Candies

31 short stories for December
 

CANDIES

The first time Sehun met Jiyeon, he was amazed at her loud personality. Cute. That’s how he described her and he was okay admiring her from a far as she bugged her friends. Her smile was sunny, shining brighter than his future.

He had this idiotic smile as he kept his eyes on her as she bounced from here to there. He cringed when she screamed she wanted candies. Wow. Sehun was pretty sure she doesn’t need some as she was already too energetic for her own good. Unintentionally he fished three strawberry candies out of his pocket and called her over by ‘here you can have some’. It was totally something he didn’t planned to do. And neither had he expected her to rush to him as if her life depended on it as she eyed the candies in his hand creepily.

She held her hand out eyeing the sweet things as if they’ll run away if she looked away. Sehun gave her quietly and though he was quiet bitter she didn’t thank him when she throws them inside altogether he decided to shoo her away with his fingers.

She didn’t move as she eyed him.

Sehun sighed. Why she wasn’t going? He wanted to admire her far as she was prettier like that.

Excuse me, I’m telling you to leave. Go.” He said pointing to her friends.

She laughed loudly at his face which was quiet rude. Sehun cringed, taking the napkin from his pocket and wipe her spit from his face.

You’ve candies. Do you keep them around all the time?” She asked and seemed genuinely interested if he goes around with candies. What does it has to do with her? So he glared at her, not pleased with the way she was being nosy.

I told you to leave.” He repeated, now taking things seriously. She should get the hint and leave.

But you’ve candies… Can you give me some more?” She asked happily.

No.”

“Whaat~? But I want a candy. Please give me some candies Mr. nice man.” She blinked at him to persuade him. Her chin jutted in as she stared innocently melting his heart.

Sehun acted like he doesn’t want to give in- when he would clearly force her to take if he had to.

As she started throwing them in Sehun said. “You’re supposed to say thank you.”

“Why?” She asked clueless and Sehun couldn’t help but to eye the sticky substance on her lips from the candies she was stuffing up in her stomach.

Because that’s polite.” He said nodding at her. Why doesn’t she know that? Was it even something to ask.

Why would I be polite with you?” She asked again. Sehun frowned at that. “Friends aren’t polite with each other.” She added throwing at him her million dollar smile that Sehun had to literally cover his eyes.

Sehun was happy to hear that. But he played it cool by telling her off. Though she smiled brighter and said she’ll come to ask for more candies later. That he better prepare some for her.

 

It was lunch when Sehun was trying his best to glare at students daring to come closer to him. He didn’t like people talking to him. He hated socializing and it wasn’t even surprising anymore. With his looks, he was admired by many but because he bullies everyone who tries to get closer to him, no one bothered him after first few times and Sehun was happy with his life style.

Though today certain someone was annoying the hell out of him. He has sends more than fifty glares at her but she was persistent in ruining his peace.

So can I get candy now?” Jiyeon asked hyperactively bouncing on the ball of her feet as if she was dancing ballet but she wasn’t, she was just being sugar crazed girl.

No, you can’t.” He said coldly yet again with another one of his famous glares.

Nodding her head, she pouted sadly. Her face falling in despair as she sat down on the chair in front of him making sure he notices how sad she was being. A minute passed. Two minutes passed. Sehun sighed he parted his lips to tell her it wasn’t going to work when she suddenly smiled. Placing her two hands under her chin she opened her shining eyes wide and blinked them. She squealed at him at him making him cringe though it was obvious how he was trying to not smile.

Okay here, now leave me.” He hastily put some on table.

Eyes blinking from happiness she squeaked happily. “Oh thank you- wait, what’s your name?”

Sehun who was internally giggling at her stopped and eyed her blankly. She has been taking candies from him and she doesn’t even know his name.

Sehun.” Sehun gulped when she yelled ‘Sehun awesome’.

And then without his knowledge he blurt out. “You’re so cute.” He felt his cheeks reddening but was thankful when she didn’t hear him. Gosh that would’ve been embarrassing.

 

On the rooftop Sehun was sleeping, his bag supporting his head like an uncomfortable pillow that he would never buy if he had to choose. He should seriously stop making late night parties that include him and unhealthy food and some hip hop music.

Where’s my candy?” A bright energized voice yelled and Sehun made himself ready for her loud voice. That candy girl was really something. Can anyone be this shameless? But for some reason he was enjoying her shameless attitude but only as long as she kept doing with him. For her sake, he was going around for the past few weeks with all these different candies and especially gummy bears. They were for himself, not for her. Sometime they would be falling from his pocket that he would find the need to go and give her some without her mentioning about it.

She came and sat on her knees excepting him to hand her some. Sehun groaned getting up from his unpleasant position and took some out and handed them to her.

Yay you got my favorite this time!” She exclaimed opening wrappers and stuffing them inside.

A weird thought cross Sehun’s mind. She eats so many sweets yet she was thin. Was it possible to eat few kilos of sugar and still not gain weight? Her teeth aren’t complaining for chewing these little monsters nonstop? Personally he wasn’t fan of them but he kept few around to change the taste in his tongue. That was all.

A sudden strong wind brushed them. Sehun closed his eyes because of the little dust particles. He blinked them few time to remove any small pricking thing and then he saw her strand flowing and rested messily on her back and some on her face and she didn’t bothered. She was busy lollipop prettily.

He reached his hand forward and tucked her silky strands to the back gently. She froze at his action with wide eyes.

He smiled at her boldly. “You’re so beautiful.” He breathed against her face until she breaks into large smile, strawberry smelled breath hit his face before she said. “Because I’m beautiful, can I get more candies now?”

Sehun immediately pushed her away frowning muttering an angry no.

 

(“But you said I’m beautiful!”

“No I didn’t say that.”

“Yes you did!”

“I didn’t.”)

 

Will I sleep in your bed?” Jiyeon asked chewing gum.

Yes.”

“Would your mother allow?” She asked again curiously.

Sehun sighed. “She wouldn’t know I’ll lock the door.”

Jiyeon hummed and Sehun really hoped she shut up.

But she’ll think we’re doing something dirty.” She said again looking at her feet as she kicked rocks in her way.

Sehun sighed heavily. “That’s out of her business.”

And with that once they reach the house, Sehun stopped. “I’ve to sneak you in.”

“Why?”

“So my parent doesn’t bother me. Now I’ll go to my room and open the window, you’ll come by using ladder. Okay?”

“Okay!” She yelled in excitement then held her hand out.

Instantly understand what she wants, he groaned fishing some candies out and handing it to her before taking the ladder from store room and placed it in front of his room window.

Now I’ll go and open the window and you come in.”

He said and ran inside the house.

 

In the night Sehun placed many cushions on the clean floor of his room.

I’ll sleep here. You sleep on bed.”

Jiyeon smiled. “Aww Sehun you’re such a good boyfriend.”

Sehun smirked smugly. Of course he was good boyfriend. No one was better than him if he want it that way. He just didn’t find it necessary to be nice with everyone. Jiyeon, the candy freak deserves his love for some reason- his heart said so.

Five minutes with lights off Jiyeon whispered from the bed. “I feel like eating candies Sehun. Give me some.”

Sehun sat up in the dark. “But you’ve already ate two full packets before coming to bed.”

Then his stomach growled. Jiyeon smirked naughtily at him. “Someone is hungry. And I know we can eat some candies~”

Sehun throw the blanket away as he shushed her. “I’ll cook ham and fries, you eat candy, deal?”

Jiyeon bounced her head up and down. Of course she would like that!

And they went on their night with hip hop music, unhealthy food and ridiculous amounts of sweet scatter around.

03Eur4q.pngmLj6TK8.png


AUTHOR NOTE

Thank you guys for everything. I couldn’t update because my grandma was in critical condition so my mom was almost all day out in hospital for the past week and it was really hard to take care of younger sibling- I almost felt like I’m their mother and I never know my siblings were spoiled brats! I know now and it’s bad, *sigh*
The idea once again belong to aiAlways. Seriously I wouldn’t know what to write if she didn’t help me

Anyway that’s my excuse so yeah I can only hope for you guys to like it. Thank you everyone :)