Hunting

Last Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you came straight to this chap, check out the previous one because this is a double update!

 

“Seriously General Park! I told you more than a dozen times to stay at home! You’re sick aren’t you? I don’t want my men to over work just because of some unimportant fun events!”

“It’s not just a fun event your majesty, the king of this country is going on hunting. And how can the hunter’s brigade stay away from it?”

Chanyeol smiled at the king who was trying his best to leave the castle without the Last Hunter. “But the hunter’s brigade is not for hunting down wild boars or stags.” King Junmyeon shrugged. “I have the royal guards, so you don’t have to worry about it General Park.”

Chanyeol shook his head. “Your majesty, please try to understand what I’m saying. The amount of Mongolian spies that were found around the country has outnumbered last year! They’re definitely up to something and our priority is to keep your majesty and her highness safe from any danger from them!” he sighed, and got back to his feet. “Forgive me your majesty. But we’re definitely joining this hunting trip, so please don’t try to stop us.” He bowed curtly, and left the king’s office with a stubborn face.

The king chuckled to himself. “This is why I need you by my side always, Chanyeol.” He muttered to himself.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

The next day, the hunting trip of the king which occurred only once or twice in the year, was ready to begin form the palace. The hunter’s brigade marched into the king’s residencies in the palace, to accompany him for the departure. The king joined them and made his way to the team of people whom were ready to leave the palace. They included the royal guards, some of the kitchen staff and medical staff, and the Queen’s court ladies and guards as well. The queen walked towards the king, followed by another familiar face, and both of them bowed to the king. “Greetings your majesty.” She said with a wide beaming face. The king looked amused to see the person behind her, and grinned back. “Glad to see you too here, Lady Shin.”

Seora bowed again and smiled back at the king. That was when Chanyeol stepped forward, after staying gaping at her the whole time. “What are you doing here?” he asked her at once.

“I asked her to join us." 

This time it was the queen who replied. “I know she’s bored at home alone, so I thought it’d be better if she joins us. Plus her sister is coming as well!” she turned to look at the far entrance to the palace, where a small team had entered a few seconds ago, and were making their way towards them. On a horse in the front of the group was the royal advisor Minseok, and Chanyeol assumed that Minseok’s wife, his sister-in-law Bora was inside the palanquin which followed him. They arrived with a small group of Minseok’s private soldiers and a few maids.

The royal advisor and his wife quickly made their way to the king and the queen, and bowed with greetings, and after a few minutes of random talking, and Chanyeol stealing glances at his wife who was standing in between the queen and her sister meekly, the king declared their departure. And the possession led by the king, closely followed by the general and the royal advisor, and the royal carriage which carried the three noble ladies, departed for the hunting tour.

 

 

It took them a several hours to arrive at the planned hunting area which was previously selected by the king and Chanyeol’s brigade. Once the tent was arranged for resting and for the ladies to stay at, the king entered the jungle with his disciples and all the soldiers. Inside the woods, they spread into several teams, where Chanyeol was with the king because he had to confirm the monarch’s security himself, and Minseok took another way with his private soldiers, and Baekhyun and Sehun took another way. The royal guards and the hunter’s brigade too spread into teams and joined their three commanders, and the hunting game began as usual.

 

“When he was the crown prince, his majesty used to boycott all the hunting events, just because he can use that time to escape the palace to come and meet me.” Queen Yoona chuckled, reminding their past, a few years back. The three ladies were seated comfortably inside the tent, and waiting leisurely until their husbands arrived with their victories. Seora didn’t realize that, but the two older ladies were determined to make her closer to Chanyeol in heart, and to know the progress of their relationship today. “Hunting is his majesty’s favourite hobby. Yet he chose me over that.” the queen smiled to herself.

“Lord Kim is a bit different. I mean, we didn’t get married out of love. It was an arranged marriage. But after marriage, he was the sweetest husband ever, you know your highness, he’s someone who reads a lot, and I was afraid that he will live the rest of his lie with books even after the marriage. But once we were married, he started coming to my room every night with a stack of books!” Bora started, making both the queen and Seora giggle. “Actually he used it as an excuse, saying he had a lot of reading and studying to do, and always ended up sleeping on my lap with a book spread on his chest.“ she added, as a loving smile grazed her lips. and she looked at her sister. “So how are things going between you and Lord Park, Seora?”

It didn’t even take a mere second for Seora’s face to turn into a deep shade of strawberry pink, and she gave Bora a meek smile. “Fine... I guess... unnie.” She mumbled. Apart from what she experienced at the Kim’s mansion, the past few days were quite heaven to her. Although she didn’t tell anyone, even Haesol. He was getting closer and closer to her, and she was helplessly falling for every single thing he did, and she was wondering whether he too, was developing real feelings towards her.

 

Two days in a row, she woke up in the morning, to find him lying beside her in her own room, on her own mattress, sharing the same pillow and blanket with her. She couldn’t understand how soft and smooth he was towards her, regarding the tough and beastly exterior he always tried to maintain. On both days, he was sound asleep beside her, one day hugging her around the waist, and the other day snuggled against her and nuzzling his face into the side of her neck. Being stiff and rigid under his touch was all the helpless girl could do, not knowing whether she was getting his real love after all this time.

The third day she woke up startled in the middle of the night, sweating and shaking after having a terrible nightmare which she couldn’t remember after she woke up. He was right there, sitting a few feet away and reading in candle light.

He wasn’t panicked, but scooted over to her after placing his book aside, and slowly brushed away the sweaty strands of hair stuck to her forehead and cheeks. “Had a nightmare?” his voice came out deep yet soft, enough to make her calm down with just those words.

Seora nodded, and reached for the glass of water on the table nearby. he reached it before her, and handed it over to her. “Want me to pat you to sleep?” he asked making her let out a low chuckle. “I’m not a baby.” She said, and he pursed his lips with a smile. “Then, wanna go out for some air?”

 

And they ended up in the garden, sitting on the grass under a tree, where Chanyeol sat with his back against the tree and made Seora sit between his spread out legs, her back against his chest.

“Have you ever felt real loneliness?” he asked, his arms securing her around and pressing her to his chest. she went rigid again, still not used to his touch, but forgot her nervousness as he started speaking again. “Have you ever felt being helpless without knowing what to do with your life?”

She slowly shook her head. “That’s good.” He mumbled. Because I never want anyone to feel that... because I know the pain of it.” Seora listened in silence. First it was my parents. And then it was noona. and once Hyeyeong and my child left me... I thought it was the end.” He sighed, tightening his hug around her. “They say you must speak out the pain in your heart, and should never bottle it up inside and suffer alone... but how can I speak out my pains if I don’t even know the words to describe what it feels like?”

She turned around to look at him, afraid that he might be tearing up by now. He looked down at her and smiled. “I’m not the person to cry over things, I normally don’t. I just wanted to explain you something. That’s why I brought up this topic.” he said.

She blinked, and stared at him in silence, waiting for him to continue.

“That’s the reason I didn’t want to get closer to you. I didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter