Ying... and Oh Sehun

Last Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why isn’t he regaining consciousness yet? It’s almost two days now.”

Chanyeol heard king junmyeon’s voice above his head, and another familiar voice replied the king’s question. “The physician said it’s the effect of losing too much blood, you majesty. And he said General will come around soon.”

It was Sehun.

Chanyeol tried to open his eyes, but he felt his eyelids so heavy, and at once he knew the physician had given him drugs to get more rest.

This was not new to him.

He barely managed to open his eyes, and realized that he was lying on his stomach; his head turned to a side and laid on a flat soft pillow. The first thing he saw was the king’s gold embroidered maroon robe.

He tried to turn over, and an unbearable pain shot through his back, making him give up on moving.

“Chanyeol-ah! Are you awake?”

The king noticed his movements and crouched down to his level at once, and Sehun came running around the bed and knelt down beside the king. “Hyung! Can you hear me hyung?”

Chanyeol swallowed and nodded slowly, hard to speak since his mouth had gone all dry. “Your wounds are all treated, but you need rest for them to heal, and you’ve lost too much blood.” The king started giving him a report on his medical condition, and Sehun started examining Chanyeol’s wounds on his back which were well treated and bandaged.

“Where’s Seora?” Chanyeol asked back in reply. The king smiled at his brother-in-law, and nodded in reassurance. “She’s completely fine and was not harmed at all. You don’t have to worry about her now. She’s safe.” He said.

“Can’t I get up? It’s uncomfortable to stay like this.”

Sehun shook his head. “Your back is too damaged for you to lie on hyung, so you have to stay like that for at least a few hours more.”

Chanyeol nodded in silence. The first thing that came into his mind as he woke up was Seora. And the first person he hoped to see beside him was Seora. But she was not there, and on top of that, Sehun or the king was not even trying to quickly inform her that he had come around.

“I know what you are thinking Chanyeol.” The king dragged a stool and sat beside the bed. And despite the advise Sehun had given, Chanyeol placed his hands on the bed at his sides, and lifted himself up with great effort. He felt blood oozing out of his wounds as his back muscles flexed, but he didn’t care and sat on the bed, with the help of Sehun who quickly leapt forward and aided him in getting up. “Yaah Hyung!!!”

“You should understand her situation and not get disappointed Chanyeol.” The king started his explanation. “She’s not someone who’s used to the life of a warrior.”

“Is she... shocked by what happened to me?” Chanyeol asked the king. And the king shook his head. “She’s not just shocked, she’s traumatized by the incident and seeing you like that. Actually you arrived at the royal hospital looking like a dead corpse. Even your sister nearly passed out seeing you like that.” the king said. “After the royal physician took you in, the queen took Seora into her palace. She was absolutely shaken, trembling and not talking with anyone. And I visited her a while ago before I came to visit you now, and still, she’s sitting there in a corner, just doing nothing, refusing all food given to her, and even when I asked she wanted to come with me to see you, she shook her head. She’s just scared to see you hurt, and she think it’s all because of her.” he ended with a sigh.

“I’ll go to her.”

“Hyung you can’t-” before Sehun or the king could prevent him, Chanyeol got on to his feet and started dragging his feet towards the door of the room. Sehun quickly grabbed a sheet and draped it around the General’s shoulders covering his bare upper body, and held the limping man by his shoulders. “Let me take you there.” he muttered, and Chanyeol gave him a smile despite the pain which was killing him all the time. The king also heaved a sigh again and joined the two men as they exited the hospital and started walking towards the queen’s palace which was quite nearby.

 

 

“Your highness! His majesty is here with Lord Park!” the court lady in front of the queen’s palace announced aloud, and the queen came out running in a trice. As soon as she saw her brother, she ran to him in tears. “Are you alright Chanyeol-ah?” why did you walk all the way here! We were waiting to visit you as soon as you came around!” the queen said, holding her brother by the shoulders. Chanyeol shook his head with a smile, and looked at the palace entrance. “Is she in there? I want to see her.”

The queen let go of her hold on his shoulders and stepped back with a sigh. “I don’t know what to do with that child. She’s so frightened that she refuses even seeing you. Even if you go to her in that state, she’ll pass out in shock seeing all those bandages.” She said. Chanyeol brought up his hand to loosen Sehun’s hold around his shoulders, and Sehun let go of his hold at once. “I’ll go in.” He started slowly walking into the palace.

 

He entered, getting bows and surprised stares from all the maids and court ladies on his way, and he walked straight into the queen’s sleeping chamber. He looked around the empty room, and finally caught the sight of his wife, sitting on the queen’s silk mattress, place in a corner of the room, hugging a pillow and dozed off.

“Seora,”

She opened her eyes at once and looked up, showing that she was only half asleep. And as soon as she saw his face, his tall figure walking towards him, she froze in shock and stared at him with widened eyes.

He approached her, and smiled at her. “You married a soldier, thinking he will stay glowing like porcelain forever, and not getting hurt at all?” he asked in his soft deep voice. She just stared at him in silence, tears visibly welling up in her widened eyes.

He slowly knelt down right before her, and she watched as his face scrunched up and his eyebrows narrowed in pain every time his back muscles flexed. “Now stop being a baby Lady Shin Seora, it’s time you become a brave wife of a brave warrior.” He chuckled. “Gosh this girl...” he said, setting in front of her and sitting more comfortably. “Aren’t you even asking me if I’m alright?” he asked. “Oh right. You didn’t see how my wounds were treated.” He started taking off the sheet Sehun had draped around him, making the girl flinch in fear. He slowly took it off as moving his arms even hurt him more, and finally revealed his bare upper body, which was neatly bandaged after applying ointment.

Seora watched his in silence, and her eyes ran over the bandages which ran around his back and his stomach, and over his right shoulder in order to not to fall off as he moved. And slowly, her hand lifted up, and her finger tips touched the white garment that ran across his chest. “It hurts like hell.” Chanyeol added with a smile. “But don’t worry, this is not the first time I was shot with a several arrows.”

And the tears that had welled up in her eyes finally gave up and started falling, streaming down her face. She started crying her heart out, and Chanyeol chuckled again and took hold of her hand. “Here, come to me.” He said. She shook her head amidst her sobs. “Come here, I’m alright now.” He pulled her closer, and placed her arms around himself. “This is what I need in order to heal, not some bitter tonics and burning ointments.” He said, and hugged her closer. Seora continued to cry, but her fingers finally found the courage to lightly trace along his bandaged upper back.

“Being a soldier means, you have to be prepared to fight and even get hurt at any moment. And being married to a soldier, you have to be even more stronger and courageous, so that you can take care of your husband and encourage him. Being frightened and crying in a corner like a baby won’t solve any problem Seora.” He soothingly said, holding her in his embrace. “Aren’t you gonna be strong and take care of me now? Then how am I supposed to get well soon and get back to my duties?” he added as he her head slowly.

“Just don’t get hurt...” she mumbled finally, awakening her voice, heavy with crying. “Just don’t get hurt, I can’t bear to see it.” She hugged him around the waist, and pressed her lips on his bare shoulder. “Alright alright... I won’t get hurt like this ever again.” Chanyeol uttered, giving up his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter