A manic driver

31 short stories for December
 

A MANIC DRIVER

Jiyeon was driving in the highway with a heart melting smile gracing her face. The sky was dark and it was five a.m. In few hours sun was bound to shine brightening her world. She enjoyed taking early morning rides freely without being told about her speed limit so highway it was. Barely any car was around but that doesn’t matter as long as she felt free. After that she could sleep in peace in her comfortable bed closing every source of disturbing natural light.

And Jiyeon did this twice a week. Mostly on Saturday and Sunday in the early morning just few hours prior to sun rising. But today was different.

As mindlessly as she was, she didn’t see the car with dangerously high speed was coming. She frowned from the rearview and makes the way for it go peacefully. The two others cars did the same letting the manic pass, though the driver seemed drunk- absolutely drunk as the car came to her side. She sensed the danger and slowed the car, the other car behind her did too but the manic suddenly went to the left side nearly brushing the other one making Jiyeon wide her eyes. The freak was drunk driving in high way committing suicide!

Hey you stop the car!” The one in the back car yelled to the drunk driver sliding down the mirror.

Jiyeon panicked when the car start moving like snake. She hissed and try to get away from the road to the side because it seems like someone’s gonna die and she wasn’t ready for that.

Though she was late as the manic brush her car making her car to slam to the one in the back and instantly they had to stop their cars in the middle of the road. Her mirror broke and she hissed at the force she was pushed.

The manic though didn’t stop and drives away with same way probably going to hurt someone else in his way.

Jiyeon waited for her shivering body to calm down. The impact of crush was strong so she was feeling a little numb.

She faintly heard the other driver slammed the door open in what she believe was furry.

Someone knock on her window did she finally decided to move a little and see the damage from outside.

Opening the door she saw the other guy staring at her in a little worry; he looked madder than anything else.

You okay girl?” The guy asked his voice vanishing in the windy night.

She nodded her head, ignoring the dull pain that was slowly vanishing as she walked a little.

A loud gasp slip out when she saw the broken front light and the door was slightly smashed in which it will not be able to open! Her precious car was ruined and the bastard didn’t wait to pay up for the damage! She won’t let this slide down.

She touched the damaged area as big tears formed. She didn’t want to cry but it was her damn car and it was supposed to be a peaceful time.

That moron will pay for it!” She screamed going crazy.

Uh hey,” The guy hesitantly. “I think we need to call the police and do something-”

“There’s no point! We’re in the middle of nowhere idiot use your brain!”

The guy frowned. “Who the do you think you’re yelling at?! You ing slammed your car into mine! If you were smarter you could’ve done something to stop that so don’t come and yell at me while I’m trying to help both of us! Gosh some peoples are too much.”

The guy stormed to his car and checked it out. So he straightly came to her. Now she sounded like a jerk but still she was mad. That was her car. The manic driver was at fault. Why are they even arguing with each other when they should scheme something against that idiot drunk human being.

Few minutes later he started smoking quietly staring at the road while sitting on the chair with his long legs out the car. She felt guilty. Walking slowly to him she stands up beside the back door.

I’m sorry for yelling at you… it’s just I was too shocked and… I was actually a little bit hurting too.” She admitted looking up.

The guy exhaled the poison from his mouth. Though he didn’t reply.

What are we going to do now? A single car didn’t pass by us...” She mumbled.

The guy throws the stick on the ground smashing it with his black shiny elegant shoes.

“Do you know how to fix the car?” He asked quietly.

Jiyeon shake her head in disappointment. The man nods before standing up.

Guess then, we’ve to walk to ask for help.” He said but it felt like he wanted to know if she was willing to walk with a stranger at night like this, even trusting him to help her.

When she nodded once again the guy sighed tiredly. “While we are at it, we should at least know each other’s name. My name is Sehun.”

“Jiyeon.

“Good now let’s get going- or you prefer to wait here while I look around perhaps?” He asked and from the looks of it he was considering to do just that.

No! I mean don’t leave me here….” She whispered feeling embarrassed to be exposed like this to a mere stranger.

I mean come on, they were in the middle of nowhere with nothing to help them with. What if some creature attack her while Sehun is away? She can’t take the possibility.

The guy raised his eyebrow before chuckling. “As you wish.”

Jiyeon start walking with staring around in fear. Who knows what’s lurking around at this time of the day. What if some psycho passes by or worst- demons! They would tear her heart out and eat it- she shakes her head to get rid of nasty thoughts. She hoped Sehun was enough of a man to stand up for her if such a thing occurs.


Walking for two hours without resting she felt tired. She has asked Sehun several times if there was any sign of human life and he shake his head quietly walking with his long legs. That probably made it easier for him to walk without feeling tired.

Her steps become slower and slower. Now Sehun was ten steps ahead of her and he was still getting on the same speed while she’s walking slower each step.

Are you planning to walk like a snail and getting lost? You’re going a great job by the way!” He said loudly so she can hear him.

I can’t okay! I’m tired… let’s just rest here.” She said huffing and without his response she sat down. No longer caring about the dirty ground.

Sehun came back and he looked not pleased. “Are you kidding me? Now you want to sit? In here? You must be insane to suggest such a thing. We’re not staying here because it’s dangerous. You understand what I’m saying?” He waved his hand around trying to tell her it wasn’t safe.

You should’ve stayed in car in the first place.”

“I just can’t walk anymore… my legs are throbbing and just argh.” She massaged her legs covered by a black skinny leather pants.

Is it okay if I lift you up?” He asked.

Jiyeon thought for a second before sheepishly nodded. It was emergency; she did rather be a shameless burden then die here.

Sehun came closer and she slowly stood up mentally whining at the pressure of her weight on her feet. Sehun placed his one hand in the back of her knees and the other on her back swiftly lifting her up.

Gosh you heavy.” He complained the first thing. And Jiyeon wasn’t going to complain. He was stranger and he would go that far in helping her and at the very least she could be grateful to him and listen to his rants.

But after that he simply start walking, Jiyeon noticed he starts walking slower than before.

I’m sorry for making you do this for me.” She mumbled gazing at his jaw rather than his eyes.

Yeah you owe me a meal for this.” He stated then smiled at her. A first smile she received from him and it was cute for someone who looked like has no feelings.

 

In hour or two later sun was shining did they find a supermarket and restaurant and hotels. She smiled in relief. Finally some life.

The first thing Sehun did was talk to the man professional in fixing cars. She was informed later that Sehun has paid for her damage too. She didn’t say how grateful she felt but she thought of inviting him for a dinner. The warrior deserves that.

After their cars were able to ride, they went to the police station complaining about the manic driver.


It was time to for them to each go their way. Jiyeon was waiting beside her car for Sehun. It was already five p.m. She remembered it was five a.m. when they gotten into accident. That’s like thirteen hours in total.

Jiyeon smiled at Sehun who came out and return the smile.

So this is good bye huh?” Jiyeon asked nervously biting her lips.

Sehun shake his head. “No of course not. Have you forgotten about my meal?”

Jiyeon gasped in realization. “Oh that totally slipped out of my mind. Of course I’ll treat you for helping me. How about on Saturday?”

Sehun raised his eyebrows playfully. “That’s like a week later from now.”

Jiyeon held out her hand for his phone number.

03Eur4q.pngmLj6TK8.png

 

AUTHOR NOTE

I honestly don’t know what I write in first few paragraphs but yeah here it is. I think sometime later I’ve to edit these all chapters but now I’ve to write fast for everyday so… have a good day ^^

Thank you for subscribing and commenting guys! Really thankful to you all ^^