Complicated

48 hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara’s POV

I looked at myself in the mirror and saw a red puffy and blotchy face from all the crying. I am so glad that I was wearing waterproof make-up. I quickly washed my face and re-applied a bit of make-up to make myself look presentable, took a few deep breaths to calm myself down cause as grateful as I am that nobody came in to the washroom during my crying episode, I can’t stay holed inside this for the remainder of my engagement party. I mean, even if I am getting engaged against my wishes, I still have too keep on pretending that I’m okay with all this, and to top it all, I also have to put a brave face and face Jiyong once again. Deep breaths Dara, you can do this. You may have feelings for Jiyong but he clearly mentioned that it was a no strings attached time. So it’s best that you move on from him. Focus on Donghae. Yes, that’s the best way to go. I kept telling myself and calmed myself down before leaving the washroom to face the reality. Only if talking myself into facing it and actually facing it is as easy as it looks, cause the moment I stepped out I felt my arm being held and dragged quickly. I almost let out a scream until I saw the stern face of Jiyong. Wait, what is he doing? Where is he taking me and going?

Not too long after, I found myself in one of the many conference rooms in the hotel facing Jiyong and my back towards the door. And there he stood, as rigid as ever and looking ready for battle. And if I’m the one that he’s going to battle with, I can guarantee it one hundred percent that he will win over whatever argument that he’s going to battle with me about. I looked at him again directly in his eyes and couldn’t detect any emotion as he had all his walls up and I couldn’t tell what was really going in his head. He stood with his arms across his chest taking deep breaths.

“Did you know?” that was the first thing he asked leaving me completely confused.

“Know what?” I asked with a confused expression.

“Don’t act dumb Dara. You approached me, and wanted me to you, all the while being betrothed to my own brother. Did you ing know that? What kind of sick games are you playing with the both of us?” I could tell that the more he was talking the angrier he was getting but his words cut me like a knife and I felt tears pricking my eyes once again.

“How could you accuse me of something so vile? Do I look like someone who could stoop so low? I told you that I knew nothing about the person that I’m supposed to get married to. So how could I even possibly think that you are my fiancé’s brother?” I asked him.

How could he even think for one second that I’m playing games with them. I am just as flabbergasted as he is over this. If anything, it’s harder for me than him because I am freaking in love with him while he could only feel guilt cause he slept with his brother’s fiancé.

He looked up at the ceiling and took a sharp breath.

“what am I supposed to think if not Dara. This is so ed up. If Donghae ever got to know about this, I will lose the only family member that I care about” he said and I could feel his frustration.

“Jiyong, trust me, if I ever knew anything about the relationship between you and Donghae, I never would have approached you. In fact, even after I met Donghae for the first time, I never knew that you are his brother. True, he has spoken about you a few times, but I didn’t know it was you” I said desperately wanting him to believe that I never approached him with plans.

I saw his face crunched up a bit and asked me “what do you mean by the first time you met him? I thought that you guys knew each other since childhood” now that made me confused.

“I never met him in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter