Different In His Eyes

Last Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minseok sighed seeing the young man at his door.

“Come in Chanyeol.”

He led the way to his study, gesturing the General to follow him. Chanyeol followed him, looking around the house to catch a glimpse of a certain someone.

“She’s not home.” Minseok said, entering his study and sitting at his table. “She went out with her sister. Take a seat.”

Chanyeol pursed his lips and sat in front of the royal adviser. “Lord Kim...”

“Forget the Lordships and call me hyung like you used to.” Minseok said with a smile. The younger male nodded with a small smile. “Hyung... Minseok hyung,” he looked up at Minseok. “What is it?” Minseok asked kindly, feeling sorry for his youngster.

“Life is so hard for me hyung.”

“Yah...” Minseok leaned forward, pressing his elbows on the table. “A small argument between a married couple is not the end of the world!” he chuckled. “She’ll be fine in a day or two, and will return to your place. Or just convince her when she comes home today.” He stated casually.

Chanyeol shook his head. “This is not an ordinary argument hyung.” he sighed. “I’m treating her in a seriously wrong way. Even I can’t understand why I’m being such a jerk... and I hate myself for being like this... And it really hurts to think I’m hurting her like this when she has a heart of gold.” He bit his lip in anger. And Minseok watched him for a while in silence, and a sigh escaped his lips.

“Let me ask this directly Chanyeol.” He started. “Do you have any feelings for Seora?” he asked. Chanyeol shook his head. “I don’t know hyung.”

It was Minseok’s turn to sigh again. “’Were you at all intimate with her?” he asked.

Chanyeol bit his lip again. “Kissed her once because I was drunk, and that’s all.” He muttered.

“So now what do you want?” Minseok asked again.

“Wanna make up for hurting her. And... wanna take her home if she complies to it.”

“Will things get better after that?”

Chanyeol looked at Minseok. “I... I want to make things better hyung. At least as an apology for treating her bad.”

Minseok almost glared at him.

“Listen Chanyeol, I’ll send her to you because you’re her husband. And because you have the right to take her home. But remember one thing.” He leaned closer, his voice lowering into a threatening tone.

“Don’t you dare touch her if it’s not your love for her. Don’t even lay a finger on her until you are not accepting her as the love of your life. She’s like my own sister. I don’t want to see her cry again like she cried last night.”

Chanyeol turned his head down in guilt, and remained silent. “Tomorrow is her birthday.” Minseok uttered. “She’s still like a child in some ways, so try to win her over by making her happy.” Chanyeol looked back at him, and a small smile crept onto his lips.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“You know he has his problems and difficulties Seora, so can’t you just forgive him this once and return home?” Bora asked, looking at the back of her sister, who was still lying half hidden in her blankets, not turning to face her sister who was sitting on the floor by her, or at her brother-in-law who was standing at the doorway of the room.

“For how long are you planning to stay here?” this time it was Minseok. Seora didn’t turn even to look at him, so her continued. “He didn’t look so good when he was here yesterday. I’m sure he regrets for what he did and said.”

This time Seora stirred a bit, and slowly turned her head to look at him. “He didn’t look good? What do you mean oppa? Did he look unwell?” she asked, trying her best not to sound too eager. Minseok shook his head. “Not that much unwell, but looked gaunt and tired. Heard he stayed in his office for three days straight.” He explained.

Seora stayed looking at the Royal adviser for a while. Then her face straightened again, and wearing a scowl, she snapped back and turned away from them. “Whatever. I don’t care. I mean, I must not care.” She mumbled, and shut her eyes.

Bora sighed and stood up. “Then sleep all you want. We can’t force you.” she walked to her husband, and the couple left the room in silence, closing the door behind them.

 

Seora was drifting into a slumber again, when the door to her room slid open and the tall figure entered the room. He walked to her, and sat on the floor. He was told by Minseok that she was awake, so he thought of speaking right away.

He cleared slightly aloud, and the half asleep girl turned around on her blankets.

It was not that alluring or seducing. She was just cute. Nothing like the way gisaengs looked in the morning as Baekhyun described often. Her eyes looked swollen and puffy underneath, her lips the lightest pink with no artificially applied colours on them, her pitch black hair spread over the pillow, and her small figure bundled up in the thick blankets but one small foot sticking out from underneath it. She heaved a deep breath and curled up even more, hugging the blanket closer.

She was just cute, and nothing else.

But it made him feel weird.

He was not foreign to love or romance, those were feelings he knew very well, but had buried inside of him long ago. And even the tiniest tingle he felt at heart, he knew where he was heading.

Still he was not sure. It was not like with Hyeyeong.

 

Seora opened her eyes, and it didn’t even take her half of a second to realize that he was sitting in front of her. She sat up at the speed of lightening, and checked herself to see whether her nightdress was in right place, and tried to press down her messy hair.

Chanyeol pursed his lips before starting with his words. She didn’t look at him, and stayed still, staring at the floor between them.

“Happy... birthday.”

He muttered in his deep voice.

Seora’s eyes widened, remembering it was really her birthday, but she wasn’t surprised why she forgot it this year.

And she remained silent.

“Would you like me...” he started again, eyeing her carefully. “...to buy you a gift?” he asked. “What would you like?”

She still didn’t answer.

 

“I’m...” he clenched his jaws, trying to find the right words. “I’m looking for a way to apologize... I know I hurt you for no reason. I’m sorry, I mean, I’m extremely sorry for those rude things I said,” he looked at her earnestly. “I’m just... So sorry.”

Seora looked at him straight for the first time that day. And Minseok was right, he looked exhausted. She felt her heart tugging, but she was not ready to give in. “Fine... now please leave Lord Park, I have to get up and change.” She said curtly.

Chanyeol bit his lip. “What I mean is,” she saw that he was struggling to put in his thoughts, and she waited patiently. “Maybe, celebrate your birthday at our place-” he looked at her expectantly, but she just sighed.

“I’ll stay here today.” She mumbled her reply.

Chanyeol sighed once again, and stood up. “I’m not very good with words. i don’t know how to speak heart touchingly. So I’m sorry again, for not being able to even apologize properly.” He said. “But if you come home, I promise I’ll be good to you, unlike before.” He added apologetically.

Seora crumpled the blanket and bit her lip, fighting with herself to find the best answer.

“I’ll come back.” She finally said looking up at the guy towering in front of him. His eyes visible brightened, and his lips turned up in the slightest curve. “But not today. I’ll stay here for a while and come back. I don’t feel like going back today.” She added.

Chanyeol stood aimlessly staring at her for a while, and nodded. “Fine, alright, I can’t force you.” he turned and walked back to the door. He stopped before exiting, and turned back. “What would you like as your birthday gift?” he asked, rather awkwardly.

Seora shook her head. “Don’t bring me any gifts. I don’t want.” She said at once, and curtly. Chanyeol slowly nodded, and walked out.

She watched the door close and flopped back on her mattress, and buried her face in the pillow in anger with herself.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“So your sister-in-law said you can have dinner with her tonight?” Baekhyun questioned his friend, who was polishing his sword in silence. “Like... a romantic birthday dinner?” he asked eagerly, for the nth time.

“I don’t think it’ll work.” Chanyeol grumpily replied. “Minseok hyung said she’s all child-like and will give in if I give her a gift or something. But seeing how she reacted this morning, I don’t think it’s possible.”

“A gift?” Baekhyun exclaimed, and looked from Chanyeol to Sehun. The youngest looked up from his own sword, and raised an eyebrow at his hyung. “What?”

“Chanyeol-ah, leave everything to us. Sehunnie and I will arrange things for you, and you just do as we say tonight.” He jumped to his feet, and brushed his dusty clothes. “Sehun, c’mon let’s go. You have the hardest work.” He led the way after winking at the youngest, and he too sighed and got up, to put back his half-polished sword inside its case and follow Baekhyun in silence. Chanyeol watched them leaving his office. He was puzzled, but was quite glad a grateful about the fact that his friends were there to help him with the qualities he lacked.

 

 

“Food will be ready as Lady Bora said, so now we only have to go chose the gift.” Baekhyun said, as he stepped out from the Kim’s mansion after discussing the dinner plans with Bora. “Just like she said, it’s better to let the two have sometime on their own, to settle things down. They definitely have to be alone. And she will arrange that.” he said, satisfied with their plans so far.

“She must be really upset, otherwise such a lively girl won’t stay inside her room all day like that.” Sehun said, as the two of them started walking down the street. “Serves Chanyeol hyung right, for being such a rude jerk. So hyung, what are you planning on buying?” he asked Baekhyun.

Baekhyun hummed thoughtfully. “Jewellery are too mainstream. And according to my hidden intentions... a dress will be the best.” He looked up at Sehun and grinned.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter