Unsolved puzzle

31 short stories for December
 

UNSLOVED PUZZLE

Jiyeon thought there was something wrong with Sehun’s smile. They were dating for two years now but even today there was something about his smile bothered Jiyeon. It looked happy but mix with negative emotion. At first she thought it was sign he would break up but it’s been two years now so it wasn’t possible. What that negative emotion was Jiyeon couldn’t point out and by now she was use to that smile.

Jiyeon liked to draw; she has always liked that so when she was coloring her art Sehun came in. She offered him a hurried smile to which he nodded motioning her to continue doing what she was doing.

He sat down besides her watching carefully at her piece of art. Jiyeon unintentionally sniffed his masculine smell that had some sweetness into it. He reeked of it so it wasn’t like she purposely sniffed.

Sehun, I think there’s something missing in my life. I don’t know I just feel like there’s something I need to know but I don’t know.” She opened up the thing that was bothering her. There was this unsettling feeling in her fighting with her, telling her piece and bits of puzzles she can’t solve because the large content was missing.

Sehun hummed sitting even closer to her. “And what do you think about it? Any specific image or what?” He asked carefully eyeing her softly.

Jiyeon calmed down at his calm nature. She thinks hard the images to at least give it a noun name.

It’s a girl Sehun… a girl and you… It’s weird because you seem closer to her.” She was thinking hard at the grasped hands that she didn’t notice her lover become pale. “Too close to be just friends.” She mumbled staring at nothing. This sting. Why would something like this be in her thoughts? Sehun is her and no one is able to take Sehun away from her.

Jiyeon, don’t think about it. It’s not necessary.” Sehun stopped her from thinking further. He can’t let her remember it.

Jiyeon obeyed, she didn’t see the reason to think about something she doesn’t know is even true. Beside if it was about past, it would be nearly possible if Sehun didn’t date anyone. A human with such an appeal to be single was closer to impossible. Must be one of his exs.

Sehun I think I’m done for today. Let’s eat something.” And Sehun was more than willing to hear her out.

 

Walking hands in hands Jiyeon hummed to unfamiliar song as she and Sehun walk around enjoying the night breeze. Sehun said it was good for her health. Even though it was night still they could work with it too. The harming gas wouldn’t do much then it has already done.

Do you think I’m pretty?” She asked randomly swing their hands back and forth.

Sehun chuckled pulling her closer to his side. “Have I ever told you how beautiful you’re? You’re so pretty that sometime I lose my soul in you.”

Satisfied with his answer Jiyeon hummed in bliss. What has she done to be around someone like Sehun and to top it all he was her. She was living her dream.

Do you want me to piggyback you?” Sehun bend down as he didn’t wait for her reply.

Jiyeon shyly wrap her arms his thick neck and legs around his torso while he slowly stand up to his full height. Jiyeon squealed in happiness clutching on him for dear life.

 

Boxes were scattered around the room as Jiyeon was glaring up at Sehun from the floor as he stand at the door with shocked expression.

What is the meaning of this?!” She yelled throwing a bunch of photos of Sehun with another girl on the floor closer to his feet. Sehun catch the sight of few where he was kissing the said girl. He didn’t defend himself and lowered his head in shame and that wasn’t what Jiyeon wanted to see. She wanted Sehun to tell her it was a mistake or… or anything! He just can’t be quiet now.

Chuckling bitterly almost tearfully she said with the last ounce of strength. “So you’ve photos of this girl kissing you and hugging you and yet you don’t want to tell me? Oh wait, because I know the truth Sehun! I read your diary!” She yelled this time getting up on her feet and she wasn’t done. He has been hiding things from her for two years.

You said you love me Sehun! You lied! You like her, she’s your lover! You- you’re dating me because you feel responsible for my sister death… this isn’t right Sehun… how could you do this to me… to us?” Her voice quieted down as finally tears rolled down.

Sehun slowly looked up. He stayed quiet because he knows she won’t listen to him. She wouldn’t understand and if he tried to clear things up then she would misunderstand. She was already messed up and that won’t help. Sehun was calm because he knows this day would come so he prepared himself for this long time ago.

 

For a week Sehun kept watching Jiyeon from a far. She didn’t do much and stayed in but Sehun made sure she was okay. Until a week passed and he saw her stable enough to knock her door but as expected she opened only to slam but before the door could shut close he pushed it open forcing himself inside. He came here to talk; he won’t go back without making her hear to what he has to say.

Jiyeon fought against him for a while until she ends up giving up.

It’s true that I loved your sister… she was my lover and I know your feelings towards me. Your sister know too but we loved each other but that accident where you and her were in she didn’t make it while you forgot that part of memory… it’s true that in her last moments she asked me to look after you and make you happy and at first I started dating you was to make you happy but I started to fall for you. My love for you is sincere right now, Jiyeon. I never fake the confession I shared with you nor was my thought… this all true even though at first it wasn’t.”

“Why you didn’t tell me then? Why did you hide this from me for two years Sehun?” She asked defeated and tired from everything. For years this was bothering her and Sehun know it was so why he never tell her? Why did he wait for her to find out before he tells her himself.

Sehun approached her gently. “Because I know then you would doubt my love. I do not want this to happen… I want to stay with you like we are…”

Jiyeon forgave him. He wasn’t one to be blamed, she concluded. No one was to be blamed for it was the fate.

Puzzles were solved and she wasn’t that much happy solving them but she find out more about him and that was enough for now.

03Eur4q.pngmLj6TK8.png

AUTHOR NOTE

aiAlways idea once again. These four are extremely rushed but I couldn’t do anything. I’m just so damn sleepy my eyes are hardly open so sorry for these updates. Anyways once again thank you everyone for reading, subscribing and commenting ^^