroom, “Stupid couch! Who put you there?! Baby, where the hell are you?!!”

“I’m here! Kitchen!”

Finally I could reply him after throw a bunch of potatoes into the trash.

“What are you doing at 5 on Saturday morning?”

I bow down and shove my head inside the fridge then pull it out as soon as creepy smell traveled under my nose.

“Cleaning.”

“Clearly not dancing. The sun is barely awake!”

“But I had to do this!” I stomp my feet on the cold kitchen floor, frustrated with the stuffs that I took out from the fridge earlier.

“Mind telling me what’s exactly going around here?” Jinki pointed to the kitchen counter which we can’t see the surface anymore due to its excess baggage.

I let a big sigh and grab a can of apple juice, “It’s nature call. Then I got thirsty. I wished to have a fresh water instead a fresh stinky fridge! This is upsetting because I don’t know which one causing the problem!”

Jinki place his nose near the chicken and cheese, “This quite normal for me.”

“Oh! So I am not normal then?!” Good time to argue, Jinx!

“Nooo.. Not like that.. It’s just a bit insane for me to wake this very early on a beautiful weekend..”

“Did you just say that I’m insane?”

“Baby, of course not! I never sa.. Oh, dear God! Why are you start crying?!”

Jinki moves closer and wipes my tears. Cupping my face for a while before calming me down with his lips.

“Hey, hey.. You are okay, it’s not weird not stupid or whatever.. I just wondered why..”

“I can’t stand this, Jinki.. I just wanted to save us from food poisoning.. All of these smell as bad as dump..”

“Alright.. Alright.. You’re a bit exaggerating though.. We will just fine, baby.”

“I can’t find the bad man! If I could I only throw that away! Not all my precious vegetables. The smell is all over the fridge, Jinx! I almost puke on it!!”

Jinki place his hand on my cheeks and lock my eyes under his gaze as soon as my pitch got higher.

“Fine.. Okay, now let’s just throw it all, empty the fridge, wash our hand, then go back to the bed.. Will you?”

I nod to him in sob, “We’re going to groceries later then.”

Jinki smiles and places a kiss on my forehead, “Of course. We need something to eat. Now, before anything else, can you tell me is it already your red date or what?”

***

“_______, I’m home!”

“Hi, I’m here!” I shout from the couch, eyes not move from the TV.

“It was a crazy day at the studio.” Jinki joins me and grab the tangerine on my laps.

“Why was that?”

“Minho and Kibum brought their kids. And there was a major fight between them!”

“My baby niece was there?”

“Yeah. And she almost torn Minho’s son into pieces!”

“Haha! No way! How it can be?”

“Little Kibum got mad because someone hid her new shoes.”

“Minho’s son did that?”

“It was for fun! No needs to cry all day long! I need to buy her a new drawing book. And Minho, Minho did nothing except saving his son and ran him to his mom!”

“Seems your day way more interesting than mine. I was stuck with two design meetings and went nowhere. They kept changing their mind and postponed the release date of the collection! It’s already mid summer!”

Jinki pecks my nose before take the empty plate on my lap and headed to the kitchen.

“Anything to eat, hon? I’m a bit hungry.”

“Again?! Did you raise a dragon inside your tummy?”

“I always had my dinner twice. Outside and your cooks. What did you make today?”

“I skipped today. Too busy with works.”

“What?! Where’s the chicken restaurant number? I shall call for delivery!”

“Just find something inside the fridge. Cut your chicken! That’s not healthy!”

I keep changing the TV channel one to another. Nothing’s really worth to watch. Re-run this. Re-run that. Another re-run. Meh. I shake my laziness away and got up to unite with Jinki.

“Baby, why are there so much tangerine here?” He stopped my step with his deep and serious voice.

“It’s healthy! Why not?”

“Baby.. Why. Are. There. So. Much. Tangerine?”

Jinki opens wide the fridge that shows me half of it filled with tangerine. Two box of milk had pushed to the very back of the fridge. Small amount of broccoli peek from the left side.

“I said it’s healthy! You know I love fruits!”

“But never this much! Where’s your chocolate stocks? No pudding left? Even carrot? My cheese’s gone!”

I take two tangerines out of the fridge and slam its door quickly, “Then eat this.”

“Are you gonna eat that again?”

I nod and start to peel it, “I like it.”

“Don’t you sick of that? I see your plate before. You already eat at least 5 or 7.”

“Then I’ll eat until 10.” I smack Jinki’s tummy lightly.

“No! Put that down. I have no time to pet your whiny tummy!! Now, baby, please.. I need my second dinner. If you don’t want to cook, I’ll order honey chicken. It’s your choice.”

Dear Jinki, why are you have to be so cute when you’re upset?

I put down my tangerine and caress his soft cheek. I hold on my tip toe and lock his lips with mine. He seems bit taken a back, but then follow my rhythm placing his hands on my waist.

"Why are you so needy today?” I whisper on his lips to let us take a little break.

“Today’s so frustrating. I had one of those super hectic days.” He presses his forehead on mine with his eyes closed.

“Then..” I run my hands on his chest, “Would you like to order a different dinner tonight?”

“Eh?” I can see his rosy cheeks are about to burst.

“Chicken or special one. It’s your choice.” I bite my lower lips as natural as could be, copying his earlier command.

“Look who’s the needy one tonight..” Jinki smiles and wraps me closer. I didn’t know what came into me but I remember the next second I already back to his lips while my hands slyly sneaked under his shirt..

***

“Are you sure you don’t want me to drive you to the office?”

“Definitely, Jinki.. I’m all okay.”

“But you’re so pale, _______-ah..”

“The make up will do, honey.. You need to catch your flight.”

“I still have 3 hours before the boarding time! Let me, will you?”

“Nope.. Just go. I’m a big girl! It’s only because I stayed awake till midnight.”

“I told you not to work overtime. Now look at this mess!”

“I know I know.. I’m sorry. No more sleeping at two in the morning..”

“I’ll be away for five days. Should I called this off?”

“No need, Jinki.. I’m alright. You know me so well. It’s not the first time you see me wake up like a zombie, right?”

“Baby, you seemed stressed lately.. I’m so worried. Should I call your brother?”

“Kibum being here is not helping. He might stressed me more.”

“At least you have someone to look after you.”

“Kim Kibum? Look after me? More like he nags to me all day long. Or nonstop futile comments on my designs. No. I don’t need that kind of attention.”

Glad to see that Jinki’s a bit on ease.  A little smile arose on his worried face. He pulls my head closer and place a kiss on the top of it.

“Now, go call a cab. If you stay here a bit longer, I might not let you go.”

Jinki laughs and suffocates me with his trademark bear hug, “Promise me you’ll be alright when I’m not home.”

***

I felt so much worn out after sketching runway concept for the local brand fashion week next month. It’s already 8 in the morning but it seems I just closed my eyes for five minutes tops. I left the bed untidy to grab some refreshment. The dizziness attacked on my way to the fridge.

I must be slept in the wrong position because my neck’s in irresistible pain. Pouring down the milk to the glass, I took a glimpse to the clock on the living room. Jinki’s plane should be landed two hours ago. Why on earth that clumsy bunny hasn’t been here?

I sip the milk but I throw it out as soon as it reach my throat. My unfriendly tummy start bombarding my whole digesting system. I run to the sink before spilled another vomit.

“.. Heuuk..” I can’t stop coughing. My stomach’s growling in pain. Something stuck in the mid of my throat, nothing comes out but it keeps pushing from the abdomen area.

I gulp down the tap water to rinse my mouth but it’s puked out again just like the milk.

“_______! Jinki’s here!!”

I heard his bright voice despite the inconvenience situation.

“Baby, I bring you.. WHAT’S HAPPENED TO YOU?!!?!!!!!”

“Jinki..”

I saw Jinki throw his bag carelessly and rush to me before everything’s around spanned me down into a black hole.

***

I woke up under a thick blanket. My tank top already changed into Jinki’s worn out t-shirt. I recall what just happened in the past 30 minutes. When I reached the part I spew the milk out, my stomach starts reacting.

“Crap..,” I unwrap myself quickly.

“Don’t you dare got down from there!” Before I could step on the floor Jinki’s yelling from the door.

“But, I..” I press my palm on my mouth, try to prevent spilling something on the bed. Jinki ran to the bed side and grabbed the small bucket on the corner.

“Here..” He gave my neck soothing massage while I jostle my face to the bucket. But again, nothing’s come out because I haven’t got any food into my stomach.

“The milk must be spoiled..”

“Yeah. My heart’s too. You promised me to be just alright! What if I came a bit late?”

I hug him in a teary eyes, “I’m sorry, baby.. You know, the deadline..”

“No more deadline! I’ll take you to the hospital this evening if you don’t get any better!”

“I’ll be just fine after one meal. Now let me go to the kitchen. I need some cheese or peanut butter..”

“You stay here! Leaving the bed is now forbidden!”

“Then who’s gonna cook? I’m not gonna let you burn this house down!”

He laughs, putting the bucket down, then kiss my forehead, “Kim Kibum is on his way.”

“You called him?”

“That’s the only thing that I can do in panic.”

“How long exactly I’ve been passed out?”

“Long enough to yelling around and getting scold by Kibum.”

“Haha! I’m sorry, you know my brother..”

“I got used too.”

I his cheek lightly. I must be very lucky to have this angel in my life. His eyes scanned my face in mixed feeling worriedly, “I’m so sorry making you upset..”

“It hurts me so much seeing you like this, _______. Just.. just help me take care of yourself..”

I reach his face and cup it with both of my hand. When I land my lips on his, I know I will be save. Kissing Jinki is always a sweet escape. Every single time his lips touched mine, it really blown my mind away, makes me forget the rest of the world. I let my hand lost between his getting longer hair as he pulled me closer. His left hand cup my chin while his right one found it place around my waist.

“Well, well, well! Time for commercial break!”

Right when we started parting our lips. Thank you so much, Kim Kibum.

“Seriously, Kibum-ah?” Jinki released his face away but still not let my waist go, making me nonchalantly rest my head to his chest.

“You can continue it later. I have no much time. Mabel! Free Comme Des leash. He’s been frustrated since an hour ago!” He yelled through the still opened door.

“My niece is here?”

“Yeah, she needs a haircut. Her ballet recital is coming in a month. Now let’s get the business down!”

“You want to stay here or else?” Jinki asked me with his anxious eyes.

“I’ll join Mabel and Comme Des.” Jinki lead me down from the bed. Right after I put my slip on, Kibum hand me a small paper bag.

“What is this?”

“Before checking out your niece, better checking out yourself.”

I gave Jinki my confused eyes which he replied with simple nod. I pull out two small boxes. One is in white pink scheme color, the other is blue. I swear to God, Jinki’s eyes are about to pop out.

“You crazy brat! What the heck?! What’s with this craps?!”

“You! Watch your mouth, sissy! My daughter is out there!”

“Your joke is way too much this time, Kibum-ah.”

“You’re the one who told me that my sister acting strange lately!”
“What did he told you?!” I send Jinki my furious glare which make him smirks awkwardly.

“You complained about your s. Obsessed to certain food. You suddenly got sniffer dog nose. And floating emotion? Unmanageable lust?  Midnight crying? Oh, my dearest sister, you should check your period schedule.”

“Kim Kibum!” I can’t tell how red my face right now. A rapid warm feeling crept up my face. From the corner of my eyes, I could see Jinki’s amazed with the boxes on his hands.

“Now tell me, when did your last period?”

“You know I don’t have fixed period schedule since college!”

“When did your last period?!”

I check the calendar near the wardrobe, “Seven weeks ago.”

Jinki’s startled and almost squeezed the boxes on his hand, “What did you just say?”

I can feel a cold sweat start running down my back, “It’s just like my usual, Jinx!”

“What about the birth control pills?”

Someone snapped the string on my mind. Those small yellow pills!

“Jinx.. remember when we went to dr. Megan to ask why I still haven’t got fixed schedule?”

“Yeah..”

“She told me to stop taking those pills since it would messed up my period..”

“Baby..”

I saw the clock’s ticking. Slow. Almost impossible, everything seems just got shut down in a second.

“Nah! What are we waiting for? Now go to the damn toilet!” Kibum placed his hand on my shoulders, turned me to the bathroom direction.

“Jinki, we’re screwed.”

“Screwed what?! You’re both adults! For God’s sake, you’ve been married for almost two years! This is normal! It should happened earlier though!”

I snatch the test packs and rush to the toilet before Jinki could speak. I put the sticks aside and groggily sit on the closet. I do what should I do in a flash. Five minutes. Ten minutes. Fifteen minutes. Still in disbelief when I look down to the sticks in my hand, I slam the door open with almost no power. Kibum crossed his legs sitting beautifully on the corner of the bed while Jinki keeps walking around in panic.

“_______?!” Jinki reached me quickly when he saw me stoned in front of him.

“Jinki..”

“What?! Are you alright?! Tell me!”

I hand him the pregnancy test. Something just fly away from me as my heart dropped to the very end of my stomach. Less than ten seconds Jinki started kissing all over my face, from my forehead, my nose, and deep one on my lips. He pulled me a little away just to show me his tiny teary eyes and super wide smile. Looking at his sparkling eyes, something wet is streaming down my face. This man before me hugs me tight, leaves me in mixed feeling – joy, anxious, perplexed, contented. I slowly put my hand on Jinki’s back while he slipped some kisses and ‘I love you’ between his warm embrace.

“Daddy why Aunty’s crying? Is she hurt?” Mabel and Comme Des entered our bedroom and showing me her concern look.

Kibum took her and Comme Des each on one lap, “She’s alright, honey.. And you’re going to have a new cousins..”

***

It’s a bright Sunday morning when Jinki and I are sitting side by side on the couch, enjoying the warm sun flares that fall on our living room through the giant window which facing our small patio. Jinki’s hand locked my waist to his hips, doesn’t allow any inches part us. My head goes up and down with his chest as he breathes. We are not much care with the television and only used it for unimportant back sound. Tapping the sonogram in my hand lightly, I found so much happiness filled up under my skin.

“Isn’t she lovely.. Isn’t she wonderful.. Isn’t she precious, less than one minute old.. I never thought through love we’d be.. Making one as lovely as she.. But isn’t she lovely made from love..”

I send my sight up to Jinki’s happy face that serenades me with his beautiful deep voice. A giggle slipped out my mouth, I gave him a quick peck on the lips and pinched his nose.

“So.. now our baby is a she?”

He laughs in a gracious melody, “As long as she or he came healthy..” He grab the sonogram in my hand and smooch it in hilarious sound.

“Our baby will be the happiest baby ever! Look at this silly daddy wannabe!” Playfully, I smack Jinki’s tummy.

“I love you to the moon and back, _______!”

I wrap his torso in my arm and drown my face to his chest. For the fifth time, he kissed top of my head. Jinki ran his free hand to my face and reach my chin closer to him.

“Hyung!! Congratulation!!!!”

My heart almost jumped of its place heard that shout. Thanks to the pack that shared the house passcode to each other!! I need to change the lock! Jonghyun and Minho sprung together to the living room, trying to squeezed me and Jinki with their well-built body, breaking the calm atmosphere before. Minho had bunch of balloons in pastel color palette in his hand while Jonghyun hug a huge mocha teddy bear.

“_______, congratulation! We are so happy! I can’t wait to introduce my son to your kid! Look at this!!” Minho dragged Jonghyun to his side. They’re smiling widely showing me proudly their couple t-shirt, basic white tee with enormous bold and black words ‘WE’RE EXPECTING’. While they’re busy betting whether my baby is a girl or boy, I slap Jinki’s arm.

“Ouch!”

“You promise me not to tell anybody until my third month!”

“I keep my mouth sealed!”

“Then why these idiots here?!”

“I don’t know! I swear to God I d..”

Jinki swiftly turned his face from Jonghyun and Minho – who are now too immersed in decorating the living room with their fluffy stuffs – back to my direction. Something just came out in to my mind, before we scream unanimously.

“KIM KIBUM!”

***