Excuse(s) [OK]

Bedtime Stories

“If you use up all the hot water again, I swear to God! You’re on the couch for a month!!”

Jinki is shouting to the mirror in their bathroom but it darted to Gwiboon who’s reading peacefully as if nothing happened.

“Chill, Babe. It’s not like a world war or something.”

“Chill you said?” His hand hung on the air, paused drying his hair, in disbelief what he just heard, “I came back home after long day in the office, wondering how great it would to be refreshed under hot shower. But when I got home?! Not even one drop! Thank you very much!”

She casually flipped the next page, “If you’re talking about refresh, the cold water is so much better!”

“Not when all my muscle tangled tightly one to another!” Jinki continue to dry his hair, now in such angry speed.

“It’s Wednesday. I thought you’re gonna be at the gym.”

Jinki sighed when he remember what happened exactly 30 minutes before the hours finished, “Minho ditched me when the new interior designer said yes to have dinner with him.”

“Oh, my poor man.”

He then brushed his teeth furiously when he realized nothing’s changed from Gwiboon’s tone.

“Wfvhuat ar yue deuin tu spen ol de hot wutah?”

“What? I couldn’t get you, Honey.”

“Ye know wfvhat ai muent.”

Gwiboon curses silently, five years of relationship made Jinki knew her too well up until the part of advancing in understanding each other’s alien language.

“You know that last week both of us were too busy, right?”

“Hmmm.”

“I was too tired to take the babies to the pet shop on Saturday, so I washed them by myself just now. And who has heart to use the cold water on them?” 

By the babies, Jinki knows that it means their dogs Comme Des and Garçon. They’re very handful indeed, but he didn’t think their apartment system will finish the hot water supply just for them.

“Don’t trick me. Our babies won’t spend much water. Tell me what you have done.”

He stepped out the bathroom, towel covering only his lower part, makes Gwiboon writes a mental note to thank Minho later for egging him to always go to the gym at least twice a week, because he looks so damn hot even though Jinki’s very upset now she needs to cover her crime. 

“I wash the grey bed cover today.”

He rolled his eyes immediately when she revealed it. Gwiboon has a thing with the said bed cover. It was made of perfect mixture of cotton and silk which is Jinki himself has no doubt that it’s indeed very comfortable. Because it’s somehow too delicate, she never washed it in the washing machine let alone sent it to the laundry place in their building.

“But you can do that on weekend, babe! When I don’t even need shower! I just want to relax and it was in’ cold!”

He yelled in front of the wardrobe, somehow unable to keep nagging to her girlfriend.

“I’m sorry, Jinx, I just don’t want to ruin it for letting it laid inside the laundry bag for too long.”

She slipped her arms around his waist and rests her cheek on his bare skin, tried to calm him down.

“Try not to do that on weekdays, uh?” No matter what, Jinki is always soften by Gwiboon’s back hug, he moved his hand to caress her locked hands on his torso, “And let’s just take the babies to the pet shop in the morning before we go to work and pick them up when we got home in the evening when we just too busy. I just can’t stand the cold.”

“Speaking of the cold,” Gwiboon roams her hands up and down, grazing his built up abs from behind, “Let me warm you up, babe.”

Gwiboon reached out the knot of the towel and let it drop to floor. Then she started peppering his shoulder with soft kisses, palms resting on his chest.

“Now we’re talking.”

***