The Operation

48 hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong's POV

I heard someone yelling Dara and froze on my tracks. Is it her? Should i turn? What if she recognizes me? But she won't come and talk to me will she? Before i could change my mind i decided look at the firection the name was called from and saw the back of a petite girl with a guy who is around my age. They weren't that far away from me so i could clearly recognize that sweet structure of hers right away. Instinctively i took a step towards them cause i telt like i wanted to see her face just once more. Andwae Jiyong. It was a no strings attached fun time you had with her. You don't have to speak to her if you see her. That must be the guy she's supposed to get married to. I noticed that she was about to turn towards my direction and before that i quickly entered the building and hid behind the wall away from their view. 

I did not want her to see me cause it was better that way for her safety as well as my operation. I want to catch Jang Ki Yoon and i can't afford to have anyone in Seoul know that i'm back. With that in mind i started my way towards the office that everyone is in. I want to know what they have to do with the Park family and why they resurfaced now when they have been in hiding for the past 2 years. This can't be a coincidence and it definitely have to be a deliberate act from their end. They also can't get in and out of the government systems without an inside party helping them. If that is the case this operation could bring the governmant objections on us as well. Something that most people do not know is that we are a gang who run as a non-crime gang. We may be dealing with drugs and all sorts of other illegal substances but what they do not know is that these are drugs that we don't put out in the streets and gives directly to the government with the details of the dealers. In other words we are an organized gang who's cleansing the streets of illegal substances. 

People do not know about us as in their minds we are drug dealers and criminals who engage in illegal activities, but that's okay with us as we don't need to be recognized to help clean this world. And because of this we have so many enemies. This is why i want to keep my little brother away from all of this as my world is filled with corruption that someone who is as pure as him doesn't need to see. 

I got to the office and saw that everyone was already immersed in their investigations. I went to where CL is located and asked "Any updates?" She looked up from her laptop and said "He's been around different parts of Seoul. It looks like they are searching for something." She showed me several photographs of him that were captured in different locations via different CCTV cameras that we hacked into. 

"You know what's weird Ji? It's like these guys want to show us what they are upto. Otherwise why would they suddenly show up in the databases and not cover their tracks or even avoid CCTV altogether?" Taeyang asked from where he was seated at. I walked to my seat and switched on my Laptop and turned to him. "My theory is that Double Dragons know that we are after Jang cause of what he did and that they are putting him out as bait. Maybe they want to lure us in or put us off track." He continued. 

"I agree with Taeyang too Ji. This can't be a coincidence. You know how hard we have been trying to track them for the past 2 years. There was not a single trace." TOP hyung joined in. "I know hyung. This is not a coincidence and that is why i want everyone other than Taeyang to trace any other Double Dragon member that we can get our hands on. And CL, keep an eye out for the Parks cause if they tried to kill Teddy, they could have another attempt at him. And i also want you to dig up and see what they want with Teddy." her face went pale as i mentioned that they could have another attempt to kill her cousin. I could understand her concern as they are her family and she wouldn't want anything to happen to them. My only concern is my gut feeling says that she's not letting me in on everything she knows. I know that i need to trust her but with Jang being related to this i can't let her keep any secrets from me. So i decided to be upfront about it.

"Chaerin-ah, speak to me for a minute in private please." she looked a bit hesitant but nodded her head so we both got up and i led her towards the small meeting roomat the back to have some privacy. "What is it oppa?" she asked as i closed the door behind her. I turned towards her with a serious face. "You know that i trust you with my life right?" She looked confused a bit but nodded so i continued. "I know that you have been hiding something from me since the time Teddy got into an accident. Though you looked surprised it seemed as if you knew it was coming. What is it that you are hiding from me?" She looked guilty and looked down. I knew that she needed a bit more of a push and to know that i will always trust and believe in her so i added on "You know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter