Kim Jongin

Last Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol woke up the next morning, with a throbbing headache. He sat up and looked around to realize that he had been sleeping on the cold wooden floor last night.

“What the hell did that punk give me to drink?” muttering to himself, he slowly got onto his feet and tied his loosened robe around his waist. His hand travelled up to massage his temple, unable to handle the unbearable headache.

 

And last night’s incidents came flooding into his mind.

 

“What the-” he slide opened the door and stormed out into the corridor, and bumped into Yuha, who was walking past the room. “Good morning my lord.” She stopped and bowed down.

“Um...Yuha, where’s-”

“Lady Seora told me that she’s not feeling like stepping out of her room today.” The elderly maid said in a stern voice. And she raised an eyebrow at Chanyeol. “Look at you my lord, do you have any idea about what a mess you look like right now?” she asked straight away.

Chanyeol didn’t reply. Even though Yuha was a maid, she was like a mother to Chanyeol, whom took care of him ever since his mother passed away. He respected her that much, and didn’t mind getting nagged by her because he knew that it was her love for him. He remained silence, staring at his feet, and she went on.

“I know you are not that comfortable with this marriage my lord. But you can’t treat a woman like this.” she said. “I don’t know what happened between you and lady Seora last night, but I’m certain that she’s very much hurt right now.” She sighed in disappointment, and walked away, not waiting for his excuses.

Chanyeol sighed and rubbed his temple again, and looked over at Seora’s room at the end of the passage, which had its door closed.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Haesol was putting the washed clothes on the cloth line to dry, at the back yard of the mansion. After putting on the last dress on the cloth line, she lifted the empty basin and turned to leave the place. But a figure clad in black caught her eye, and she slowly put the basin on the ground and walked through the cloth lines to take a better look.

The mansion’s chief security guard, dressed in his usual all-black guard uniform, walked a few meters ahead alone, and exited the yard in a small gate situated at a far corner in the huge back yard. Being curious just like her mistress, and also because she wanted to find more about Jongin, Haeseol quickly followed him, and went to the gate and opened it careful to not make any noise.

There was a small path leading to a mountain side that started from the gate, and Haesol saw Jongin walking some distance away, towards the hill side. Looking around the beautiful view of the open area and the small mountains in front of her eyes, which had small bushes here and there, instead of bigger trees, she waited for Jongin to get considerably distant from her. Then she started following him, keeping her distance, so he won’t hear her and turn around to see her.

The small hill was not very high, and the path was not quite long, so Jongin came to the top in no time, and he started climbing down from the other side, and Haesol followed him as well.

The other side of the mountain was almost the same as the previous side, but if was a bit steeper, and the path was lengthier. She could see a small temple at the end of the path, which was covered with a garden that looked like a mini forest. The trees where covered in cherry blossoms, giving a breath taking view when looked down from the hill.

Jongin walked leisurely, and entered the temple grounds. And Haesol followed him, taking advantage of the trees and getting closer to him.

Once he stepped out of the mini forest, he walked into the sandy yard of the temple, and a monk dressed in a grey robe walked out from a temple building.

“Long time no see Jongin-ah.” The monk greeted him with a smile, and Jongin went to him and bowed down, bringing his hands together in front of his chest.

“What brings you here all of a sudden?” the monk asked.

“It’s not all of a sudden, I just didn’t get a free time to visit you, so I thought I must come today.” He smiled at the monk. “And I brought someone with me to show around. She’s new to the mansion.” He casually said, and turned toward the cherry blossom trees, where Haesol was frozen behind. “No need to be shy, come out now.” He said with a casual smirk.

Knowing that he had been aware of her presence all the time, Haesol bit her lip in embarrassment. And because she had no other choice, she slowly stepped out of her hiding place.

“Who is this?” the monk asked in amusement. “She’s a new maid in our residence. I thought I must show her around.” Jongin answered. Haesol bowed to the monk, red with embarrassment.

“Take your time then.” The monk nodded and walked away, leaving the two to themselves.

Jongin turned and walked towards Haesol, and peeked down into her face. “Are we spying on the mansion’s guards?” he asked with a smirk. Haesol looked up with widened eyes, and violently shook her head. “Aniyo!!! I was just...” she struggled to find an excuse. But she couldn’t think of any, so she sighed and gave in. “sorry sir.” She mumbled.

Jongin smiled. “No need to be sorry. It’s not a crime to feel curiosity.” He lifted his head and looked around the place. “Since you came all the way, shall I show you something?” he turned back to face her and asked. Haesol blinked. “Let’s go. Come on,” he walked ahead of her, and started making his way towards the back yard of the temple buildings. Haesol watched him for a while. Standing still, and then quickly ran after him to keep up.

 

 

“This...” Jongin spoke up, once he walked to the fence that was edging the temple premises. “Is what I wanted to show you.” he smiled at the girl, and looked over the fence.

Haesol reached him with widened eyes. and she too looked around, completely amazed by the view.

“It’s magnificent...” she breathed. “Totally stunning, this view.” She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter