One Autumn Morning [OK]

Bedtime Stories

Who the heck did forget to put down the curtain?!

Sun’s flares are seeping delicately to the vast room, but failed not to disturb the inhabitant. Jinki’s mind’s already wandering while his head is still covered under the thick blanket, safe and sound. Outside, the autumn sky looks so clean. Soft blue with some white cotton candy like clouds at certain points, young people on the road started to take out their phone capturing the Instagram-able view.

Last night practice was too exhausting for him, once the manager they’re free for a day before next jam packed schedule for the next week, he dragged Kibum sleeve right away to his car and try to catch the quick break he deserved.

I can sleep two more hours.

But the universe decides the contrary. A subtle bell’s ring came closer and Jinki knows what he’s gonna facing in a minute. Cold surface nodes the back of his neck, makes him squirm and groaned under his nose.

“Not now, kid.”

However, the little brown furry animal doesn’t care how much this guy tired and keeps nuzzling around his neck. Jinki checks his back by his shoulder, not like he didn’t know what’s happening, just the only resentment he can do in such limited space and time.

Before he’s able to save himself from the fluffy dog, the other guy slides in the blanket and rest peacefully right in front of his belly. The black ball of fur is lying there, sharing the warmth of Jinki’s skin as if nothing happened.

Jinki unwrapped the blanket from his face and hit his forehead with his fist several times.

“How can I get mad if both of you attack me like this?”

Jinki adjusted his position, creating perfect curve for Garcons who’s practically using Jinki’s stomach as his pillow. As if doesn’t want to miss a chance of Jinki’s attention, Comme Des moved closer to the head of the bed and keep kissing Jinki’s hair while the latter still trying to find his way back to the dreamland.

The sun seems too strong for his weak eyes, tough, inevitably making him open and scrunch his eyes at the same time. The bed next to him cold without any limb on it, he remembers last night he didn’t go to bed alone.

“Where is your Dad?”

He managed to mumble in between reality and deep slumber when he realized the increasing humidity on his hair since five minutes ago. However, his eyes still tight shut whilst his hand rubbing Garcons in very soothing tempo, his indirect method of lullaby.

Second he’s about to snore again, the door slammed open, followed by the highest pitch Jinki could ever imagine in such a serene morning.

“There you are!”

Two puppies jumped their heart out. Comme Des run into his brother side after sending a quick look to the person on the door, both of them now are trying so hard to hide under Jinki’s arm.

“Come on boys, don’t disturb the Old Man, he’s always out of energy at this age.”

“I’m not old..” Jinki growled, feels annoyed by the words.

Kibum laughs and walked closer to the bed, “Kids, come on. Out now. Your breakfast is ready! Now!”

But no one even care with such treat, they’re now snuggled to each other on Jinki’s chest. Still back facing his boyfriend, Jinki slowly pulled the blanket again until his chest, now covering the three of them, suddenly has the feeling to make a safe shelter, not only for the puppies but also himself.

“What the.. Are you betraying me now? Comme Des! Garcons!”

Instead of listening to Kibum’s voice, they prefer to listen into Jinki’s heartbeat. Frustrated, Kibum walks to the other side just to have his heart sunk with such a view. Angle like Jinki enjoying the morning nap with their two babies, what you could ask more, Kim Kibum?

Carefully, he went back behind Jinki and close himself to his lover’s back, rubbing his forearm and kissing his shoulder.

“Wake up, you Old Man.”

As usual, Jinki purposely shut his ear off to obtain more sleep. Kibum, though, knowing this so well cannot help but pranking the older boy. He slides his cold hand under Jinki’s t-shirt and traced a random pattern on his back. This one is really working apparently, because Jinki eventually squirmed and wiggling his limbs a bit, perfect mix of annoyed and appreciation.

“Let me sleep..”

Kibum dragged his palm upside down Jinki’s back and kept peppering his hair with kisses until he found Comme Des’s traces there, left him chuckles and taken aback.

“Alright, just go out when you feeling it, I’ll be at the kitchen,” Kibum hovering his side to kiss his nose and swollen lips, “Comme Des, Garcons, kitchen now. Breakfast!”

“Don’t.”

“Eng?”

“Can you leave the babies here?”

“What?”

“It’s cold, Bumie..”

His jaw dropped to his chest when he heard Jinki’s sulking. Shaking his head, Kibum holds himself not to jump out the bed.

“Two of them? Jinkiiii… that’s not fair! I don’t want to be alone outside.”

“Then don’t.”

“What?”

“Get inside the blanket.”

As if being hypnotized, Kibum retreat his legs from the floor and curled under the thick cotton. He rests his head on the nook of Jinki’s neck and his arm wrapping his torso, once in a while messing with Garcons head.

“Ah, I love morning cuddle.”

“Hmmm.”

“If I knew it would be like this, I wouldn’t bustle myself since the dawn in the kitchen.”

“Hmmm.”

Knowing he won’t get any other respond than humming, he stopped talking right away, catching Jinki to the dreamland.

“Bum-ah.”

“Hmmm.”

“My back.. can you?”

Innocent giggles escaped his bow lips. Without ado, he slips his hand back under Jinki’s t-shirt and start scratching it slowly. It feels like he’s raising three puppies instead of two. Not like he hates it, though.

“I love morning cuddle too, Kibum-ah.”

Suddenly his worry about the beef soup being cold flies away along the puppies’ harmonious snoring to the glorious morning naps.

***