Truth about the Parks

48 hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong’s POV

I left the conference room feeling disoriented. I shouldn’t feel affected by everything that’s happening, but I feel completely thrown off. I’m sure it must be cause this was totally unexpected. And not to mention that some of what Dara said doesn’t really tally with what I know about her. I mean, Donghae has been in love with her for as long as I remember. But how come Dara doesn’t acknowledge the fact that they were childhood friends? It’s more confusing cause I looked for any dishonesty in what she was saying but she looked completely clueless when I asked her about it.

But I know what I need to do now, I have stay far away from Dara. Being close to her makes me feel disoriented and unlike myself. I am always level headed, but being in her presence makes me feel off-guard. It was like I am taken back to the short time I spent with her. I never wanted to run in to her again cause I do not like complications in my life, but now with the latest developments, she has become the biggest complication in my life. I need to make sure that Donghae never learns about what happened between us.

I was walking back towards the reception hall when my path was blocked by none other than one of my father’s bodyguards. He bowed at me and said “Master, Sir has requested your presence. Please follow me” I let out a sigh and thought that I couldn’t avoid him forever and started following the bodyguard to another one of the conference rooms down the hall. He opened the door for me and as I stepped inside I saw my father sitting on the center chair crossing his palms and waiting for me.

I bowed at him politely and asked “Did you call for me?”

“Jiyong! I’m glad that you could make it to the engagement party” he said in his no nonsense tone. “I asked for you cause I have an assignment for you” he got right in to business. I scoffed mentally no how are you when we are meeting after so many years? I thought to myself.

“Mr. Kwon, you know that I do not work for you anymore. In fact, I have my own company and my own work assigned to myself. So whatever it is that you want me to do, I am sorry but you will have to assign it to someone else as I am too occupied these days” I said not at all feeling sorry for turning him down.

“I am afraid that I can’t trust anyone else with this assignment Jiyong. In fact, I believe that you could also benefit from this. It has something to do the Double Dragons that you are so obsessed with” He told me smugly.

I looked at him a little startled to know that he’s aware of my obsession with bringing down Double Dragons. “Please fill me in how exactly it would be beneficial to me Mr. Kwon?” I asked him challengingly cause I wanted to know what exactly he knows about the double dragons.

“What I am about to tell you is top secret. It’s something that has been carried only by me and the Parks. So I need your word that this will not be getting out of this room.” He told me sternly, and while knowing that I have to share whatever I learn in this room with Taeyang and the others, I agreed to the condition because I wanted to know everything that I could use against that wretched gang and also curious as to how the Parks are involved in this matter.

“I guarantee that no one will know about this apart from us.” He looked at me for a second as if to make sure that I’m telling the truth and nodded to himself once before leaning back on his chair and crossing his arms before speaking.

“18 years ago, Mr. Park was able to generate a software along with my help, that allowed him access to all the secrets of any organization with something as simple as a code that can be inserted to get into that organizations security system. And when I say any organization, I mean any organization in the whole world. This was actually something that he was requested to develop for the government based on their requirement. After the development was complete and the test runs were done, we were ready to hand it over to the government. However, what we did not know was that there was a mole amongst the members who knew of this project. We were soon asked to destroy the software by the government before it gets to the wrong hands cause it had already been leaked to the underworld and a lot of gangs were after this software.”

While I knew most of the details that he was telling me from what Chaerin told me, I listened intently without showing anything as I did not want him to know that I already know this bit of information.

“We were attacked before we were able to destroy it and a lot of people lost their lives before the situation could be put under control. They went to the extent of kidnapping Dara who was only 6 ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter