Falling for a single father 2

31 short stories for December
 

FALLING FOR A SINGLE FATHER PART 2

Jiyeon sighed umpteenth time with Ziyu at her side mimicking her. Sehun was forty minutes late today and Jiyeon didn’t want to call him to ask his whereabouts. Though she was getting worried for Ziyu whose mood was going down.

Call dad. I think he forget we’re at school.” The little boy whispered rubbing his face in annoyance. Jiyeon couldn’t help but to think about Sehun who sometimes do that when she force him to answer her.

Brushing the kid’s hair with her delicate fingers she said gently. “He must be coming his way now. Don’t worry he’ll be here in no time.”

Ziyu looked up with his big innocent eyes. “Are you scared of dad? Why don’t you ever call him?”

Jiyeon gasped softly at that. Well she wasn’t scared but she thinks it’s not necessary to bug Sehun about things he do. She has this fear that he’ll leave her if she disturbed him at his work. After all he didn’t officially said he love her. He just said they can be together if she wants so they were simply together. Hell it’s been two weeks when he said that and she agreed but nothing personal happened in the two weeks. The only thing happened was she staying in their house after school and at evening Sehun would send her home and in that ride would she try to make conversation and he would answer tiredly. She didn’t want to annoy him and that was all.

Ziyu don’t be ridiculous. Who could get scared by your father? He’s not even scary.” She brushed his accuse off waving around and defending herself to the child no older than five.

Sehun screeched the tires on the road stopping it. Jiyeon gave him a disapproving look shaking her head. She opened the door for the little boy and then went to the front.

Sorry it just things happened.” He muttered a small apology. “The traffic is getting out of hand these days.”

“It’s okay.” Jiyeon said smiling to herself.

Dad, don’t be late next time. I don’t like to stand there.” Ziyu demanded.

Jiyeon observed how Sehun’s eyebrow twitched at the kid’s tone. She knows Sehun was yet again ready to scold the boy so she touches his hand, massaging it and it was her way of telling him to calm down. He eyed her sighing then he just gave a one little glare to the boy from the rearview before decided to let it go.

 

Sehun stopped the car and the two came out of it waving at him as he drives to his work again.

Waving at Sehun the two walk inside as Sehun drives away.

 

What are we going to do? I’m hungry!” The boy said pouting his lips. He was changed and was already fresh.

Jiyeon smiled at the kid ruffling his hair she stand up and turns the TV on she start walking to the kitchen.

I’ll cook something delicious for you while you watch cartoons, Okay?”

The kid didn’t respond but Jiyeon know he was already engulfed in cartoon.
 

Sehun was sending Jiyeon home and Ziyu was in the back seat dozing off. Jiyeon wanted to talk to Sehun about doing something as couples but she wasn’t sure about his response to that.

Sehun I wanted to say something.” Jiyeon called feeling herself sweating.

Sehun nodded telling her to go ahead and say it.

“I wanted to say… it’s been two weeks we’re together but still we didn’t go in a date. Are you planning something?”

Sehun hummed in confusion. “Aren’t we on a date?”

Jiyeon choked on her spit. Covering she cleared . “Sehun, what is this you’re referring to as a date?” She asked probably to understand his mentality.

Sehun waved his other hand around the car. “We’re riding together passing many lights and other things.”

Jiyeon huffed. Okay so he thinks this is a date. Being in a car. But they’re always in the car!

Sehun sorry to burst your bubble but no- it’s not a date. It’s just you sending me home.”

Oh, then where do you want to go?” He suddenly asked after taking a sharp turn to the side going the opposite way from her apartment.

Jiyeon smiled slightly feeling giddy. “Ah well we could try taking a walk in the Park. A typical date?”

Sehun pursed his lips. “Yeah for fifteen minutes only because Ziyu looks tired. On Sunday when he would be with Irene we can spend the entire day on our own.”

And Jiyeon blushed wondering how he could say that with a straight face.

 

Sehun and Jiyeon were walking side by side though Sehun looked a little awkward. They made sure Ziyu was sleeping before coming out.

Sehun… I don’t know if it’s going to make you uncomfortable but I just wanted to know everything about you.” She halted to see his expression. He only gave her the look to go on. “I’m also curious to know how many girls have you date and if you did things and you know things like that.”

Sehun sighed. Smiling softly at her, he let his fingers slip into hers making her smile shyly.

I don’t know how to say that but… I’ve never liked how peoples were after my looks. They just needed a good face and wealth so I just distanced from everyone. So no, I never date anyone before Irene. And she also forced her friendship on me and then those friendly feeling turned to likes and we give it a try. Things happened and she ended up pregnant. We had to get marry because I was seriously not interested in dating anyone and she had my child so I just gave it a go saving the trouble for both of us.” He said that so calmly that Jiyeon wondered if he was giving it a go with her too for his child and not for his feelings for her.

So… this thing that we’re doing… it’s for Ziyu’s sake and not for personal feelings?” She asked uncertain if she wanted to hear his answer.

Suddenly Sehun stopped making her to look at him. His expressions were unreadable. Fingers still tangled, they stand away a little distance.

You think it’s for Ziyu we’re doing this.” He mumbled.

Jiyeon exhaled tiredly. “I’m asking you. So you tell me.” She stared back at him and when he kept looking at her she tried to pull her hand away.

He tightened his grip on hers. “I must remind you, you’re not his first teacher, not the first one to reach out to me about him. I could’ve acted not bothered by you. I could’ve snapped at you for prying into my personal life. It had nothing to do with Ziyu when you asked about my needs- I could’ve kicked you out the door in that moment- I didn’t. Because I’ve embraced that from you. I didn’t mind you asking that and I’m sure as hell it has nothing to do with Ziyu. Doubt me again- I won’t hold back from showing my love then.” He threatened.

Jiyeon lowered her eyes before smiling slightly. “Why holding back anyway. I think it would be better than being quiet all the time.”

“You sure asking me that?” He whispered taking a step to be closer to her.

Jiyeon nodded her head with determined look.

 

So,” Ziyu said looking at Sehun and Jiyeon. “You’re going to be my mom, and my mom is my mom. Why I’ve two moms?”

Sehun looked around before facing the little kid. “She’s your stepmom and you would treat her like your real mother because she would be sad if you didn’t. You don’t want to hurt her because you love her right?”

The kid nodded. Thought the adult know it would take a little time for the boy to get used to her being his new mom.

Jiyeon wondered if Ziyu didn’t send her that letter then would she have met someone as perfect as Sehun.

Maybe no.

03Eur4q.pngmLj6TK8.png

AUTHOR NOTE

I’m so tired right now but I wanted to finish so its going to be lacking in things… my mind wasn’t working huhuhu

alwaysAi said I should write a second part and Ziyu should be cupid so I’m sorry I couldn’t write that, I could barely write what I did with so little thoughts so I’m sorry dear

Thank you guys so much for subscribing and commenting ^^