Being Subtle is The Idea [OK]

Bedtime Stories

“You look pretty hot in plaid.”

Gwiboon found herself spluttered her mind in front of Jinki, on a ridiculous party Taemin made on Wednesday night. She gulped the beer nervously after she realized it has been said out loud instead of staying in her head.

“Come again?”

The latter put down his glass and decided to pay more attention to the girl in a navy dress.

“I said, you look hot in plaid?”

“What is plaid?”

Gwiboon almost cry as if she had the biggest face palm ever. But unlike the other day, she just laughed. And she blames the alcohol for making her heart became softer.

“That thing. The one you’re wearing now. It’s called plaid, Honey.”

“Oh, this?” Jinki checked himself with pouted lips making Gwiboon gripped her beer can tighter by such a view, “Minjung makes me wear this. She said my black or white t-shirts are boring. So she shoved this shirt on my face. Whatever, I need something to wear, so yeah.”

Gwiboon only nods, and smile, and regretting her decision to approach him because clearly he already had a girl help him to dress. And Minjung, everyone in this room knows that she is a goddess.

“And where’s Minjung now? I don’t see her around.”

“Have no idea, last time I saw that dino excessively hugged her and then I left for number 1, when I came back she’s not here anymore.”

Listened to his story, Gwiboon found him a little bit off. Who left his girl unaccompanied in such a poor party like this?

“And you’re okay with your girlfriend hanging out with other people while you’re here sipping God knows what in your glass?”

Jinki’s eyes turned twice bigger and the next second he bursts into huge laughter, “Why wouldn’t I be okay if she’s with her boyfriend?”

“Minjung is not your girlfriend?”

Jinki shakes his head so hard his eyes still squished by his cheeks.

“But I saw both of you came out the same car several times.”

At this point, Gwiboon already doesn’t care if he found out she’d been stalking him for the past two months ever since they met on Taemin’s studio.

“Of course we came out from the same car. Isn’t it normal for siblings to share ride?”

“Minjung is your sister?! But she..”

“Doesn’t look like me? Yeah, she got all good genes. Big eyes, tan skin, long neck, and everything, you tell me.”

“I like tiny eyes better.”

“Really?” Jinki’s kind of surprised because it doesn’t seem suit her appearance.

And she just nods sincerely.

“Are you saying the truth or you just want to flirt with me?”

The smirk in his face loosens up all the tight muscles clenched on Gwiboon’s tummy.

“Both?”

He chuckles and approves her guts, “That makes everything easier now.”

“What do you mean?” She asked nervously, getting to understand their situation.

“Well, that I know you think I’m hot, I’m not afraid to ask you leaving this . I need some air.”

“Hmm. Interesting.”

He sipped his drink once again, “I know, right?”

“But what are we going to do?”

Gwiboon tried as subtle as possible to put her ‘game’ face on so she doesn’t look like a desperate teenager in front of her crush.

“I’m sorry to disappoint you, but tonight we will just eating. I’m starving to death. I saw McDonalds on the way here. Shall we?”

She snorts right away, “You just drink. I’m not gonna jeopardize myself sharing a ride with you.”

He looks disbelief how she did her push and pull trick on him easily. Which he’s not mad about it, though.

“I’ve been drinking ty fruit punch since an hour ago,” Gwiboon didn’t believe him right away so he handed her his glass, “So, are you in or not?”

“Cheese burger won’t hurt.”

“That’s the spirit!”

Jinki jumped off the stool he’s on, fingers busy tapping on the phone to let his sister knows that her advice works out.

“I cannot believe I leave a party for junk food.”

Jinki diminished their distance and whispered to her ear, vanilla perfume seeping through his respiration system, he almost forget what he’s about to say.

“Don’t worry, this weekend we can do whatever you want to do.”

She got a goosebumps all over her neck but Gwiboon actually cannot hide her excitement.

“Is this a date invitation or what?”

Jinki doesn’t answer to that. Instead, he just smiled and slipped his hand on Gwiboon’s shoulder, leaving the girl beside him breathless for a moment before she leaned closer.

***