3 Breakfast, anyone?

Fluffy December

You colour me in gold.
Kiss the freckles on my nose.
With those blood red pomegranate lips taking sips, hand on hip.
Your face could launch a thousand ships.

– Colour Me In Gold (JP Cooper)

***

Light snow dripped outside the window, perfectly matched with the acid jazz fill the entire mood of the house. The sounds came out from the vintage gramophone seeping through the air timidly, afraid to disrupt the tranquil morning. Poor sun flares seek its way to sneak in from the window above the sink. Sizzling hot on the stove, the butter’s battling out with the onion before the egg mixture poured on it and magically turn into beautiful omelet.

I snap my head up to the cuckoo clock who sings song as it hit eight in the morning, after safely secured the omelet on the blue plate, the Daddy’s favorite above all.

‘I wouldn’t mind for extra bacon and cheese.’

The sudden deep soothing voice crossing my mind makes me giggling feebly. Who knows such a cute grown up like that could finish three meals in one go? I must have been done really good deeds in my past life that I honored to attain a man like him who doesn’t even care how much his lover stuffed her tummy just because he did the same to himself. Well, I guess a small treat can’t hurt anybody, so I let those pieces of heaven lie gracefully on the pan while I take care of the burning hot toast.

Cursed my life as an art director, I need everything to be perfect, anything to be in their rightest place. Just like the other day, today these avocados cannot escape neither. He said it’s because my OCD, oh tell me more about it; I’m living in a world full of detail. I remember once he was making fun of me, said that my breakfast would be a good prey for an Instagram addict like Kim Kibum. I would laugh so hard back then, but the fact that Kibum always seek for every perfect ten angle of everything around him convinced me that he really had a condition. Just like me. Just like us to be exact.

And the morning glory ruined impeccably by someone’s groan which roaring through the house straight from the bedroom to the downstairs. Followed by some beautiful cursed, slammed opened door, and another growls after slipped away on the last two stairs which showed me the biggest bed head of the year.

Jinki’s muttering something with his trademark grumpy morning, “Why the hell you’re not waking me up?”

Taken aback I could only raise my eyebrow higher, “Excuse me?”

“Throw your silly red table clock away! It’s useless!”

“You’re the one who bought it for me on last year anniversary!”

“Whatever! We need the new one! The genius one th- WHO THE HECK PUT THIS STUPID BEAN BAG HERE?!!!”

Maybe I really had this OCD things I can’t handle Jinki’s loud voice, “Oh for Pete’s sake, why are you so chaotic? It’s only eight in the morning!!”

“Only eight?! Other people might already on their way or even reached their destination! Something must be wrong with your messy brain! Wake the kids up! I have no time to explain to their home teacher again why they’re late.”

“Nobody’s gonna late today, honey!”

“Are you out of your mind?! I ne- !! REMINDS ME TO THROW THIS RUG AWAY!!” he tackled another tripping-down-on-a-flat-surface, “Leia! Luke!! Come on! It’s almost nine! Why aren’t they showed up on the table yet?! Pack the breakfast on the lunch box! Nobody got time for that!”

And who’s the OCDs one here?

“No one gonna shows up, stop yelling around the house! It stressed me out!”

“What do you mean no one gonna shows up? Did you forget we had two kids which is considered lazy and they need to be at school in.. damn, ten minutes again?! Crap crap crap! Go get your changes, I dropped you at school and YOU explain to their teacher! I’m going straight to the office!”

“Did you forget what day is it?!”

He stopped right away near the shoe racks, shirt buttoned unwieldy, coat hung on his right hand, bag fell of his left shoulder, “What did you say?”

“Come here.” He still stands awkwardly, out of space and clearly out of his mind, “Come here you klutz!”

Willy-nilly, he walks closer to the kitchen, his hair styled haphazardly trying to escape from his head and those eye bags, they don’t lie baby; the very person in front of me exhausted to death.

“You need some haircut,” my hand flees to those fluffy locks and attempts to put it back its place.

With such a worry expression, he cries desperately, “I’m gonna be late, kids gonna be late.”

“They won’t be late, so do you!”

“No time for jokes!” he gritted his teeth just to confirm who’s ruling the house.

I cupped his face and turn that milky round head to the calendar near the back door, “The winter break started today, honey. And you got your days off until next year.”

Laughter burst my throat and I bet his jaw would drop to the wooden floor if my hands are not on his cheeks. That was the silliest grown up face ever. Now I remember the reason I married to the man before me seven years ago.

“Why don’t you stop me?”

“I’ve tried, but you’re too busy with your stuff! Reminds me to add ‘must listen to your significant other in any circumstance’ to our to-do-list on the next anniversary!”

“And the kids?”

“Uncle Taemin back from USA and as usual, he took away the apples of my eyes for at least.. five days? Gosh, I hate that selfish jerk.”

“That’s my brother you’re talking about.” He chuckles in a super fine harmony. And it melts my heart away.

“Yeah, no wonder the younger brother is like that. Look at the older one; clumsy, silly, overly-mad about tiny things, and stubborn to death not to listen to his wife.”

I reached his uneven shirt, re-button up the miss-match ones.

“But that’s why you fell in love truly madly deeply with him, right?”

“Ugh, please. Quoting a song is lame. Do you know how much over-confident he is?”

Another laughs grace my ear and I’m about to cry for such a blessing like that, “By those words I already knew that you love that man.”

“You never let me go, do you? Come on, breakfast is ready. The omelet is gonna wasted away when it’s cold.”

Just one stepped away, I already tugged back into his embrace. It startled me to death I almost fell of my ankle if I don’t grip steadily on his getting boarder shoulder. Thanks to Choi Minho who insisted him going exercise twice a week.

“Ehm, let’s see. Since the kids not gonna join us on the table this morning.. how about having the other kind of breakfast?”

My cheeks blushes hot red right away, “What?”

And everything is clicking into one big piece when he reaches my lips with his own ones. The butterflies inside my tummy awaken in a snap by his soft touch.

“Seriously?”

“Why not?” the smirk on his face makes everything clear and it’s inevitably pull me deeper into this giant pink lake when petals as its water. From his shoulder I slide my hands to back of his neck and help myself by tip-toeing in all my might to peck his nose.

“What can I say? I love you, Lee Jinki.”

“I knew it before long, now shut up.”

I can’t help but laughing into his kiss which he himself also can’t contain the glee atmosphere wrapping us. Firm grasp on my waist, he lands his lips on my forehead that drives my eyes closed. As he moves down to my nose, I can feel the hand on my back pressed me closer to his chest. And the world is getting better when he’s back dominating my lips.

“Smells so good, is that bacon?”

There’s no way thunder explodes inside the house but Kim Jonghyun made it seemed possible with his hoarse hangover voice. The earlier butterflies now sunken to the lowest abdomen and left me dry with bitter laugh. It’s kind of hilarious anyway when you saw your hubby swiftly goes off and superhot-boiled face caught red handed by his best friend.

“I almost forget he does exist.” I manage to compose myself after such a humiliating moment a while ago.

Jinki’s eyes almost jolted out unlike his usual half-moon shaped ones, arms stretched out to Jonghyun, “What are you doing here?!!” then he turned to my direction, “How could he be here?”

Jonghyun’s busy stretching himself with half closed eyes so I take my chance to smooch Jinki’s with a quick light brush, “I don’t know, baby. Ask my husband who came home 2 AM in the morning, drunk with his buddy who was even worse clinging onto his arm.”

I walk to the dining table with Jinki’s eyes entail me helplessly, “Breakfast anyone?”

***