Run away

48 hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara's POV

I looked around the airport making sure that i was not followed and kept my ticket close to me while dragging my luggage to the check-in counter. I was feeling anxious while being cautious about my surroundings. I didn't want to be caught. Not yet. I have so many things that i want to do in my life. I don't want to be prisoned my whole life. I completed the check-in and finally released the breath i was holding after i settled down in my plane seat and started to relax.

Finally! I get to have my freedom even if it was for a while! I decided to take my phone out and switch it on to see the damage i have made in my wake and winced when i saw 50 missed call notifications and 20 messages from my family members. Sigh! I think i need to make an explanation before my Appa and Oppas go berserk and turn the world upside down to find me. I dialled omma first as i knew that she would be the most worried.

It didn't even complete the first ring when she answered "Dara-yah! Where have you been? Do you have any idea how worried sick i was all this time? You have no idea what ran throguh my mind! I had all sorts of scary images running through me! Tell me you are okay! Tell me that you haven't been kidnapped and this is not a ransom call that i am getting!"

"Omma don't worry! I am fine! Besides if i was kidnapped and this is a ransom call you wouldn't be able to finish half of the things you were babbling on before the kidnapper gets annoyed and shoot me!" I tried to make a joke to lighten the situation a bit.

"How can you be joking at a moment like this?" Wherever you are right now you better be on your way home. If not I cannot help you with what your Appa and Oppas are planning for you at the moment." I winced slightly at that. "Minahae omma. But i can't tell you where i am right now. But I need a little space at the moment."

I could hear her sigh from the other side. "Dara-yah you know that this was coming. This was decided the moment you were born into our family. Even if you run away right now it's inevitable." 

"I know that it is inevitable and that is why i want to have a bit of space. I have been restricted my whole life from living it to the full cause of my family. If i am to be sold off to make a business contract stronger then the least you could do is let me live my life the way i want until i have to be back in time for my engagement" i said with a bit of anger in my voice.

"We are not selling you off to anyone! How can you say that?" I could hear the hurt in her voice. "I know that it is not your choice but this is for your own good. We have known the Lee's for as long as your Appa and i was married. So we trust them to take good care of you and treat you like royalty."

"If they have known our family for that long, how come i have never met my fiance in my whole life before?" 

"I can't explain this to you, but know that there's a good reason for it. They are as trustable as our family"

I could hear the airhostess announcing about departure and to switch off all electronic devices and i guess i was not the only one who heard it. "Yah are you in a plane? Dara-yah!" 

"Mianhae omma but i have to go now. Please don't be worried. I will come back in a month. Tell Appa and Oppas to not search for me and that i know what i have to do to keep the name of our family. I will come back in a month ready to be engaged to whoever it is that you'll have picked out for me! Take care of yourself and Appa! Bye Omma!" I said in a rush.

"Sandara Park!!!! Yahh!!" I heard her screaming as i disconnected the line. 

I sighed and closed my eyes and switched off my phone to relax.

That's me! Sandara Park! The only daughter of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter