Disturbed

Last Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol watched the little boy getting excited when he took him to the pond in the garden. The little one ran around the bank of the pond, happily giggling and pointing at the fish in the water.

“You like fish that much Nuri?” Chanyeol asked, and the boy came to a stop and looked at him with a grin. “I love them uncle! I told abhuji to build a pond for me but he said it’s too dangerous. He said I might fall in.” His eyes turned down sadly.

Chanyeol smile at his reaction. “Well your abhuji is right. But you can always come here to see fish if you like them that much.” He said with a shrug. The little one gaped at his uncle and ran around the pond to reach him at once. “Can I come? Anytime?” he asked delighted.

Chanyeol crouched down to reach Nuri’s eye-level. “Of course you can.” He the little one’s head with a smile. “Uncle! Will you read me a story? I saw a room full of story books in your house!” Nuri suddenly said with widened eyes. Chanyeol chuckled and shook his head. “They’re not story books Nuri. They’re uncle’s books, which means you won’t understand what’s in them.” He said, and thought for a while. “But still, I can tell you a story, I know lots of them!” he said, making the boy spring up and down on his tiny feet.

“Do you? Really? Then will you tell me a story about wars? And how you defeated your enemies?” he asked, still jumping impatiently.

His uncle nodded with a chuckle. “I definitely will Nuri. But first, I’ve got to take a bath. Uncle came home late last night, and was too tired and fell asleep straight away. So I must take a bath now or I’ll look dirty in front of my guests.” He stood up and ruffled the little one’s hair. “You can wait for me can’t you?”

Nuri nodded with a smile. “I’ll look around the house until you come!” he replied.

 

 

 

“Lord Chanyeol’s child will be around that age if he or she was born my lady.”

Seora jumped and turned around to see Yuha standing behind her. She had been watching Nuri and Chanyeol in the garden from a window in the mansion, and didn’t see the maid until she came closer.

“It happened five years ago, so if the child was born, he or she will be like that little master.” She said again with a sigh.

“Is that why he loves Nuri so much?” Seora asked Yuha, turning back to watch the uncle and nephew walking away, hand-in-hand.

“That must be the reason my lady.” The maid answered. “Lord Chanyeol was such a cute and adorable child himself, and his father loved and cherished him so much until he died. And when the late Lady Hyeyeong was expecting the child, he always said that he wanted to love his child like his father did. But he never got to.” She stopped talking to wipe away a tear rolling down her cheek. Seora watched her in silence.

“Our Lord looks such a rough and tough character from the outside. But he has the most soft and vulnerable heart.” The maid went on. “He appears to be alright living alone, but every time he hears the name ‘Last Hunter’ said by someone, I see his eyes flicker. It reminds him again and again that he’s alone and doesn’t have any family, so just imagine my lady, how it hurts him.” she said.

Seora nodded acknowledgingly. “I’m sure, that one day he will definitely open up to you.” Yuha added with a smile. Once he does, you will find the most loving man in the world my lady.” She said. Seora smiled at her, and bit her lip. “I hope that day arrives soon Yuha.” She muttered.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Yuha was walking from the kitchen to the bathroom with a towel and a set of robes, when Bora suddenly approached her from nowhere. “Where are you taking them Yuha?” she asked looking at the clothes in the maid’s hands.

“Lord Chanyeol asked me to prepare a bath my lady. These are his.” She answered.

A slight smirk curved up Bora’s lips, and she placed her hand on the stack of clothes. “Yuha,” she looked at the maid. “Just take the towel.” She ordered. The maid raises her eyebrows. “But my lady-”

“We’ll ask Seora to take the rest.” Bora revealed her plan. “You understand my motive don’t you?” she asked the maid and a smile appeared on her face as well.

“Very well my lady.” She grinned and bowed to Bora, and quickly made her way to her duty.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Chanyeol had a warm refreshing bath in the bath tub prepared for him as usual, and stepped out to get dressed. But he could only find a towel, where his clothes were usually kept by the servants.

“Did Yuha forget my clothes?” he muttered to himself, and wore the white towel around his waist, debating in his mind whether to call out for his clothes or quickly go to his room. He was not the person to appear robe-less in front of his servants, even in his own mansion. So he thought of calling in a male servant.

 

 

“Seora, keep this in the bathroom dear.” Bora shoved a set of robes in her sister’s hands. Seora looked at her with widened eyes. “Chanyeol went out, and had said that he’ll be having a bath once he returned. So before he returns, quickly keep them inside and come.” Bora instructed. “Oh, before he comes. Sure unnie.” Seora nodded and quickly made her way to the bathroom. And once she arrived there, she pushed open the door without thinking twice.

 

A fresh scent entered her nose, and she stepped in. And the unexpected sight which caught her eyes, made her gasp.

He was standing with his back turned to the door, still wet from head to toe, and clad in only a towel. Her gasp made him whirl around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter