While You Were Sleeping

Last Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Search more thoroughly! Master is sure that it was in there.”

Sehun heard the command of the chief maid of his house hold, as soon as he set foot at his mansion that night. She was standing by the entrance to his dad’s wine store and commanding the servants inside it to search for something, and his mom was waiting outside patiently until they found out what they were looking for.

He made his way to his mom.

“What are they looking for omma?”

His mom turned to look up at him and smiled. “Ah, that, Sehun, it’s a wine your dad has been using for sometime recently, it has gone out of stock I think. We’ll have to repurchase some.” She sighed, craning her neck into the store room.

“What kind of wine?” he asked back with widened eyes.

“It’s that wine with a formula that helps you a bit more in falling asleep.” His mom explained. “It’s quite good for your dad’s insomnia; he falls asleep like a log when he has some of it.” She said. Sehun nodded slowly, and turned to walk into the mansion. “Omma I’m quite tired today, see you in the morning. Good night.” He patted her shoulder before walking away. And just before he took off his boots to enter the house, the wine-keeper, aka the caretaker of the wine storage peeked out from a corner of the side veranda. Sehun eyed him, and raised a questioning eyebrow since he was standing there, fiddling with his fingers and scratching the back of his head uneasily. He saw his young master watching him, and finally made his way slowly up to Sehun. “Master, I deserve to die... I made a huge mistake.” He muttered once he approached Sehun, his head hung low and eyes casted downwards. “Th-the wine I gave master earlier...”

Sehun listened to him patiently, but they were disturbed by the voice of the maid talking to Sehun’s mother again. “It’s not there to be found my lady. I’ll send someone to purchase it this instant.”

Sehun glanced at the store once, and turned back to the caretaker without much thinking.

But suddenly he realized the situation.

“Don’t tell me,” he tilted his head slightly and stared at the caretaker. “Did you mix up that wine with the one my dad used to take for insomnia?” he asked, hardly believing what had just happened.

The caretaker bowed down over ninety degrees at once, and started begging for forgiven. “I deserve to die, master! I made a huge mistake!” sincere or not, he sounded as if he was at the verge of crying.

A scoff left Sehun’s lips, and he brought up his hand to rub his temples. “Clearly, Baek hyung and I are having so much luck with our schemes.” He muttered to himself, making the servant to stop his begging and gap at his young master. Sehun suddenly remembered his presence there, and held up his hand while shaking his head. “Nah, never mind, mistakes can happen. Never mind.” He carelessly said, and took off his boot and stepped into the house. “At least they’ll have a good night’s sleep.” he muttered to himself while walking towards his room.

 

 

 

Sehun entered his room, still laughing to himself in silence, thinking about how stupidly Baekhyun’s secret plan got messed. He undid the belt and loosened the tie of his robe while sliding his room’s door open.

He almost jumped in surprise when he saw a girl’s figure in his room.

 

Yingyun had decided to enter Sehun’s room and go through his belongings, in order to find something related to the Last Hunter’s missions, and plans against her uncle. She heard Sehun’s mother saying he’ll be a little late that day, and she secretly got into the room and started rummaging his stuff, and didn’t realize she had been in there for so long.

She heard sliding of the door, and for an instant, she was scared out of her mind, but quickly made up her expression to give the excuse she had prepared for this kind of situation.

 

Sehun’s eyes widened at the sight of a girl in his room, and meanwhile the girl almost jumped out of her skin in shock. She even dropped the duster in her hand.

“What are you doing in here?”

Sehun walked to her and stood towering in front of her, raising a questioning eyebrow at her.

“I-” she stuttered, her face turning paler if that was even possible, and looked down at her feet, where she had dropped the duster. “I...”

He averted his eyes away from her face to her feet, and bent down to pick up the duster. “I th-thought... th-that I could clean y-your room...” she stuttered, sounding utterly scared and guilty. “I’m sorry... My lord...”

“Do you like that dress?” he asked. Her eyes widened questioningly, and she looked up at him. “I sent it so you can throw away that dirty torn dress and wear it. So wear that okay?” he asked her, his voice sounding not even the slightest annoyed. “Finish what you were doing then, I’m gonna take a bath.” He placed the duster on her hands, and walked into his walk-in-closet.

Ying watched him enter the small room and sighed in relief. The young captain was not arrogant and cold as the reports her uncle got from background searching about him, and was more easier for her to handle. Now just clean the room and leave. She commanded to herself, and sat on the floor to dust of the lower drawers of the cupboard she had been fake-cleaning.

 

Sehun walked back into his room after a bath, and saw Ying sitting on the floor, turning pages of a poetry book taken from his bookshelf.

“Can you read?” he asked, making the girl jump in surprise once again.

She quickly stood up from her spot, and timidly shook her head. “Chinese, I can read and write... but Hangeul, I don’t know.” She mumbled.

He nodded in silence, and walked up to her. She took a step back, as he came closer and took the book from her hands.

At once she felt the fresh scent emitting from the guy who came straight out of his bath. He started flipping the pages of the book, and she stared at the wet black curls that fell on his forehead, and his face which was still pale after the bath.

“I can teach you if you want.”

She snapped back to her senses, and tore away her gaze from his curly hair back to his eyes. “Only, if you are willing to learn.” He added.

Ying’s mind worked quickly. This is a god chance to get closer to him, and it’ll help me get more information. She stayed silence for a while, and timidly nodded her head at the end. “Alright then.” Sehun took the book back to its shelf, and started searching for some other book. “If you’re done cleaning...” he grabbed out a thinner book, having Chinese characters on the cover, and turned back to face her. “Try reading this. I wanna know how much you have learnt.” He held out the book to her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter