Dear Baek [ENDING]

Narcissist - Chanbaek

Dear Baek,
I love your hair.
I worry a lot about you when you're ill or upset but when I run my fingers through your hair it comforts me. It makes me happy.
-Chanyeol

 

"Chanyeol, I'm confused. Why are you telling me you love my hair with a note tied to a rose?" I giggled a bit as I looked up to find Chanyeol smiling wonderfully.

 

"You gotta keep reading." He urged. "You'll get the idea soon enough."

 

"Ok..."

 

The next rose on the red bunting pathway was quite awkwardly tied. The ribbon that held it against the bunting had frayed at the end and the bow was lobsided.

 

"You struggled with this one didn't you."

 

"Yeah..." Chanyeol looked down with a suppressed grin and red cheeks.

 

I untied it with a swift pull on the ribbon and Chanyeol sighed as his hard work unravelled. I gave him a side smile as I unfolded the next note.

 

Dear Baek,
I love your smile.
I love the way your eyes crinkle at the sides and how your lips make a cute rectangle. It makes me smile too.
-Chanyeol

 

My heart fluttered with happiness. I felt the same way a teenager would when their favourite pop star did something cute. I giggled to myself through a jaw aching grin. I felt like dancing and skipping around. Chanyeol put so much thought in his compliments; it made me feel so special. Like I was sincerely loved.

 

"Keep going." Chanyeol stepped closer and slipped his hand in mine intertwining our fingers. I blushed.

 

The bunting trailed away from the park bench where it had started and wrapped around a tree nearby.

 

I struggled to open the next note whilst holding Chanyeol's hand but refused to let go nevertheless. I now had four roses in hand which I passed to Chanyeol to hold.

 

Dear Baek,
I love the way you care.
It's so beautiful the way you can find the good in absolutely anybody. Even in me you found something to love and I really admire that. You care so much about everybodies feelings; it's lovely.
-Chanyeol

 

"Why did you do this?" I asked.

 

"I wanted you to know how much and why I love you."

 

"You're so sweet. You didn't have to do this." I shook my head despite the fact I was unable to wipe the proud smile from my lips.

 

"But it made you happy didn't it?"

 

"Yes."

 

"So, I did have to do it."

 

I hugged him burrying my face in his clothes and breathing in his scent. His arms around my back made my skin tingle with exhileration. After pulling away I noticed something I hadn't before.

 

"You're wearing our couple jumper." I pointed out. A white baggy hoodie with the words 'HAPPY WITH YOU' plastered on the front. Cheesy but sweet.

 

"You only just noticed." Chanyeol stated and I giggled guiltily before turning to look for the next rose.

 

Dear Baek,
I love it when you are excited.
You become so smiley and touchy and always seem to hug me. It's very cute. Plus, every time you run around like a toddler when your anticipating something fun. It makes me laugh.
-Chanyeol

 

"Hey! I don't do that."

 

"Yes, you do." Chanyeol punched my arm a little harder this time. Which is better than when he acted as if I was as weak as stained glass. It means we're are back to normal and he's not afraid that what he does or says might hurt me.

 

I continued after scoffing at his claim.

 

Dear Baek,
I love how flustered you get when you're complimented.
Everytime I tell you how beautiful your smile is or how handsome you look you always grin and blush and I get so happy seeing you like that.
-Chanyeol

 

The roses in Chanyeol's hand kept building up as we continued and so did my smile.

 

Dear Baek,
I love your face.
Your beautiful and delicate facial features make me so bubbly and happy inside. I could just stare into your perfect eyes for days.
-Chanyeol

 

I cover my smile and rosy cheeks with my jumper mitten paws. "You're so cute." I mumble into the sleeve of my red hoodie but Chanyeol didn't seem to hear.

 

Instead he was glancing from me to the next red rose and back again with a worried expression.

 

"Crap." He said through clenched teeth.

 

"What?" I asked before looking up at the rose and noticing it was way too far up the tree for me too reach.

 

"I forgot how small you were when I was tying the roses to the bunting." He ruffled the back of his hair; an action I noticed way back before debut. He does it when things are awkward or when he's nervous.

 

"It's ok. I can reach it." I lied in hopes he wouldn't feel too bad. "And I'm not small. You're just a giant."

 

First I tried jumping but the tree was too close and I couldn't risk slamming into it and grazing my face so I resorted to wrapping my arms and legs around the trunk and hoisting myself upwards. I fell. On my . Chanyeol found it halarious.

 

"Do you want a piggy back?" He asked through hysterical laughter.

 

"...Yeah." I bowed my head in embarrassment as I got up of the floor and dusted myself down.

 

After a few failed attempts I managed to cling onto Chanyeol's back. It was difficult to reach upwards yet stay steady but with a lot of effort I finally managed to reach the rose.

 

Dear Baek,
I put this rose too high up on purpose.
I love you.
-Chanyeol

 

"This is bullying." I jokingly hit his arm. Maybe a little to hard.

 

"Ow." He pouted and rubbed the area I punched as I rolled my eyes.


Chanyeol didn't let me down off his back and instead piggy backed me the rest of the way.

By the time I had reached the end of the bunting I was smiling more than I had smiled in my entire life. Every note held such thoughtful paragraphs that made my grin grow and the butterflies in my belly dance.

 

Chanyeol was now holding an entire bouquet of roses that swayed prettily with the wind. Eventually he lowered me off his back and to the ground and I let him walk me around the park with our hands intertwined.

 

The sun had began to fall behind the trees in the distance turning the sky a wonderful orange and pink that illuminated each cloud making it seem vibrant watercolour painting.

 

We strolled further into the park as darkness fell. Just before I could say "It's getting dark. Let's go home." We approached a turn in the path. Chanyeol smiled at me as we went round the corner.

 

I was greeted by the most wonderful and breathtaking sight. A cornucopia of glowing candles had been layed either side of the grass creating an ethereal pathway of flickering light. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped as I walked hand in hand with my boyfriend through the flame road.

 

"Chanyeol, it's so beautiful."

 

His eyes were filled with the reflection of every speck of light which danced to the rhythm of the wind.

 

We continued to walk. He led me to a picnic blanket on a patch of grass surrounded by more candles dotted in random places. The miniature flames build a safe circle around us.

 

After sitting down next to a basket of food Chanyeol patted the area next to him inviting me to sit down with him. I did so and he pulled an enormous Raspberry Swirl cheesecake from the basket and placed it between us. I giggled excitedly he passed me a fork and we both dug in.

 

Once the plate was empty we lay down. With my head on his stomach and his arm across my shoulder, our bodies in perfect harmony, we watched the stars form patterns in the sky as the sun sank under the horizon.

 

For a long time we didn't speak but Chanyeol's fingers through my hair and his hand holding mine against my chest said a thousand words of passion and care.

 

I felt so beautifully content in the presence of the person I loved.

 

I focused on a particularly bright star that stood out from the rest casting illuminous light against an onyx backdrop.

 

"I'm going to name that star Chanyeol." I spoke with a gentle voice towards the sky.

 

"Why?" Chanyeol's stomach lifted as he spoke. He continued to fiddle with my hair delicately.

 

"Because amongst all of this darkness you became my light. Just like a star against the night sky. You made me happy even though I thought I could never smile again."

 

He squeezed my hand tighter. "Then let's name the moon Baek."

 

I grinned. "Why?"

 

"Because you shine the brighter than any star. You light up everyones darkness and guide them when they're blind. You changed me for the better, Baek. You helped me see things right. I love you."

 

I felt my heart warm up as if a bonfire had been set inside it. Flickering flames tickled my insides passionately and crackling embers heated my entire body. All due to the fact that I was so, so in love with the most thoughtful, wonderful, caring boy I could ever wish to know.

 

Furthermore I was endlessly exhilarated by the fact that The Real Chanyeol was back. The Chanyeol that would nurse me when I'm sick, go out of his way to make me smile, my hair to comfort me, hold me tight when I cried. I missed The Real Chanyeol way too much when he was gone but now that he is back I am able to feel happy at a time that most would find it impossible.

 

In truth Chanyeol was more than a star. He was a passionate, burning forest in a deserted night sky lighting up every corner of the dark with an ethereal red glow.

 

"I love you too."

 

 

 

A/N: The End!!

 


I really hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.

 


This is my first ever fanfiction and I'm happy how it turned out.

 


Thank you to every one who liked, voted and commented, it's given me a lot of motivation.

 

-

 

For a while now I have been planning a nee fanfic called 'Love is deaf'

 

It's a Meanie AU and I would really love it if you read that too when I start publishing the chapter in the next few days.

 

 

Anyway, thanks for reading! Have a good day.

 

-Livvi