In each others arms

31 short stories for December
 

IN EACH OTHERS ARMS

Chaos erupted alongside police sirens filled the entire city. Screams of ordinary people running here and there dominating the once peaceful and busy city.

Where’s Park Jiyeon in the middle of her duty?!” Officer yelled at others.

They all looked around until Oh Sehun decided to inform. “Sir she was here before ten minutes. She said something about using washroom.”

Officer groaned. “Fine then, one of you should wait for her and all the others go and find the kidnapper in the entire city now!”

Sehun stayed because he said he was worried for his girlfriend. Where could she have gone and what if she was in danger. It was true Kim Jongho’s daughter was kidnapped in the ceremony and the fact no one even realized until a bump was exploded was even terrific. Jiyeon left before all this mess and now Sehun was scared if something bad happened to her.

God this girl find the best time to leave my side.” He complained to himself showing the running people where to run.

It was after two minutes that he saw his girlfriend running to him with tears stains cheeks. Sehun dismissed them as being scared for him. He pulled the girl in bone crushing hug whispering to her how happy he was that she was back.

Jiyeon than pulled away from him, grabbing his biceps as she firmly eyed. “Officer Oh we need to rescue these peoples! I heard there’s another bump hidden somewhere near the bridge!”

Sehun nodded firmly. “We need to inform this to Officer Minho right his instant!” He immediately informed their leader.

I think they’re on their way to the bridge and once they’ll pass through it they’ll explode it.” Sehun said thoughtfully but Jiyeon didn’t respond as she eyed around.

Let’s go and follow others!” Sehun said to Jiyeon who hesitated.

Sehun…” She called.

Sehun could swear it sounded a sad call, or maybe a helpless one. He stopped caring about everything and gives her his full attention.

She smiled sadly at him, as she leaned forward clutching the side of his face. Her lips met his in a sweet kiss.

Sehun was confused at why would she suddenly want to kiss now in the middle of their duty but something wasn’t right. Slowly he wrapped his arms around her waist as she hardened the kiss. Even though Sehun wasn’t getting what was wrong with her he went along to her needs and pressed his lips firmly to hers.

Jiyeon pushed him away surprising the man and then ran away leaving him alone and confused.

Sehun shakes his head running to his police car because he could deal with her later, his duty was important at this moment.


He drives through the roads where ambulance and police sirens were mixed. His head was exploding from the stress and the chaos around.

You were right Officer Oh! There was a bump hidden in there and we manage to stop the kidnaper! You should come here right now!”

Sehun answered yes sir before speeding there. He sighed in relief at the information. His mind went back to Jiyeon. The way she acted was unusual and it kind of felt like she knows something they don’t but still she wasn’t supposed to tell him that.

Stopping his car he came out and eyed all the officers who were all shocked. He tried to ask them what was wrong but they merely gave him sorry looks.

Not understanding their behavior he ran forward and then he saw what was making them unable to move.

Jiyeon stared at him coldly alongside with their two officers as he recall Minseok and Jongdae. He wasn’t getting the situation but then he looked around and saw the ceo’s daughter held captive and sobbing to herself.

We’ll give her to you if you let our man pass or we’ll kill her.” Minseok said motioning with his gun for them to step back.

Sehun wanted to laugh because Minseok was his freaking friend and the guy couldn’t do this! They’ve been friends for over three years so… this was insane.

Officer Minso-”

“Don’t bother Oh! Just do what I say and you’ll get what you want!” Minseok interrupted him.

Sehun glared at everyone. They were betrayers but why Jiyeon? She couldn’t do this and when he gave her a pleaded look she looked down in what he thought was shame. She was ashamed of her doings?

Fine we’ll do as you wish but we need the girl first!” Minho yelled.

Minseok nodded.

Minho called Sehun to himself who was still not processing.

You’ll go and get the girl but I want you to shoot the person who’ll hand the girl to you and we’ll attack them after this, okay?”

And Sehun know it was the right thing to do but he felt awful following it because it was Jiyeon and Minseok. One of the three would hand him the girl but with Minho’s plan, they’ll die either way.


Sehun started to cautiously walk to them hoping for anyone but his lover to hand him the girl- she was the one who step forward with girl.

He closed his eyes, he doesn’t want this to happen but he has no choice in this. It was his duty; he can’t betray everyone just because his lover turned out evil.

When he was close enough he heard a whisper of sorry. Her eyes were glistening with tears. So she regretted doing this.

Once they were close enough Jiyeon’s eyes cringed and Sehun felt like she doesn’t want to do this.

Sehun,” She called softly. Sehun kept his eyes on her.

I’m sorry but you’ve to kill me after I give her to you.” she said.

Why?” He asked. “Why would you do that?”

Giving him another sorry smile of hers, she murmured. “They threatened me, if I didn’t make it right they’ll explode the entire city Sehun. It’s either I let them all die or save my self which won’t mean much to me after…”

Sehun was quiet. He knows what it was like to serve your country. Serving it as police officers was their dream, has always been. Their love for it was stronger and they’ve always admired how they would do anything to save it but they never thought for the sake of it they’ve to face this day.

Jiyeon smiled when she held the girl out, Sehun hissed. “If we’re already at this point then… you do the same to me.”

It was the silent agreement and the fact the girl heard everything both were aware if anyone would get alive they would be punished for this.

Jiyeon’s hand slipped from the girl as she waited for Sehun to point the gun at her and when he did she closed her eyes and shoot the gun.

The body falls down. She waited for herself to feel the pain of bullet but nothing. Only to realize he didn’t shoot her and the sound of shoots from others were hearable. She let tears flow from her eyes as she stared at her lover on the ground bathed with own blood. Her body falls down. She pulled the dead man to herself hugging him tightly. Why didn’t he shoot her! Why did he leave her like this! This wasn’t supposed to happen. No, she shakes her head and took the gun. She would die either way in this madness.

Closing her eyes she kissed his lifeless lips once again last time and pulled the trigger.

It was the end for them, not for the world.


Minho eyed the lovers after the bloodshed. It was strange how her lips were connected with Sehun’s forehead. There was a light stretch on her lips.

03Eur4q.pngmLj6TK8.png

AUTHOR NOTE

So here it is, I was supposed to write it beautifully because I personally liked this plot idea so much but sadly I don’t have time because I’ve to write a last one yet and that would be crack, the one and only genre I’ll write in these shots. Again it was aiAlways idea :)

Thank you guys so much for reading and commenting lovelies! ^^