12 What’s Great About Winter

Fluffy December

I love how your heart beats whenever i hold you
I love how you think of me without being told to
I love the way your touch is always heavenly
But darling most of all i love how you love me

I love how your eyes close whenever you kiss me
And when I’m away from you i love how you miss me

– I Love How You Love Me (Camera Obscura)

***

My eyes fluttered open just to found bare chest. As I gain conscious, I feel light weight on my waist, wrapped so firmly around it, not allowing me to even twitch a bit. Warm breath brushed my forehead in a beautiful rhythm, pushed me back to the dreamland. I duck my head lower and snuggle to the crook of the neck a man beside me, temple glued to the prominent collarbones jutted out more after long hours spent at the gym.

“Honey, what time is it?”

Lips attached to his tanned skin, I murmured into his cleavage, I swear to God, sometimes I had thought of buying him a sport bra just because his chest somehow too intimidating on its size.

The said man only grunted and muttered something inaudible which I’m quite sure he did that with both eyes and mouth tightly shut.

“Wake up sleepy head,” I kiss his cute little mole on his chest and circling it with my finger, a funny sensation pumped inside my belly.

“I’m tired.”

It’s not a surprise to find him overly attached to the bed. Especially in a winter, when spend the morning under a blanket is more favorable than stepped outside the door and do the groceries or simply just out for coffee.

Struggling under his arm, I managed to slither out. But only for a few seconds before he pulled my wrist and shoved me back into the comforter.

“We’re going to be late for Jinki’s dinner party!”

“It’s dinner, for God’s sake. It will start at least after six.”

Though he’s so adorable being this clingy, eyes closed and only grumbled out of his rather huge mouth, I really need to jump off the bed. Kibum arranged this dinner party with so much effort and set the date a week later the actual birthday to suit our schedule so everyone would be there to celebrate his fiancée getting another year older.

“We need to buy Jinki’s present, baby. And also Minho’s.”

“I already bought them. Now shut up and let me cuddle.”

When I checked his face, nothing changed, means he still manage to avoid the sun flares slipped into the room from behind the curtain, “When did you buy it? Why don’t you ask me to go with you?”

Instead of answering my investigation right away, he scooted me closer, deepened the hug and slowly rubbing my back. There’s some friction, the good kind one, even though he rubbed over the thin oversized tees.

“If you could stay still in the next five minutes, I’ll tell you later.”

Jonghyun shows me who rules the bond on the bed. His words is an order that I had to follow, not that I snubbed to, though.

And that five minutes probably the best time of my life. His scent wept into the air hovering my face, completely drown me with an unsung lullaby. He definitely knows how to knock out a girl without shedding any sweat. So I just rolled to my left, let the cold on my back vanished away by his warm broad chest. He locked my hips under his strong grip, where I just voluntary placed my hand on the top of his.

I remember being like this every single morning before we got busier to pay the bills and almost forgot what it feels like spending a bit more time on the bed. Before the busy schedule which sometimes not allows us to sleep at the same bed. Before there are two beautiful angels running around the house and confiscate most of our energy.

When he kissed the skin of my shoulder which peeked out the loose clothes, it’s both tickling and addicting. Somewhat the longing feeling dispatched right away, buried away under the pile of snow. The topic of Jinki’s birthday present was forgotten long time ago.

“You know what’s great about winter?”

His husky voice brushed my neck, spread drowsiness over my head. People said he has the most wonderful voice in the world, super marvelous one which made even the strongest heart melted into lava. But it’s not his voice that enchants me at the first time. It’s the way he chuckles that stole my heart. And the way he sends chills all over my skin when he burst into loud laugh.

“The snow?”

“Better yet, you made such a great company to cuddle with.”

Suddenly I wish we lived in North Pole.

***