D-Day

48 hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara's POV,

As i stared at myself from the mirror in my champagne colored off shoulder mermaid dress tht we bought, i kept replaying the conversation i had with Donghae on our little 'get-to know each other better' date we had yesterday. I can't deny the fact that he is an extremely good looking man and has only ever been a gentleman towards me during each of our exchanges that we had. And that is exactly why i keep feeling guilty about getting in to an engagement with a guy that i have no feelings for while harbouring feelings for a different guy. And it doesn't help the fact that Donghae even brought up how he would wait for me patiently no matter how long it takes.

Flashback

I was sitting on the swing in the park to where Donghae brought me after our lunch to just relax. He went to get us some ice cream while i was watching all the children who were playing around with kids their age and the parents who were keeping an eye on their kids. I heard someone taking a seat on the swing beside me and shortly after a hand carrying my favorite ice cream was extended. My eyes lit up at the flavor Donghae picked and a natural smile graced my face with delight.

"I hope you like this flavor since i thought you might be a Cookies & cream ice cream kind of person" Donghae said softly. 

I looked at him without faltering my smile and said "I don't know how you guessed it but this is my favorite ice cream. So thank you!" I started happily enjoying my ice cream while going back to people watching with Donghae when he broke the silence. "Do you remember when i told you that i want to marry you in order to fall in love again?" I looked at him and recalled our conversation after we officially met and nodded.

"I hope that you know i meant it in every which way. And spending time with you during the last couple of days has truly made me happy about the decision i made, cause i know that i am slowly falling in love with you" his confession took me by surprise and i looked at him with widened eyes. He looked very much confident confessing his feelings for me and i was feeling anything but confident in keeping my emotions checked. What he said utterly surprised me because we have not had much time to really get to know each other and spend time together. So how can someone fall in love with another one so fast? Just as that thought came to my mind a traitorous part of myself whispered 'but you fell in love with someone in two days. So you have no room to judge his feelings for you'.

I guess i would have been keeping my dumbfounded expression for too long cause Donghae suddenly got up and came to kneel in front of me and i couldn't stop my eyes from following his every movement.

"You don't have to look so surprised. It's not very hard to fall in love with you you know?" he chuckled a bit and looked down and slowly looked up again and brought his hands to either sides of the swing seat to make sure that i am trapped. "In fact, it has been very easy to fall in love with you cause i felt like i have known you all my life and the feelings i am growing for you are just as strong as the feelings i have ever felt towards my first love. So if that was called puppylove, i would very much like to make it my one true love with you if you let me". He kept looking intensely into my eyes that my breath hitched and i forgot about the ice cream cone i was holding in my hand and accidentally dropped it on his lap while hiccuping.

This brought both of us out of our trance and we both started laughing at the mess i created. "I am so sorry! i didn't realize that it slipped from my hands i said while looking embarrassed about the mess that's lying on his lap. He checkled and got up while taking a handkerchief to wipe the ice cream "You know, if you wanted to turn me down all you had to do was tell me no. Throwing your favorite ice cream is a bit too dramatic don't you think?" he asked me and winked jokingly. I couldn't stop the light blush and small laugh that escaped my lips on his lighthearted joke so i replied "I would never do that to my favorite ice cream willingly. I guess next time i can use something like coffee to throw at you when you take me off guard" and looked down on my lap to get out of the question that i want to avoid.

He stopped his movements and bent to my eye level and brought his fingers to my chin and softly raised my face so that i could meet his eyes which has lost all trace of his previous laughter and were back to being intense and serious "I will wait

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter