Surprised

48 hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong's POV,

After Chaerin told me about the Parks, I made it my mission to find all related information about the secret that they are hiding but it all ended up in a dead end. The only thing that was clear is that Double Dragons were out for Parks' blood and that only made me want an in with the Parks. You can get your in by using Sandara my subconscious kept on telling me this for the past couple of days but i kept trying to dismiss the idea cause I wanted to look at all the other options and only approach Dara if I have absolutely no way of getting an in on the details.

It was when I was still investigating in my laptop that my phone started ringing and when I saw the caller my mood instantly got a bit better "Yobeseyo" i answered "Hyung!!! I hope that you are getting ready right as we speak cause you know that I will not forgive you if you miss my engagement party" I chuckled, "how could I forget Donghae-ah, I have been getting daily reminders from you with the time and venue and asking me to be there on time" 

"Exactly! So you better be here in the next 1 hour hyung if you don't want to miss the single most important day of my life before the wedding" he said

I checked the time and realized that it was already past 5 and that the engagement ceremony is starting at 6 Aisht! I was so stuck in my investigation that i completely lost track of time. Donghae is going to kill me! 

"I will be there by 6 Donghae-ah don't worry" i said as i switched off my laptop and quickly went to my room to take a shower and start getting dressed. "You better be hyung. I can't believe that you didn't come back to Seoul earlier and meet me before the engagement. I wanted to introduce you to my future fiancee"

"Mianhae Donghae-ah, you know that i was a bit stuck with work. But that's fine, you can introduce her to me directly as your fiancee, cause i still have to approve her as my dongseang's match before he ties the knot" i said as i was going around the room getting my clothes ready. 

"You know that i listen to you every other time hyung, but if you don't approve of her, it may be the first time that i will not listen to you hyung" he said with a chuckle "but trust me when i say this, you will love her so there's never gonna be a day that you will oppose to this" 

i chuckled at that "Arasso you lovesick puppy. Now don't you have last minute preparations to check? Besides, I will be there soon to witness your lovesickness in a while so I think I had enough of you ranting about your future fiancee" 

"kekeke you are just jealous hyung. Don't be late again arasso. Appa is also waiting to see you soon. See you soon hyung" i stiffened the moment i heard that appa is waiting for me but responded with a bye and kept the phone aside.

It has been nearly 5 years since I last spoke to the man i call my father, if he even deserves to be called that. There's too much animosity that i have towards him since i got to know the truth about what he did and I have not spoken to him since then. I don't know if he was actually waiting to see me or if Donghae was just trying to reconcile us once again as usual. Whatever it was, I have learnt not to have any expectations from the man.

It's been clear to me during the last 5 years that he never bothered with my whereabouts unless otherwise absolutely necessary so I am not going to have any hopes on him either.

While I was getting ready i got a message from Chaerin saying that she will not be back for the investigation until tomorrow as she has a family event to attend. I replied with an okay and made my way out of the building towards my car and checked the time. It's 5.50 already and it is a 30 minute drive to the venue. Aisht! Donghae is going to kill me.

With that thought in mind i got in to the vehicle and hit on the accelerator to try and reach the venue as soon as possible. Within 20 minutes I was at the venue when I realized that I forgot the name of the hall and with it being a 7 star hotel there were several banquet halls so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter