Have A Nice Day [JxYou]

Bedtime Stories

It would be a nice breezy spring morning if someone isn’t calling my name in earsplitting voice. It’s not even 9 yet.

“Yaaa! _______! Wait for me!!” I clearly hear he pants, trying to catch his own breathe.

“Sorry, the music is too loud.” I show him my iPod which I only plugged one of the earphone actually, “I need to go to the class.”

“So do I!”

“Do you have advance textile design in your time table?”

He grins, spreading out his pheromone that got some girls passing by drown in an awe, “Nope. But I want to walk you there.”

“Don’t you have your class too?”

“I still have 20 minutes before the modern composing class.”

“Isn’t it the composing studio at the West Building? You’ll be late! I’m fine, just take care yourself.”

“It’s just a sprint away. I got double breakfast this morning.” A wide smile still decorate his sleepy face. Seems like he needs a tropic storm to stop his energy right now.

“Well, don’t blame me anything, then.”

***

Let me introduce you to a man named Kim Jonghyun who is somehow always found his way to be around me for these past three months. At first, I thought he just accidently happened to have the same route with me at the campus. I didn’t know back then that he tried so hard ‘adjusting’ his time table so we could bumped into each other ‘by coincidence’.

All started since we met on the winter charity concert last year. He came out as performer which I and my team were the organizer. He’s indeed a nice guy, funny and has a remarkable music talent. His voice hypnotized all the audience. We shared an interesting short talk during rehearsal and backstage time.

After that, while I was busy preparing the runway project, he suddenly became a satellite that orbiting not too far from me. As it’s not enough to say hi while we met on the hallway or cafeteria, he suddenly came too often to the East Building, staying outside the design studio just to check on me or give a bottle of pomegranate juice or offer to drive me home.

His act totally swooned a lot of my girl friends. People in the design department tent to be self-centered. A super sweet man like Jonghyun definitely stole their attention. And I — who ‘born-from-a-stone’ — always get cursed when I told them I’m a bit annoyed by him. It’s not that I hate him or what, but I’m just not comfortable with all of his kindness. I’m too blunt and I have no idea how to return it.

I’m in the midst of making a new pattern for next exhibition when my brother, trespassing my bedroom and placing a small present on my table before lying on my bed.

“What’s this?”

“A student of my class gave that for you.” Jinki is genius who manage to be a professor assistant at contemporary music class.

“Who?”

“Jonghoon? Something like that? I don’t quite remember it.”

Sweet holy mother.

“You mean Jonghyun?”

“Ah, yeah! Jonghyun! He said that’s for you. Open it. I want to see what’s inside. How do you know him?”

“The winter concert?”

“Ah, right. He’s one of the singer. He’s awesome and really active in the class. Are you dating him?”

“Put down your shallow mind, old man!” He laughs so hard and turns to lean on his arm facing me, “Wow, it’s a mix tape. Soooo 2014.” I try to make a bad pun although I found it very original and creative.

“Noona, someone’s looking for you.. Whoa. What’s this? You bought a new CD?”

“Her crush made it for her, Tae.”

“Oh! How romantic!”

“Shut up.” I throw the CD to them and back to my works.

“Are you not gonna check outside?”

“Tell her I’m busy.”

“It’s a guy, by the way.”

A guy?

I don’t have many guy friends.

“Who? Kibum?”

“If it’s him, he’s already here and yelling around.”

“Just check it out before Minho’s dog next door bite him.”

Me and my friend don’t visit each other house. We prefer to meet up at the nearest coffee shop or new restaurant in town. When I push the front door open, I’m pretty convinced that it’s not Kibum.

“Jonghyun?”

“Oh, hi! Wow, you look cute with your glasses on.” He shows me his wide smile and points my face.

Oh, God. I forgot to take of this stupid specs.

“How did you get here?”

“I asked Kibum where do you live. Is that okay?”

Remind me to sew Kibum’s lips together tomorrow in the material experiment class.

“I don’t throw any broom, so yeah, it’s okay. Can I help you?”

“Uh, oh..” He scratches his head several times and keeps biting his lower lip.

“You’re here not to just stand like that, right?”

“Uh, yeah.. I’m pretty hungry and I want to eat sashimi so bad.. And if coming with me is kind of help.. Then would you?”

“Errr, Jonghyun.. Mind to explain? Because you kind of lost me here..”

“I want to ask you grab some sashimi..” I raise my eyebrows not quite sure with his words, “… Well of course if you want to!”

“Ugh.. I have works to do.. So I guess..”

“Oh, alright alright! It’s okay. I’m pretty impulsive though..”

“I’m sorry, I think I shall pass. Is there anything left?”

“Wait. Just give me 2 minutes.”

He dashed to his car before I agree to stay for another minutes. He came back with two large flat boxes and pushed it under my nose.

“Jonghyun, what’s this?”

“It’s pizzas!”

“I know it’s not banana.”

“I’m sorry I lied to you. I’m not that impulsive. Kibum said you guys need to finish some design for the exhibition so I’m already aware that you might skip my invitation. To make sure you got your dinner on time, I stopped at the italian restaurant there to back you up. Enjoy!”

He smiles for a while then waves me goodbye and sprint to his car right away left me alone with two boxes of extra large pizza.

Well, at least Taemin wouldn’t lack of snack for these two days.

***

I put down my mannequin on the table with a heavy breath. Since I hitchhiked Jinki here, I had to walk from the West Building to the East with this torso in my hand.
And within a second I spot a vase with beautiful orchid inside neatly placed on my desk. I reach the mint green card taped on it.

‘A flower is more than a plant when it comes with heart. Have a nice day, _______! - Jong’

I got stunned for a while before could get back to my sense. What exactly have I done that makes me deserve this lovely orchid? Should I send him a thanks card? Man, this is quite frightening.

Many girls would be melted away just now but I guess, again, I’m too clueless. I’m afraid Jonghyun would be disappointed because I’m not one of this soft hearted clan and never once in my super-straight-and-well-planned life I would care to think about this kind of comedy romantic issues.

“Wow! Someone’s just got a fan!”

“What should I do now?” I throw my blank expression to Nee who just entered the studio.

“Enjoy it before it’s gone.”

“Huh?” I rolled my eyes and send a grimace to Nee’s direction.

“Easy, dude! He just sent you an orchid! Not a honeymoon ticket!”

“But it’s getting creepier! Sandwich, chocolate, vitamin water, crayon set, and now flower! He might left pair of Cinderella's shoes tomorrow!”

“In that case, I’ll take that!”

“Dude!”

“Whaaat?! Chillax! You’re making a fuss! It’s pretty normal. He adores you. Period. So what? You should be happy. Open your eyes! He’s not that bad!”

“I’m not interested to this kind of drama.”

“Try.”

“I’m not good with compliment.”

“Learn.”

“I can’t. I need to tell him to stop before someone’s going to be hurt.”

***

“Jonghyun!”

“Hi, _______! Nice to see you here!” The brunettes stopped before he could reach the recording room door and welcomes me with a warm voice.

“Umm, yeah.. Nice to see you too.. I guess..”

His smiles is not lessen any inches while his eyes sparks so bright looking into mine, causing some blush urged to crawl my cheeks.

“Did you got the cappuccino?”

“Yeah.”

“And the muffin?”

“And the muffin.”

“The orchid too?”

“Well, the orchid too. And also the chocolate. The sandwich. Everything except a crown.”

“Then I shall make it one for you tomorrow. Hehe.”

“You better be.. Oh, NO! Don’t.”

“Okay.. That’s pretty expensive though.. I’ll make you a flower crown instead. Or should I say, I bought you one because how on earth I could ma..”

“Jonghyun, please, stop.”

“Ugh, okay. Sorry, I blabbered too much. Please continue what you want to say.” Jonghyun scratches his head and put a donkey grin upon his face.

“Please, stop.”

“I did. Now it’s your turn.”

“No, Jonghyun. I mean, please stop giving me, making me, buying me, bringing me stuff. I really don’t deserve that.”

“You silly girl. Of course you deserve that.”

“Jonghyun, listen to me.”

“I am.”

“Please, I’m burdened with your kindness. I don’t think you supposed to do this. That’s just not really my thing.”

“Now listen to me, _______. I’m not gonna stop. You hear that? Because I like you this much to tell you that you do deserve it and I’m happy to do that for you anytime and anywhere.”

“Isn’t it a bit selfish? You don’t know how hard is that for me to find the way return in to you!”

“No need. Simply just accept that. Accept my heart. It’s enough. And excuse me, I’m about to late for my important class. See you around, beautiful!”
Jonghyun tapped my head lightly, winked his puppy eyes, then disappeared into the recording room, left me standing there gazing into nothing.

***

I open my locker and sigh again for the hundred times.

“What? Another love letter?” Kibum poked his head from my right side.

“You think?” I show him a small paper — this afternoon came in a bright yellow color.

“Kim Jonghyun?”

“I’m not that famous to get another sender.”

I put it back to the corner of my locker carelessly, together with the other ones that now seems stacked higher each day.

“You should think about dating him.”

“I don’t think so.”

“Or just hang outside with him once. It definitely won’t kill you.”

“Nope, thank you.”

“At least read the letter?”

“I don’t have time.”

“You always don’t have time for thing like this.”

“Should I?”

“Of course! Shoes that never used would rotten by ages! It’s the same with heart! It would be wasted away if you didn’t use it to feel!”

“Did you just compare my heart with shoes?!”

“What? I’m correct! It’s pretty the same! You use both of them to kick other people away from you!”

“Some stuffs need to be kicked away.”

“Jonghyun’s not a stuff. He’s a in’ human being, you dumb!”

“I am not dumb!”

“Oh, of course! You’re smart, you’re role model! You’re a straight-A student! You’re professor’s assistant brilliant sister! You’re anything but perfect!”

“I need to focus with my study, Kibum-ah.”

“But getting socialized with people around you like Jonghyun won’t distract you at all! It’d enriched your perspective!”

“I know how to maintain my chart. I already have a plan and I don’t recall it includes Jonghyun. Or anyone else.”

“You’ll regret the one that got away, _______.”

“I’m not Katy Perry. I’m going!”

***

“It’s done then. The local branded dresses would be store at this very studio and safely locked until D-3. The other will picked up directly from the boutique to the venue. I can’t risk our lives if something happened to them before the day.” Fla puts up his serious face once again.

“Now that we’re settle, let’s go to the newest taco restaurant next to the campus. Dinner’s on me, everybody!”

There’s a sudden cheers explosion inside the studio. All people shout to each other and clap along. Grey and Tab are already dancing around while Kibum and I are making Yoo into human sandwich.

“Not everybody, guys! _______ can’t join us.”

I got confused with my arm still locked with Kibum’s and Yoo’s, “What did you say?”

“Your boyfriend’s already outside, you better go check him! Hahaha!” Nee casually walks toward us.

“I don’t remember own one, Nee!”

“Hi, guys! Hi, _______!”

Kibum almost fell laughing after saw Jonghyun silly beam at the front door. I’m sure enough my face would be as red as the chili that we’re going to knock down at Tacomaniac.

“What are you doing here?”

“I just dropped by to say hi!”

“You already did that, ‘hi’ back, so excuse us, because we’re going to have our late dinner.”

“Ask him to join us, _______!” Yoo shrieks from his stool.

What a perfect timing, Yoo. Argh.

“No, Jonghyun would be uncomfortable with our noisy dinner,” I answer it on behalf Jonghyun, then make it sure as a ‘nice’ way to push him away, “Right, Jonghyun?”

“No, it’s okay! It would be nice! Well, as long as it’s okay with you guys.”

“Everyone is always welcomed. Come on!” Grey’s already snatch his backpack and grab Jonghyun’s arm followed by Tab and Kibum behind. I’m flustered with the atmosphere around me but clearly can do nothing with this crazy group and their evil mind. I cursed Nee silently and pick my things in anger before joined the pack.

***

I take a glimpse at my phone screen. Same time. Day 12. What now?

“Pick it up! I want to sleep!” Jinki kick me right on my knee.

“Go to your own room!”

“The air con is broken.”

“Then stay silent! Or I hurl you out of my door!”

My phone keeps ringing with no mercy.

“_______-ya! Answer that! Oppa’s so tired! I need to wake up early tomorrow, please?” Jinki screams under the pillow. I groan and run my phone to the living room.

“Hello, Jonghyun.”

“Hi, _______!”

“What’s up?”

“Nope. Just want to hear your voice!”

“Okay..”

“Are you still awake?”

“I won’t answer it if I’m already dreaming.”

“Haha! I saw you at the cafeteria this afternoon and you look like a zombie. I thought you were already sleep cause you must be so tired.”

“Yeah, I did. This week been an exhausting one. I barely have a proper rest.”

“Are you alright? Do you need something? I can drive right away to your house if you want!!”

This guy is so nice, “Nope.. Thanks, Jonghyun!”

“Are you sure?”

“Absolutely.”

“Okay! Just tell me if you need anything!”

“I want to rest right now actually..”

“Oh, I’m so sorry! Go hang up! I’ll see you tomorrow!”

“Nah. I need to stay awake though. I haven’t finished the pattern for the dress presentation end of this month.”

“Can I stay awake too?”

“Mean?”

“Well, like put your phone in hands free.. I’m gonna talk non-stop. Or sing sometimes. Or be quite if you want me to shut up.”

A little smirk nonchalantly rose upon my face. Well, at least I won’t be alone tonight. Jinki and Taemin are already knocked out because of their own schedule. I walk to the kitchen and press the speaker phone on the screen before pour some water into my throat.

“You can start talking now..”

***

“How. Can. You. Do. That.”

“I’m sorry, _______! I had no option!”

“Bull!! How can you do that, Nee?!!!!???? I thought we were friend!”

Indeed, in this very cruel world, you can trust no one. Not even your friend who’s always by your side since the first day of college time.

“I said I’m sorry! It was an instant decision!”

“Instant? You said instant?! How genius!!”

“Let me explain to you!” Nee holds on my arm expecting me not to go.

“Explain what? This already explained everything! You are a monster! A snake! Rotten snake, for God’s sake!”

I wipe my tears who keep streaming down my cheek though I tried to hold it so bad. After all my hard work, my bloody sweats, she just stole everything in a blink of an eye.

“Wait, _______! You should hear the reason I did this!”

“What?! What’s your excuse? You’re in a dead end? You didn’t know what to do? You’re no different from those thief!”

I hurriedly collect my stuffs from the studio. Pushed it inside my backpack haphazardly.

“Please, listen to me!”

“No! You listen to me, !” Nee looks taken a back. I got my chance to stand on my feet after felt jabbed right on my tummy, “You know how much I spent every second of my life to those designs! I had no sleep just to make sure it’s perfect! I let my body worn out just to create some magic, hoping the miracle would come so I could show them my masterpiece. But YOU, sneaky bastard, you ruined everything! You shamelessly snatch my design right in front of my eyes!”

“_______-ya, this kind of opportunity wouldn’t came twice! You should thank me finally Mr. Scott had chance to see all of these!”

“THANK YOU?!!!?!!! How dare you! If you want me thank to you, go tell them that those are mine! My designs! My ideas!”

“I can’t, _______! It will ruined everything! This is the only way to show it to public!”

“You can’t but you told me to thank you?! Are you nuts?! Did you need a car crushed your face just to fix your common sense?! THAT WAS MY DESIGN, FOR PETE’S SAKE!! I spent years to built that! Tell them those are not yours!”

“I won’t! It would kill me, _______! Please understand me!”

“It would kill you? How about me?! How about my feeling? Is it alright if I’m killed?”

“I said I’m sorry! I admit that you’re way more creative than me. Smarter and bolder than me! You can make another wonderful and genius fashion statement but this is my only chance.”

“You had no chance with your attitude, never. If you care to explain it to them, I would really appreciate it and might think about working together. But if you stubborn girl still go this way, just forget that you ever know me.”

“________! I am really really sorry!!!”

I run as fast as I could. I bump to several people, but I have no time to apologize. My whole world already fall apart. I open my heart once, but it wasted like a trash. At this very time, I promise myself not to believe in others. Never ever again.

I can’t stop sobbing even I certainly realized people were staring. I duck my head as low as I could. I won’t trust her anymore. I won’t trust anybody! No one! I won’t.. I won’t.. I wo..

“_______-ya? What’s happened?”

Jonghyun stops me right away when I pass him on the hallway.

“Nothing, excuse me.”

“No. It’s definitely something.” Jonghyun placed his hand on my shoulder.

“Jonghyun, please. Let me go.”

When I felt his hand slacking a bit, I rushed to the West Building to find my brother.

“_______-ya! Wait!” I can hear Jonghyun chasing me behind. With my speed, Jonghyun easily caught me and blocks my way.

“Jonghyun, move.”

“No. I won’t.”

“Please, before I hurt you. Just move.”

“Not until you explain why your face was drenched in tears.”

“Who do you think you are that I should explain it to you?!” I start loosing my patient and raising my pitch.

“I’m just someone who’s happened to care about you.”

“If you care about me then leave me alone.”

“I said I won’t until you tell me why.”

“Jonghyun, don’t ask me to be a bad person.”

“I don’t. I ask you to tell me. That’s all.”

“Leave me alone!!”

“No!! Now tell me what’s happened with you!! Why are you crying?! Tell me!”

I lost my last endurance and the next second I found myself showering Jonghyun with curse.

“Why are you want to know it so bad?! This is my life and I don’t ask you to care! Just because you were so nice to me lately you have no right force me telling you all my problem! You don’t own me! Never! So don’t you dare asking me to tell you what’s happened with me! Now get lost! I’m sick of it!”

I stare at him. His jawline suddenly got stiffen. I pant a bit catching my breath. I locked my eyes to him for a while before left him still when I start crying again.

***

I flew from the kitchen to the living room just to be disappointed with the name appeared.

It’s Tab.

I chose to leave it unanswered. A message popped up. It’s Kibum.

'Answer it stupid! Or I hunt you down to your house!’

'I can’t. Sorry Kibum-ah.’

'What’s wrong with you? Nee already confessed. Everything’s messed up but already cleared. Come out your shell!’

'I will. But just not now. Send my kiss to Tab.’

'So you skip again?’

'I guess so.’

'I hate you, _______.’

'I love you too, Kibum-ah.’

I’m sorry Kibum-ah. I have a phone call to wait. A phone call that might never appeared. A phone call that used to cheer my gloomy nights up. A phone call that disturbed me with its warm embrace. A phone call that probably would never happened anymore.

***

Summer holiday is around the corner. Some students already left and headed to their vacation destination. Some stay longer at the library to have good reading before going back their hometown.

The hallway is quieter even though I plugged my headset on with the loudest volume. Some faces already gone. No shouting sounds. No shouting sounds calling my name just like it used to be.

With the last drip of my laziness, I reached my locker that neglected almost a month long. Colorful papers dropped to the floor as I pull the handle.

'You’ll regret the one that got away.’

Kibum was right. Regret always come later. It came after the silhouette gone. No smiles at the hallway. No cheers welcome at the cafeteria. And here I am, desperately collect the memories as I shoved the unopened letters inside my bag. Closing it back, I can only murmured in desolation, “I am really sorry..”

***

'As I close my eyes, I picture your smile. A rare smile that could blow my mind away to the cotton candy sky. I don’t mind gaping the air caused by sprinting from the west to east just to catch a glimpse of it. Have a nice day!
P.S. : I bought this paper just because the dog at the bottom looks like Roo ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
P.S.S. : you should go see Roo sometimes! You’ll be happy! ㅎㅅㅎ’


'I always love winter. And it’s like not enough, you came to me on a winter evening too. Everything’s just that perfect. The way you talk, walk, laugh, and even yell to your team mates — I like it. And that last winter would be my favorite ever in my whole life! Have a nice day!’


'To talk about passion, we both really mastering that. I can’t stop you for working late with your project because I know that’s how I deal with my composing stuff. Since I won’t always beside you, please help me to take care yourself. Get some rest in between! Have a nice day!’


'I just watch X-men last week. It was awesome. Too bad you didn’t join me ㅠㅠ how about the next movie? It’s on me! You can have popcorn as much as you want! Or nachos!! Kibum said you love nachos! Shall I bring that to the studio? Hihi! Have a nice day!’


“_______-ya!”

I press my teary eyes and put the letters under my pillow. I lay my head on it and randomly scrolling my phone while back facing the door.

“Why is it so quite here?”

Jinki walks in my bedroom and goes straight to the stereo set near my wardrobe.

“It’s my room! Why’re you home?”

“I’m done with the lecture earlier.” He checks all my CD’s collection, throws some backs to the shelf, reads the tracks, and then finally puts something to hum.

He follows me to the bed and close his eyes while listening to the music, just like his usual day. I look at him in anxiety, afraid he would found out that I just finished crying.

After I tried to keep myself engrossed to the phone — which is so hard because nothing interesting there — I decided to join my brother enjoying the tunes.
Wait. It’s weird. I remember every single piece of silver disk that I bought, or kidnapped from Jinki’s room. I listen to anything that I saw, including Taemin freaky trance dance music collection. But I never heard this one.

“You bought a new CD? You should told me, I want to buy some new muses too.”

“I didn’t.”

“You old man, first rule: never lie to your siblings. Second rule: never lie to your sister.”

“Shut up, you ruined the melodies!”

The sickness that is you, the worse it gets, the more exhausted I get but the only medicine is you
If I can’t have you, I might die, I might go crazy, I don’t know what will happen
The only medicine is you
I can’t live if I lose you

“It must be Tae’s.”

“It’s yours, stupid. Now zip your mouth and let me have my proper nap.”

You pretend to give me a chance as you come close then get far away
Like a doll, I get dragged around but in front of you, my breath stops

Mine? Which one? Did I miss something?

“When did I buy this one?"

“It’s the one from my student. Another words come from your lips, seriously _______, I would..”

I rush to the CD cover on the player before Jinki could finished his words. I can feel my hand trembling so bad when I finally reached it.

I can’t figure out this fever, I can’t cool it down
Can you hear my heart that’s about to burst toward you?
I’ve dried up like the desert, I’m hoping for a sweet rain that is you, to fall

Your cold eyes digs into my heart, cutting deeply through the center
If I don’t cure this wound, I might die, I might go crazy, I don’t know what will happen

“Oppa..”

I shook Jinki’s shoulder while crying. He’s about to yell but suddenly confused with the melt down covered my face.

“Hey, hey, what’s wrong? Why are you crying suddenly?”

I throw everything out, exploding without no pause. I told him about Jonghyun. About Nee’s stupid decision. My weeping getting louder as I reached the part when I broke his heart right away told him to get lost despite of him just being nice. I choked myself telling Jinki how much I miss his annoyance right now.

Jinki wipes my tears that seems would never dried. I drag the pillow away and show him the colorful paper that I’ve been reading earlier. He carefully quick-scans them, one by one, before finally drown my face on his chest.

“It’s alright, honey.. I know it’s hard. It’s not your fault..”

“This is totally mine. I’m a jerk! He doesn’t deserve this..”

“Shhh.. It’s okay, _______. He might care too much so he won’t be mad just because you yelled at him once. I’ll help you to make it up with him.”

“How?” I pull myself away to my brother who chuckles hearing I snorted.

“We’ll find away..,” Jinki pats my head lightly, “But first, you need to go outside. This weekend, we’re going to the beach.”

***

This is definitely not my type of hanging out. Both my brothers are beach . Give them sun, sand, and sea, they would be dumbos running and splashing around. With the wide smile on their face, they’d easily forget that today’s agenda is their sister broken-heart-healing program. I’m totally being left alone with my iPod and bunch of sunscreen.

The other stupid things are, I converted Jonghyun’s mix tape and synced it to my playlist. Wrong choice, but also a perfect soundtrack for my current phase, so I bear myself to let out all the feeling and hope the wind would blown it away to the other side of the sea.

“Hi, beautiful.”

No. Not another , please. By the corner of my eyes, I could catch this pack of ert college students approaching me. I pull my loose shirt together to cover the bikini inside.

“Why are you sit alone, come join us..”

I turn up the volume trying to ignore their nasty vibe. Why in the world I had to left my phone at home?

“Come on, babe..”

“What the hell are you doing?!?!!” I lost my nerves when one of them slipping his hand through my loose shirt to touch my shoulder.

“Aaaww! You’re too cute to get angry! Hahahaha!”

They laugh like that was the best joke in the entire universe. Where is Jinki when I need him?!!

“Go yourself!” I turn my back to find another safe place but someone block my way, makes me accidentally touch his bare chest.

“Wow! That’s escalated quickly!”

I flinched back to find two guys come closer at the same time. One of them grab my wrist before I can stand properly.

“Let me go!”

“Not until you have a drink with us.”

“Never, you idiot!”

“Then I would let you go, beautiful.”

I clench my teeth and spread my eyes to find my brothers. Where the hell are they?!! Wait! That’s him!

“Taemin-aaaaaaah!!!”

“Ohooo.. Her voice is so beautiful too..”

No hope, Taemin is too far and the beach is too crowded. I feel him tighten his grip on my wrist.

“LET ME GOOO!!”

I want to sprint away but there’re to many of them. I can’t find any gap.

“Let her go.”

This voice of angel save me right at the moment I lost my strength.

“Dibs! Go away!” The one with the dark hair yells without leaving his slanted eyes from me.

“Put your hand off my girlfriend, dude.”

Heck no, this is insane. Did I just misheard that? Oh, whatever! At least I can sneak out the crowd and save my life.

“Oh! So this is your GIRLFRIEND?”

They slowly left me except the one who locked my wrist.

“Yeah. Do you mind?”

“Mind what?”

“Mind this!” The next second I can hear from behind is someone’s getting jabbed right on his tummy. Despite his friend is being beaten up — I don’t know who did that — this man right in front of me still doesn’t let my hand go. But when I feel someone walks closer, he loosen it a bit.

“Dude, that’s my girl hand.. So, please?” This man cursed under his nose before dashed nowhere.

“Thank y..o..u..” My hand hang on the air not able to continue wipe my eyes.

“Are you alright?”

Jonghyun stretches his hand to check mine, let me stunned with no words.

“_______-ya? Are you alright? Is this hurt? Where else did it hurt?”

His sweet voice erodes my heart.

“Hey, hey, is that hurt? Why are you crying? Tell me where it hurts!” Jonghyun places his hand all over my shoulder when I cried helplessly by his sudden appeared.

I shake my heads rapidly, “I’m fine..”

“Are you sure?”

I gave him a weak nod, “Where have you been?”

“Oh, I was away for choir competition. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you, well, I didn’t tell anyone. Even your brother, so yeah.. I skipped his class about a month? Or two? Around that. Anyway, I just arrived last night and got caged up in my bed, so this morning I rushed to your house to find it empty, I tried to call you but no answer, then I asked yo..”

I rush to his chest and burst into cry on it. I choked myself several times before finally could speak.

“I’m really sorry..” I mumble between my sobs.

“No, I am sorry.. I left you without any message..” He caresses my hair lightly and calms me down with his steady breath.

I shakes my head almost with no power, “I miss you, Jong..”

Jonghyun pulls himself away and stare at me in disbelief.

“Did you just call me ‘Jong’?” A wide radiant smile suddenly adorn his pretty face.

“I just told you that I miss you! Is that how you respond it?” I’m awaken by my pride, bit disappointed with the result of my confession.

“Hahaha!”

“Okay, bye then!”

“Waaaaiiitt!!”

“Why?!”

He cups my face and keeps smiling, and it really burns my face red.

“I know.. I know it..”

“How do you know?”

“You instagram-ing your feelings!”

Poor you, _______! Who told you to act like an emo teenager and post every single thing that reminds of him?!!?!

“But you don’t have instagram!”

“Kim Kibum has.”

Shoot. Where should I hide my face? I keep staring down and play the sand between my toes. Sounds of the waves tangled together with the wind, left us in silence.

“Now what?”

“What what?”

“Well.. Can I call you my girlfriend?” I turn to his side and laugh at his corny statement. He just stood there scratching his — now platinum blonde — hair, seems regret what did he just say.

“You just did that.”

“I mean like.. Real one?”

“I don’t know. You tell me.” I shrug my shoulder and smile cheekily at him.

This man before me suddenly sprung my cheeks, “Then girlfriend it is.”

I blushed out of nowhere. Jonghyun pinched my nose lightly then reached my hand and carefully wrapped it with his. As I lean my head on his arm, I know, that from now on, I would always have nice days on my life.

***