He who keep me sane

31 short stories for December
 

HE WHO KEEP ME SANE

Jiyeon has a big problem. She was tired of it, so damn tired that she was this close to commit suicide. Now you would say there was nothing worth for her to take her life, she would say the same but the problem she was facing has so far no cure, it was torturous and it made her go crazy. It’s been months she’s been crying herself to sleep hugging herself as she her heart racing faster. She tried to tell people but they dismissed it saying something was wrong with her mind. It was her illusions… so why her allusions could physically hurt her? She would question herself staring at her arms clad in red scratches and bruised body.

When you can see ghost, spirit and demons… who are behind your life then no, it wasn’t worth to live for she believed they would either end up killing her or she would go insane for real.

So she decided that she should try mental hospital to get helped. She needs it. She was mentally going crazy and that was in no way helping her.

Now sitting inside the cab she stared outside the window. She remembered the first time she had to face this. She was coming home late when she a dead cat in her way home. She was supposed to ignore and walk away but a blue chain stole her attention and she walked to check it out. After taking the thing in her hand the very next moment, her world changed as she faced the first dead soul staring at her for few moments and when the thing realized Jiyeon could see it, it came dashing to Jiyeon. She remembered she ran for her life but the thing manage claw her back so she screamed and she heard someone running to her asking if she was okay. She was shivering and crying telling the person there was someone but there were none. From there things started and she knows it has something to do with chain and even though she has asked helped from priest, they took the chain from her saying they’ll find out what it was. And it’s not like every ghost attack her, some were actually nice but that doesn’t make it any better, her body was abused enough.

The cab stopped and she mentally groaned. Now she has to walk until she reached to her destination.

Sun was shining brightly making her sweat as she walked and walked. For some reason there was no human or ghost around. The silence was creepier than she thought.


Entering the place everyone eyed her and she shivered at the sudden attention. She bowed to some in her way walking straight to the office.

Everything was done and she was sitting on her bed. If you ask her, the patients didn’t look mentally ill people. Yeah they have this depressing aura but they looked pretty fine.

So you’re the new girl? Why are you here?” Asked a boy in her room. He was handsome, pretty cool but so pale.

She didn’t want to tell him why she was here. It would scare the guy away. She smiled weakly hugging herself tighter. “I can’t tell for now. It’s not… not normal you know.”

The guy smile shaking his head amused at her reply. “You know this place is built for abnormal, right?”

She finds herself smiling at her stupidity.

Well… you won’t believe me but I can see dead.” When she said that the smile was wiped off from the guy’s lips and for few seconds he just stared oddly at her. In discomfort she turned her face away. See, even he fined it unbelievable.

As if the guy sensed her bitterness he shake his head, getting up he closed the door shut and sat on Jiyeon’s bed eyeing her seriously. He hissed lowly. “Hey, it’s good that you tell me this, but promise me you won’t tell this to anyone. Not even to the doctors.”

Jiyeon didn’t understand. She was here for help so she’s supposed to tell the doctor this right. “But why?” She asked.

The guy gave her a stern look as his eyes roamed on her body for a second. “Because it’s going to be bad. Here… they don’t heal you. Peoples aren’t mentally ill here but people in here are those… who society calls crazy and force us to be patient. We’re not crazy, so don’t tell this to anyone okay? This is different… at least till they accept you.” He said sounding way too serious.

Jiyeon didn’t understand but she decided to listen to the man. I mean so far she didn’t encounter any dead right so it couldn’t be that bad but she swear the moment she’ll meet one she would flee off from here.

She finds out the handsome man called Sehun. He was too close for her own good but it’s been long she actually focus on her love life and the guy was basically throwing himself at her.


“Jiyeon, have you ever had the feelings to kill someone?” Baekhyun asked her when they were sitting in the garden. Sehun tensed beside her. It didn’t escape their observing eyes how he wrapped his arms around her protectively suspiciously eyeing Baekhyun.

Jiyeon shake her head. No, she never felt the need to do that or even think of killing someone other than herself.

I know I’m sounding like a jerk but my instinct telling me to hurt you… I don’t know why…”

When Baekhyun said that Sehun forced the shock Jiyeon to stand up. “You’ll not dear to lay finger on her! Baekhyun I swear I’ll bust your head!”

He strides away tagging Jiyeon along.


“Why did he say that?” Jiyeon asked Sehun shivering slightly.

Sehun sighed pulling her in his chest to calm her body down as gently as possible. “You’ve me with you. As long as you’re with me you’re save.” He pecked her forehead.

Jiyeon’s cheek heated up in his cold embrace. But it still felt nice to be hugged by a man like this.


After a month of being together she realized her feelings towards the tall handsome depressed guy who only smiles when she’s around.

Sehun was tearing up when she confessed. He was so happy and for the first time she saw his smile so bright and no, not just his smile- he was entirely glowing up with lightness. Can a human shine like an angel?


Now it’s been two months she came here and so far she was the happiest she has been in her life. These people were strange but they were just so good it made her forget her entire life’s problem. She felt happy around and seeing no ghost it made her extremely relived.

One day sitting with her friends she decided to express her gratitude. Sehun once told her that once they start accepting her she can tell them her reason.

You know guys… I’m so glad I came here.” The others nodded at her grinning sweetly at her. “When I came in, I was this close to kill myself but now… now that I think back I’m glad I didn’t do anything stupid for I would’ve not been able to meet any of you.”

Chanyeol and Baekhyun applaud. It made Jiyeon smile widely. She continued. “I didn’t tell any of you and I’m sorry but now that I trust you so I’ll say the truth why I came here. I was seeing dead peoples, they were hurting me and my mind was going insane so I came for help…” She paused when their expressions turned to confused and they start whispering among themselves.

At that moment Sehun stand up and Jiyeon looked up at him to see his horrified face. She didn’t understand when Sehun lift her hand and then start running leaving the table. What was happening? It wasn’t just her friends and Sehun acting weird, everyone was gazing at her and at one point a man came to stop them but Sehun snarled at the man in a very creepy way it send her shivers done her spine and even the man step away.

What confused her more was Sehun dragged her out of the building. Were they allowed to do this? It was night time and Sehun keep running urgently until fifteen minutes they saw a cabin. Without any concern Sehun opened the door and locked it.

Jiyeon wasn’t getting anything. This was getting so crazy now. When Sehun stared at her, his eyes were wide in fear.

Why did you tell them that? I told you to not tell anyone you could see ghost!” He hissed but kept his voice low.

Jiyeon parted her lips. “But you said I could tell them when they start accepting me.” She murmured looking at him fearfully.

Sehun growled to himself. He slammed his fist on the wall and Jiyeon know he was getting mad. Why he was getting mad anyway. Beside she never saw him reacting aggressively like this before.

I said that to stop you okay?! This wasn’t supposed to happen!” He yelled now.

Jiyeon covered her ears sliding down the wall in fear. She cried shaking her head.

It softened Sehun’s face. He sat down on his knees facing her. He called her name gently caressing her face smoothly calming her down.

Remember when you said you don’t see dead anymore?” Sehun asked. His voice was heavy and icy bit not in a cruel manner.

Jiyeon nods. “And remember when I told you to not tell anyone you can see dead?”

Jiyeon nod again. He wasn’t giving her a good vibe.

You know why?” He asked again and something was telling her she didn’t need to know. She should leave things for ignorance is a bliss but she nod.

He leaned closer to her face.

Because babe… no one is alive in that building.”

 

Jiyeon’s eyes slowly and slowly widened. Her breath choked and she became pale.

Smiling gently Sehun whispered. “You didn’t see anyone dead… that’s because all you’ve around is dead.”

And that was the last straw for her. She start thrashing around aggressively trying to get away from Sehun… a ghost.

But Sehun grasped her waist and forced her against him. “Do you still fear me after all I’ve done for you?” He asked and Jiyeon thought he sounded bitter so she calmed down because damn yes! Sehun did too much for her… he can’t hurt her right? He knows she was human the very first moment but he helped her instead.

Sehun.” She cried his name hugging him so tightly. He was the one thing keeping her sane in this and she wasn’t ready to let him go. She cried to him as he whispered he’ll protect her from any dead who dare to hurt her. That he vowed to do that even before she confessed.

Sehun told her as long as she pretend she’s dead, no one will hurt her because so far they thing she was like them dead. Jiyeon decided it was better this way. She was ready to live like this because she was saved, have friends and were happy and most importantly she find a… creature like Sehun. Who was ready to help her from the start and now they were lovers. Not everyone’s happiness definition is same.

03Eur4q.pngmLj6TK8.png

AUTHOR NOTE

Okay I think I write horror better than I write fluff and romance and any other thing. Maybe not, actually I don’t know, was this even a horror in the first place? But yeah thank you guys for reading and commenting ^^