Preparations

48 hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara's POV

Two days, five hours and 19 minutes until my engament. Eversince the day my appa finalized the engagement, i have been a human robot. That's the best way i can describe myself. The preparations for the engagement has been on full swing and all i have been doing is being dragged for fit ons, being dragged for jewellery picking and so many other stuff that comes along with engagement planning. Right now i was standing in front of the mirror in a full length salmon pink Vera Wang dress that any other girl would be dying to wear. But me, i was just in zombie mode, agreeing to everything my mother wanted and smiling everytime it was required. After that brief moment i thought i saw Jiyong, my reality hit me hard. I may still hold him in my heart, but i can never belong to him. I looked at myself once again, this dress, all these preparations, they are all for a man who i still don't know much about. I will be a part of Donghae's life permanently in two days, and it's not even my choice. Not that i dislike Donghae because during the last couple of days he has been nothing but patient and caring and sweet to me. It's just the fact that i spent a mere 48 hours with a man who shook my world, but the person that my parents have chosen for me has been helping me with engagement preparations for a good 4 days, but i still do not feel any sparks between us like what i felt with Jiyong. I am hoping that the 48 hours i spent with Jiyong would not ruin me for love again.

I took a deep breath and moved the curtain of the dressing room to the side and stepped out to my omma and Sanghyun who were patiently waiting for me outside. They both looked up at me and held their breaths and omma's eyes started filling with tears. She slowly stood while wiping her tears and said "my beautiful Ssantokki. how long have i been waiting to see this day and now that it's finally here i still can't believe that my little girl is all grown up" she stood in front of me and cupped my face in her hands. " you will be the most beautiful bride i'd have ever seen in my life no doubt. But for the engagement, this dress is the perfect dress for you." she said with so much love and affection and her face showed so much happiness that i could not deny her of it and smiled at her and said " i like this dress too omma. Let's buy this". Her eyes lit up and with a brilliant smile she clasped her hands and announced to the staff assistant "we are buying this dress. Make sure that it's delivered to us tomorrow in perfect condition" and started walking away to give them instructions. After she walked away Sanghyun came upto me and pulled me to his arms lovingly and gave me a soft kiss on my forhead and said, "i have the most beautiful sister in the world. I don't know how i'm going to adjust to life without having to protect you all the time." i chuckled softly and pulled out of his arms and replied "you should be glad Sanghyunnie cause you are going to be jobless very soon so you can finally start doing something productive other than having 'Protect Sandara Park' as your full time job" and jokingly stuck my tongue out "ha! if i did not protect you, you would have been food for so many sharks out there in this world. But now i get to see a grown up ssantokki ready to take on the world, and so independent. It somehow makes me feel relieved." he smiled softly. "Now go get changed and come before Donghae gets here, he should not see you in this dress till your engagement" he said and winked. I giggled lightly and said "arasso arasso. I'll get changed and come". 

I went back inside the changing room and started getting out of the dress and back in to my normal clothes. I quickly changed and came back outside and saw that Donghae has already got in to the shop and was talking to Sanghyun. The moment he noticed me he gave me a bright smile and strode towards me. "Did you get a dress that you like Dara-yah?" he asked, i nodded and said with a smile "Yeah, we found a dress that we all liked so omma is paying for it right now". "Great so everything on our part is done for the engagement as the planner is handling the rest, now all we have to do is get to know each other a bit more before this finally happens" he replied.

"That's a great idea hyung. Take Dara out on a date today, and you can get to know a lot more about each other." Sanghyun suggested and looked at the both of us. Donghae looked at me expectantly and wanted to know my answer but i was honestly not feeling too great about going out as i needed some time for myself before the engagement. I would be engaged to him and i would eventually spend more and more time together with h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter