Is it him?

48 hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong's POV

I looked to my right and noticed the grim expression on the faces of my gang members. We were now walking through the terminal in Incheon airport and we all came back without informing anyone about our trip to Seoul. CL was on my left side and i could hear her sighing hardly from time to time. I know that she's anxious about having to lie to her family but we had to hide the fact that we are back in Seoul to make sure that we get to the bottom of this and stop the Double Dragon clan from harming anyone else. Most of all, we don't want them to figure out that we are onto them and that we are watching every move they make.

My phone started ringing and that brought my attention back to my current surroundings. I took the phone out and checked for the caller ID only to see that it was an unsaved number. I answered the phone "Yoboseyo!" 

"Hyung!!!!!! I'm back!" i could recognize that voice anywhere. The only person aside from my gang members who i treasure and the only family i acknowledge as family. Hearing his voice instantly put me in a lighter mood "Donghae-ah! How are you doing dongsaeng? And what do you mean you are back? Are you back in Seoul?"

"Woah hyung! I know that you missed me but one question at a time please. kekeke. And neh hyung i'm back in Seoul. Actually i have been back for sometime but i was a little occupied. Enough about me, how are you hyung? When will you be back?"

I instantly stiffened at his last question cause i hate lying to my little brother. He's the only person that i can be myself around apart from Big Bang and lying to him makes me feel a whole lot of guilt that i don't usually feel for anyone else. "Hyung is doing good Dong-ah. I still have a lot to look after in Japan and will not be able to come back anytime soon. Mianhae!"

"Mwoh! So you will not come back even if i get engaged?!" he asked in an incredulous tone. That made me chuckle slowly "yah paboya! You need to first find a girlfriend to get engaged to. After you do that first i will think about coming for your engagement." i and finally came out of the airport and headed towards the vehicle that was waiting for us.

I was expecting him to whine a bit like the kid he is but his response left me completely at a shock. "Well hyung, actually, umm... the reason that i came back is because i am getting engaged"

His explanation was enough to make my blood boil with anger cause i knew for a fact that Donghae wasn't dating anyone and this only means that this was a plan of that old man. Just because he was our father he always wanted to have control over us and has now even infiltrated my little brother's love life.

I stopped on my tracks outside the van and took a deep breath to calm myself down. "Yah! I know that you hardly go against 'his' word but this is crossing the line Donghae! You can't let him control your love life. And i know what marriage is for you. You always believed in love. How can you marry someone that you don't even know?" i bursted out.

"Woah hyung! calm down! To tell you the truth this was arranged by abeoji. But as you said hyung, i believe in love. And i only agreed because he arranged the marriage to the girl that i first fell in love with."

I was at a loss hearing what he was saying. "Huh? you always said that your first love was someone back from your elementary school." i said a little confused and got in the car after loading all of my luggage in the back. 

"You still remember?" he said 

"of course i remember with the way you never stopped talking about her for years" i said in a bored tone. "but that's not love what you had for her Donghae-as. It was only a puppy crush"

"i know what it sounds like hyung and even i thought the same way after a few years. But i came back and saw her and that was it for me. I was taken back to those days and it felt more real this time. I swear i could feel everything those sappy romantic stories say about."

I was a bit perplexed my how much of a hopeless romantic my little brother could be. "Arasso. If you really say so. But Donghae-ah, make sure that she's the one that you want to spend the rest of your life with. And remember, if she breaks your heart, i will forget the fact that she's a girl." i said and meant every word of it. I know how much of an idiot he was when he used to follow around her. And i also remember how heartbroken he was when she dissapeared suddenly.

And it was only puppy love. I don't want to see him going through any pain in life cause i want to shelter him from everything that i had to face and from this cruel world.

"Hahaha hyung. I am your brother. I can take care of myself you know. Besides, she can't hurt a fly, so she can never hurt me." 

"I hope that you know what you are getting into. But you know that i always got your back right?"

"And i always got your back hyung"

"By the way, what is her name?"

"Waeyo? so that you can run a background check on her? No way! I will introduce you to her directly when you come back." he said cockily. He knows the type of business that i do, he does not approve of the danger that i face with my everyday work but nevertheless, he supported me in every decision i made. And he always looked up to me and was always proud of me no matter what trouble i got into. 

If i can count on anyone to have my back even at a life or death situation, it would be him. That is why i cherish him so much. "anyway hyung, i miss you so much here. And my engagement will be held soon so you have no choice but to come back very soon. I will keep you posted on the date as soon as we fix it."

"Hmmm arasso Dong-ah. I have to get going now cause i'm on my way to settle some issues. I'll call you again soon okay."

"Neh hyung. Take care always!"

"You too. Kkeuno" we hung up the phone. After i was treated back with the silence in the car i realized how much i'm missing him. And the reality of lying to him and not being there for him at this important time for him makes me feel like a bad brother. Our Seoul office is located at Itaewon and after sometime we finally reached our building. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter