A Godly Intrusion

Praying For Hearts

"White roses, they're so beautiful, aren't they?",

Jongdae stared at the man in his living room,he's sitting on the couch, wearing a white sweater with white pants, his hair a light brown and slightly messy, he's barefoot, in his hand he holds a bouquet of white roses and around his neck he wears a necklace, a silver heart with a keyhole engraved.

He's petting softly at the petals of the roses.

"Who are you and how did you get into my apartment?",Jongdae instead questioned,his only weapon his textbooks in his hands.The guy seemed nice,but for all Jongdae knew he could be a crazy killer, after all who sneaks into someone's apartment with no shoes on?

The guy frowned.

"I'm surprised you don't recognize me...then again I'm not that well known am I? As for getting in, you really should consider locking your door", He advised.

"Look, I don't know what you want, but I don't own anything valuable. So,please, kindly, before I call the cops, get out", Jongdae warned.

The guy sighed.

He stood up from the couch and Jongdae thought he was going to leave.

But suddenly he wasn't in front of the couch anymore and instead in front of Jongdae,he hadn't even moved his legs, yet there he was, in front of Jongdae.

"H-How did?!", Jongdae took a step back prompting the guy to take a step forward.

"Kim Jongdae, it is I, the god Baekhyun, here to answer your plea and call for help in the matters of heart and soul", The guy announced in a mighty voice.

Jongdae blinked as the guy smiled brilliantly at him, waiting for some sort of reaction.

In a split second, Jongdae turned and ran towards his room, slamming and locking the door as he quickly pulled out his phone to call for backup.

"Hello?! Chanyeol?! You idiot I'm about to get killed and it's all your faul-oh it's you Kyungsoo, hello. Tell Chanyeol I'm about to get killed and it's all his faul-agh!", Jongdae dropped the phone in surprise as the guy stared disapprovingly at him, he was sat cross legged on Jongdae's bed.

"Jongdae?Jongdae are you there?!", Kyungsoo's voice called from the fallen phone.

The guy tsked and shooting a look to Jongdae's phone, the call was hung up.

He turned his eyes to Jongdae.

Jongdae, on reflex reached for the nearest object, a pillow, threw it at him, then reached for the door, unlocking it as quickly as he could before swinging it open.

However, the guy stood on the other side of the door, an unamused look on his face, pillow in hand.

"What are you?! Some ninja?", Jongdae slammed the door closed.

"No, as I already explained I am a god. God Baekhyun, but you don't listen", a voice behind him sighed and Jongdae turned and saw the guy, Baekhyun, sitting on Jongdae's bed again.

"That's insane! Who put you up to this? Was it Chanyeol?-That ",

"Chanyeol? Would you happen to mean Park Chanyeol?",

"So it was him!",

Baekhyun smiled.

Wow that's a nice smile, Jongdae thought before mentally slapping himself. Focus, Jongdae!

"No,he did not send me to you. I do believe it is he, who sent you to me, no?",Baekhyun placed his chin in his hand.

"Yeah, to the real god. At the small run down temple. Not to you, a teleporting weirdo who broke into my apartment with no shoes and impeccably clean white clothes",

Baekhyun looked down at his clothes, spotless of any dust, dirt or stains, he looked back up and frowned at Jongdae.

"My home is not run down. I'll have you know it's in quite good shape despite its years,"

"Speaking of home, maybe you should head over there, no?",

"I can't leave you until I've helped you", Baekhyun insisted.

"You're not a god!",

"Am too!",

"Prove it", Jongdae challenged stubbornly.

Baekhyun sat thoughtful for a moment.

"Alright, what do you want me to do?",

"I don't know. You're the ''god'' here, show me your powers",

Baekhyun huffed.

"Chanyeol never put me through so much trouble", Baekhyun mumbled under his breath.

"That's cause Chanyeol is easy to scam. I can't believe you've broken into his apartment too, poor Chanyeol, I wonder how much money you took off of him", Jongdae shook his head as Baekhyun cupped his hands together.

As he opened them an orb of light floated in them.

That wasn't all, Baekhun took one of his hands and with his fingers he began to swirl the light around forming shapes and streaks. He even caught some of the light streaming in from the window, he grabbed onto it as if it was an actual solid form, and he began playing with it, twisting it each and every way. He even used it as a flashlight, lighting up different parts of the room or shining it on Jongdae's face who put up his hands to cover his eyes.

"Okay,okay,okay. You can stop with the light show, I believe you...",Jongdae trailed as Baekhyun carefully placed the light back to where it belonged.

Just to check, Jongdae himself reach for the light to try and grab onto it, but of course his hand passed right through it.

"Does that mean you're not gonna call the cops on me?", Baekhyun asked innocently but Jongdae could tell he was teasing.

"I guess not. Not right now. But anyway, are you telling me you're the god that helped Chanyeol get with Kyungsoo?", 

Baekhyun nodded, standing, he moved around Jongdae's room, curiously inspecting things.

"It wasn't too difficult. Kyungsoo wasn't an easy shell to crack open but he already had a soft spot for Chanyeol when Chanyeol came to me for help", Baekhyun said picking up some picture frames and certificates.

Jongdae was too busy trying to process the whole situation and that an actual god was standing in his room to try and stop him from prying.

"Can I ask something else?",

"I think you're going to whether I agree or not", Baekhyun couldn't help but comment.

"Well excuse me for being curious about a supernatural deity", Jongdae said,"Why did you come here personally? I mean don't god's usually work behind the scenes or something? Like an invisible sort of help?",

Baekhyun hummed as he found an old musical keyboard stashed away in Jongdae's closet he touched some keys, the sound ringing even though Jongdae was positive the thing didn't have any batteries.

"Only the well known and powerful gods and goddesses work that way. Usually because they have so many worshipers that they have to be able to watch over and help all of them, so coming personally wouldn't really be a good idea for them, it'd probably be very inconvenient. As for minor gods and goddesses such as I, we don't have many worshipers nor are we well known", Baekhyun picked up some of Jongdae's cologne sniffing it before putting it aside. Jongdae noted that Baekhyun seemed very puppy-like from the way he moved around and his pure curiosity,"The way I think of it, if I can show good service up front,the word will spread about me till I too can become a major god. It's almost like retail stores, sometimes there are small marts that are good with great service and eventually people will want more stores like that until they become a worldwide chain. Except I, unlike a few gods and goddesses I've come across, want to maintain the quality of my services even if I can longer be up and personal like this",

Jongdae nodded, he wasn't aware deities worked like stores, though the comparison made sense.

"Which is why the only payment I need and ask from you is that you spread the word of me once my services are done", Baekhyun went back to Jongdae's bed and sat cross legged on it.

"That must be why Chanyeol told me about you", Jongdae muttered thoughtfully,

At that moment a rapid knocking came from Jongdae's door.

"Speaking of", Baekhyun piped up before disappearing.