Forever and ever and ever

Narcissist - Chanbaek

Luhan answered the door after the fifth knock.

"Sorry if you were busy" I said rather awkwardly.

"Um... It's fine... We weren't doing anything." He stepped aside and I waddled into their room. It was filthy.

Various items of clothing littered the crumby floor, plates of empty or half finished food were resting on random counters or tucked under the bed, a pungent smell crept into my nose.

"Argh, what the hell!?" I scrunched up my face as I smelt the disgusting mixture of rotten food and dirty clothes.

Sehun giggled to himself from the top bunk, Luhan sighed in embarrassment from my reaction.

"Suho is actually going to murder you." I told them as I held my nose.

"Suho's room is probably just as bad." Sehun sniggered. "What do you want, Baekhyun?"

"Um... I have some things to get off my chest." In all honestly I had no plan of what I wanted to say but I needed someone to hear me out nevertheless.

"Go on." The younger boy sat up and looked at me with an interested expression (something I was not used to seeing as Sehun was often never interested in anything any of us had to say.)

"Well..." My stomach flipped with nerves. Luhan and Sehun didn't know about mine and Chanyeol's relationship and I still found it difficult to explain how I felt, on the other hand the disgusting sickness that was jealousy overpowered my nerves and I continued. "I am...dating Chanyeol and-"

"I knew it!" Sehun snapped his fingers with a mischievous grin.

I sighed. "And Kyungsoo is up to something and I can tell."

"Oh, drama," Sehun sang immaturely.

Ignoring Sehun's childish hyperactivity Luhan asked "What do you mean?"

Relieved that at least Luhan was concerned I cleared my head and explained.

"He caught us kissing." I blushed.  "Then he wanted to be Chanyeol's roommate even though they're not even that close. I'm sure he only did it because he knew I wanted to room with him.

"Plus when I visited their room and Chanyeol wasn't there Kyungsoo suddenly took an interest in our relationship. It's none of his business! And he touched his waist when they were cleaning up, not by accident." I could feel the heated anger rise within me as I ranted.

Once I had finished speaking the room filled with silence. Luhan's eyes were wide and he wore an 'are-you-serious?' expression. Dammit! Why did I think this was a good idea?

Sehun burst into fits of laughter, he squirmed and kicked the air with his lanky legs.

"Maybe you're being too... overprotective." Luhan tried to comfort me but it did quite the opposite. I could feel my ears go red and my cheeks burn.

 "I'm being serious!" I yelled over the mad laughter of Sehun.

"We know. I just think that you shouldn't be so jealous over friendly actions like that..." The pretty-eyed boy's voice trailed off as he watched my chest raise and fall in anger. Before I could slap the stupid giggles out of Sehun I forced myself out of the room.

I didn't need their help anyway.

Sleeping was difficult that night. I tossed and turned in a raw heat desperately trying to wriggle the intrusive thoughts from my head. Every position I took was a hopeless attempt at clearing my thoughts.

"You ok, Baekhyun?" Kai's tired voice called from the top bunk.

After a short pause I replied "Yeah, just a bad dream is all."

And in some ways, to me, it was a bad dream. Any risk of loosing Chanyeol was a nightmare, as cheesy as it was to think, I really couldn't bare the thought of him being taken away from me.

I writhed in confusion and heated anger under my cold blue covers once again until my body grew tired and a dark paralysis absorbed me. Sleep at last.

Soft blades of green and dew caressed my bare feet. Each step was soft like cotton clouds beneath uncertain strides. I felt numb in every limb- a gentle blankness that absorbed my body and mind. In the near distance a glowing, silver shimmer the perfect nature surroundings. I approached the beautiful light letting the warmth of the fantastic shine flutter against my soft skin, footsteps still silent and light. The amazing shimmer turned and through squinted eyes I saw a face; beautiful, gentle and adoring with the gaze of a lifelong lover and lips that asked to be touched. It enticed me, drew me in like an enchantress and as I carefully advanced my feet left the ground. I floated upwards towards the light and although I was drifting skywards my numb stomach felt a subtle feeling that could only be described as falling. Falling as in flailing, frantically plummeting, grasping at air whilst travelling downwards but also feeling exhilterated, bubbly and excited beyond comprehension- I was falling in love. I arrived behind the angelic figure meeting it's strangely familiar chocolate eyes that stared into mine. For an eternity it absorbed knowledge of my every feeling through my irises. I was an open book and the angel was reading my every word. Then it's eyes flickered to my cheek. It raised it's hand to my neck and held my skin cautiously trying not to crack my porcelain exterior. After brushing it's glowing soft lips against mine a sudden rush of heavenly wonder filled my faded body. The angel lifted it's hand from my neck and ran it's ethereal fingers through my dark hair unleashing a beautiful contrast of black and silver, it's fingers danced on my scalp and-

YANK

It pulled my hair! I winced in confused pain before it pulled again.

"Agh, what the-" I waved frantically knocking the angels hand away from my head.

"Baek, wake up!" It spoke in a soft yet loud, low voice.

"BAEKHYUN!"

I woke up to Chanyeol's bellowing voice stinging my ears. Once I jolted up in surprise our heads collided.

"Ow." I groaned and we both rubbed our foreheads sorely.

"What were you dreaming about? You had the weirdest expression." He chuckled still holding his head which was probably throbbing just as much as mine.

"Shutup. It's nothing. What time is it?" I avoided the question.

"7. We're late sleepy head."

"Crap!" I leapt out of bed pushing Chanyeol off the side in the process.

As I frantically hussled through the wardrobe I heard Chanyeol chuckle from his newfound position on the floor.

"Don't worry. Suho said that you can have a lie in. He wanted to make sure you were fully recovered from your sickness before you started practice again." He reassured me.

Slightly embarrassed I slowed down and took more time to dress correctly (rather than throwing on my shirt backwards in a rush.)

"Are you going to tell me what you were dreaming about now?" He asked as he watched me pack a bag.

I remembered the ethereal figure that lifted me off my feet and gave me a wonderful sensation of falling dangerously in love. I remembered it's gentle touches and it's soft lips that nurtured my skin delicately. I remembered it's familiar eyes...

"You."

Chanyeol smiled, his lips pursed and cheeks pink.

"And I expect you dreamt of me too, right? Or else you're a terrible boyfriend." I teased playfully.

"Oh, Baek," his cheeks still round and rosey and his eyes the shape of angled cresent moons he lifted himself off the floor and stepped towards me. "I think I'm living the dream."

His beautifully sincere words make my heart flutter whilst he carefully leant down and pecked my forehead. The way he brushed my hair away from my face so softly as if he was afraid to dent my body from any rough contact made my stomach tingle happily as if a tiny fairy were frolicking within me.

We both smiled at one another letting seconds drift by, lost in loving wonder.

Then I remembered Kyungsoo and I looked away- my happy grin turned subtly solemn.

"You ok, Baek?" Chanyeol bent his knees and curved his neck to look into my eyes. I suddenly became more interested in an empty spot of the floor than anything else and just stared.

"It's nothing"

"Are you sure?" He pushed "You can tell me anything."

"Um... Is there something... going on between you and Kyungsoo?" I decided to be upfront with him in fear that jealousy might overpower love if I didn't.

He stared at me; squinted eyes and furrowed brows. I struggled to read his expression. Anger? Disbelief? Confusion? ...Fear?

After a painful wait he answered, "You're kidding me right?" a hint of a smile I could hardly see gathered on his face.

Oh no. Is he angry?

"Baek, are you serious?" the smile grew.

Maybe not... angry.

He let out a throaty giggle.

"Aw, Baek. That's so cute. Me and Kyungsoo are just close friends. And I've told you before: I will always stick with you. No matter what!" He paused for a bit and his face lit up. "Forever and ever and ever and ever!"

I giggled as he quoted our past conversation. His body gently guided me into a hug. The same lanky arms that had always held me but this time they were more certain.

"Forever and ever and ever will be our always." I mumbled into his chest probably quoting a cheesy romance novel. I felt the surface I was resting my face on rise and fall as he chuckled.

"Ok, Baek."
...

Chanyeol held my hand inside his pocket on the way to the practice room. Head clustered with happy thoughts I hummed a sweet tune to him as we walked.

10 smiling members greeted us as we strolled into the dance hall two hours later than scheduled.

"Baekhyun! Are you feeling better?" Suho came to hug me.

"I am." I smiled over his shoulder as his fatherly arms took me in.

"Let's get practicing." Suho pulled away and clapped his hands drawing all attention to himself. "5 days until our debut stage!"

I tried to hide the nerves that sprung within me as I worriedly took my place on the dance floor.

"You got this, Baek." Chanyeol whispered beside me before the music errupted from the speaker.

"Let's go!" Lay shouted and we started the choreography.

None of us made a single mistake (if you don't count me 'accidently' stepping on Kyungsoo's foot) which made Suho grin excitedly.

The 4 days running up to our debut went smoothly too. Everything seemed perfect and polished, everything except the dreadful panic and fear in my stomach that just wouldn't leave...