A Guardian & A Guard

Last Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seora gulped took a step forward. “Shall I announce your arrival my lady?” the queen’s chief court lady asked her. Seora nodded nervously, and the court lady bowed and turned to the closed door. “Your highness, Lady Shin is here.”

“Let her in.”

The queen’s voice came from inside and two court ladies at once opened the door for Seora to enter. She took a deep breath and walked in.

“Welcome, Lady Shin.” The queen greeted her cheerfully. Seora bowed ninety degrees and walked closer to where the queen was sitting. “Take a seat.” The queen gestured, and Seora sat before her. “I’m more than happy to hear that you agreed this marriage Lady Shin. And I’m really grateful.” The queen began. “Just call me Seora, your highness, and I’m the one who’s grateful for receiving such an honour.” Seora said politely. The queen smiled at her, but her expression soon turned into a solemn one. “Well Seora, I must warn you before hand, that getting closer to my brother won’t be easy.” She added, “He’s one stubborn guy, and can get really furious when things won’t happen his way.”

“I already know your highness.” Seora replied. The queen looked surprised. “You do? But...how?”

“Lord Park’s two friends met me yesterday. And they explained me his situation well. I kind of understand him now.” Seora answered. “I am positive, that I can change him, even if it takes some time.”

The queen nodded, satisfied with her decision to propose this girl to her brother. Deep inside, she knew that the girl was going to have a hard time once she’s married to Chanyeol, because she very well knew how stubborn and rude he can get. She knew that Seora will be facing more hardships than she could ever imagine, and she felt bad for Seora, but still, her love for her brother was higher than that. What she wanted was to get her brother out of the lonely dark life he was living, and to make him smile and live happily with someone he loved. She was determined to make that change, so she decided to give Seora a chance to make that change, and promised herself to help Seora with all her might.

“Your highness, His Majesty is here!”

The queen got onto her feet as soon as she heard the announcement, and the doors opened to reveal the king at the entrance. Seora also was already standing, and bowed deep when the king walked in.

“Is this our new to-be-sister-in-law?” the king walked towards them and asked. Seora looked up to meet the divine face of the king, porcelain white in complexion, and adorned with and angelic smile.

Is it just him, or does that glow run in the royal family?

She put aside her thoughts and bowed to the king. “Indeed, your majesty, this is Seora. I mean, Lady Shin.” The queen introduced her with a wide smile. The king chuckled. “If my queen calls you by your first name, so should I.” He took a seat and the queen sat beside him, ad then only Seora bowed again and sat I front of the royal couple.

“So, Seora, do you agree with this proposal whole heartedly? Not because your sister or brother-in-law forced you to?” he asked straight away. “No your majesty, it was completely my decision.” Seora answered. The king was impressed by her straight forward manner, and went on. “Actually, I never agreed with the idea of making our Chanyeol marry someone his sister chose. I wanted him to remarry only when he finds someone he really loves. That’s because I know him really well. He was my best friend since childhood.” The king stopped talking and flashed an amused smile at his queen, who was already looking sulky. He placed a hand on her hand, and looked back at Seora. “But this time, I think her decision is right. I also think that you can be the one who will heal is heart and bring back the old Chanyeol.”

Seora nodded vigorously. “I will your majesty. I will be a good wife to Lord Park, and will make him happy.” She said with a childish grin. The king chuckled and nodded.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“Her highness said he would be here...” Seora mumbled as she made her way towards the royal stable, with Haeseol at her heels. Haeseol caught her mistress’s dress, and dragged back. “What is it Haeseol?” Seora turned back and asked. Haeseol made a pleading face at her, and shook her head violently.

“Ah right. I’m sorry I forgot that you’re afraid of horses.” Seora beamed. “It’s alright. You can stay here. I’ll be back soon.” She patted on the maid’s hand and said. Haeseol smiled sheepishly and let go of her hand.

 

Seora didn’t mind the chaos she heard when she was close to the stables, and made her way straight across the wide path to the building. Although it was not that chaotic at minseok’s stable, she thought it was natural since the royal stables had a lot more horses in them.

She was a several yards away from the entrance, when the person she was expecting to see made his way into her sight. He had been somewhere outside behind the building, and came around the side of it craning his neck to look into the stable.

“What’s going on there Shindong?” he asked out aloud, in his deep voice. Just then, he saw the girl standing a few yards away from him, staring at him with widened eyes, gripping the skirts of her hanbok, and rooted to the spot.

He went still as well. That face made his heart burn, it brought him too much emotions at once, but the anger caused by her sister’s proposal took over all those emotions. She was sent here to intrude his life, and he hated it.

He clenched both his jaws and fists, and took a step to walk away from her, and all of a sudden, the doors of the stables flung open.

A huge black horse galloped out, soon followed by dozens of other horses as well. Something must have gone wrong inside, that all the horses had gone wild.

It didn’t take even a millisecond for Cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter