Honesty

48 hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong's POV

I was at Chaerin's office once again. For the past 3 days we have been trying to find clues about Dara's brother's accident. Chaerin filled me in on all the details about what happened but kept me out about why she thinks that he was targeted. She only told me that their family is very influential and that they have many enemies. I was surprised to hear this as Dara never mentioned anything like that when she spoke of her family.

"Ji oppa. I appreciate you helping me out but you really don't have to. I know that we don't have many dealings going around these days but you don't have to do this." Chaerin said while i was going through the security footage which we managed to get today through a few connections that i pulled. 

"You know that i don't like to just lie around doing nothing. Besides, if this helps you in any way and stops that rat whining every second about how you are 'missing' in his life, that would help me more." i said with an eyeroll. "Besides, if i did not get involved, it would take you a long time to find these security footages" i added with a smirk.

She chcukled softly "Gomawo oppa." Now is the time Jiyong. Ask her! I gave myself a small pep talk. "So.... ummm... this is for Dara's brother right?" i asked Chae nonchalantly while pretending to watch the footages. "Ye oppa. Dara unnie was so worried" she replied while being immersed in her work.

I never asked her about Dara before and i didn't want to pry but i had questions which only Chaerin could answer, "I noticed that you were very protective of her. Is this one of those reasons?" i referred to the possible murder attempt on Dara's brother.

Chae sighed "I know that you have a lot of questions oppa, but i honestly can't divulge any information. I just hope that you believe me when i say that i am not doing anything harmful for our business or go against it in any way. Just know that Dara unnie's family is currently involved in a project which can either make or break our country and cause of that there are a lot of people who wants to hurt them."

"Does Dara know about this as well?" i asked curiously. "No she doesn't oppa. Her family is very protective of hers, hence the arrianged marriage cause they don't want her to be used for her money and name. Besides, the two families were good friends for a long time." she paused her footages and looked at me skeptically. "You are awfully interested in this subject. Is there any ulterior motive of you helping me oppa?" she asked suspiciously. 

I regained my compsure and replied "i just wanted to know what i was getting into. Besides, i don't want my employees to be secretly involved in anything dangerous."

"Mianhae oppa. If we were in Korea i wouldn't have taken this long as everything will be available over there."

We worked in silence for a while and i was just about to take a small break when i noticed something in the screen. I saw the vehicle that we were searching for. Dara's brothers vehicle. But what caught my attention the most was the vehicle that was behind it. A truck seem to have been following the vehicle closely. However the footage wasn't clear enough to show who was behind the truck. It was a narrow road and the side was a cliff. The truck suddenly hit the car from the back with force and the car suddenly veered dangerously close to the cliff but managed to veer back to safety but not for long as the truck hit the car once again. This time the vehicle went off the cliff and i saw that the driver barely managed to jump out of the car before it completely fell off. After this the video went blank. 

"Chaerin i found it! You were right. This was no accident!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dara's POV

After i got discharged from the hospital i went home but kept going back to the hospital to accompany Teddy oppa. Thankfully i didn't have any run-ins with my fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter