An Epilogue Pt. 1

Praying For Hearts

"Chanyeol, you're crazy", Jongdae huffed but allowed himself to be dragged to the said "love god of miracles" temple. Their respective boyfriends Kyungsoo and Minseok following closely behind.

"Look, see! Here it is! I told you!", Chanyeol pointed before Kyungsoo put down his arm.

"It's not respectful to point", Kyungsoo reminded as they all looked at the temple.

It was in nice shape, almost as if it had been re decorated.

"It's kinda small", Minseok commented.

Jongdae nodded in agreement.

"That's because this is the original temple of the love god Baekhyun. Before word of his powers and miracles spread, he has a lot of temples now, some way bigger than this. But this is the original. I'm forever thankful he helped me and Kyungsoo", Chanyeol said.

Jongdae noted the many offerings and wishes inside the temple which was also nicely kept, the windows made of window stained glass forming pictures of white peonies and two swans touching their beaks together to form a heart.

"You should leave a thank you, Jongdae. Isn't he the one who helped you find Minseok?", Chanyeol teased.

"He is?", Minseok looked at Jongdae questioningly.

Jongdae rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Well..I do remember coming here to pray and then soon I found you...", Jongdae admitted.

"That could've been a coincidence", Kyungsoo pointed out.

"That's what I think too", Jongdae agreed.

"It's not! Now pay your respects", Chanyeol ordered him.

"Why don't you pay your respects?", Jongdae shot back.

"I did, those roses and that card over there", Chanyeol went to the table of offerings and picked up a couple of red roses and small card.

"Amazing, you buy a god roses and a card yet you can't even help me wash dishes", Kyungsoo grumbled.

"Oh don't be jealous, I love you for life Soo", Chanyeol cooed.

"Then do the dishes!",

"If you help rinse", Chanyeol bargained.

"Fine, but don't start a water fight. I guarantee you, you will lose", Kyungsoo warned as Chanyeol smiled at him kissing his cheek and wrapping an arm around him.

"You guys are gross", Minseok made a face.

"Says the two who are practically married", Kyungsoo reminded as Chanyeol laughed.

"Right, right. I'll give a prayer of thanks then, since he did help me", Jongdae relented.

"I will too", Minseok stood next to him as Jongdae looked at him.

"Why are you doing it?",

Minseok smiled at him, and Jongdae marveled at how it always managed to make his heart beat a little quicker.

"Because he brought you to me, he deserves my eternal thanks for that",

Jongdae couldn't help the wide smile that came over his face.

"And we're the gross ones?", the two heard Chanyeol mumble.

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol exited the temple to look at it's surroundings as Jongdae and Minseok stayed inside both closing their eyes and bringing their hands together.

____________________________________________________________________

Baekhyun stretched out his arms, happily watching as another couple found their way to each other thanks to him.

So this is what it's like, Baekhyun thought watching his fellow assistants, minor gods who had lost their temples, but Baekhyun had picked up so they could help him so they wouldn't fade away from existence. Not that Baekhyun couldn't handle everything on his own, but it was nice seeing the smiles on the minor gods and goddesses faces when they were appreciated.

It was a busy lifestyle though, he wondered how he even managed to keep in touch with his friends like Yifan ,Luhan and Tao, but he did and he was glad. A lot of the other creatures began treating him differently ever since his status grew far from a minor god, but not those three, they always treated him the same way. Bringing him back to earth and back to his memories.

Baekhyun ran his hand through the petals of the white rose bouquet on his desk, it was still alive despite two years.

Suddenly there's a message that pops onto his desk, the letter says that there are two people praying at his temple, his first home.

Intrigued, and perhaps a bit hopeful despite himself, he personally goes and checks the temple, teleporting there.

He's invisible but he can't help the soft gasp that escapes him as he sees Jongdae, his eyes soften seeing Minseok next to him.

Hello, Mr.Baekhyun. I'm not sure if that's how I should address a god? Anyways I'd like to thank you for bringing Jongdae into my life. I know he came here to you for help, and although there are billions of people on this planet, I'm glad you thought I'd be the one who's best for him. It was you who decided, right? It was probably you who made sure I meet Jongdae at that cafe, so thank you, really. Thank you for letting us cross paths, to fall in love. I promise I'll cherish him as much as he cherishes me. I'm a bit embarrassed to say this, but I believe he is my soul mate, so once again, thank you.

Baekhyun's eyes teared at Minseok's prayer, he then turned to Jongdae.

Hi, long time no see, huh? Chanyeol's right, don't tell him I said that. I should thank you, I should've come sooner too. I've been really happy with Minseok, he's like...a puzzle piece..someone who fits well with me..yeah..I really love him. I didn't know I could love someone as much as I love him. Sorry I kinda found this whole thing and you skeptical at first, but I really do respect you and appreciate what you've done for me. It was you who made sure I meet Minseok that day, right? Thank you. Also, congrats on becoming a more well known god also for the nice temple, you probably have nicer temples now but still this one's pretty. I'm glad someone fixed it up for you. I don't think I have anything else to say except thank you...and goodbye.

Both Jongdae and Minseok opened their eyes before facing each other with a small smile.

"Let's go", Minseok took Jongdae's hand.

But just as they were exiting, Jongdae turned back.

Baekhyun was crying, so when Jongdae flashed a smile at the inside of the temple, Baekhyun couldn't help but smile back.

Goodbye, Jongdae.