A Good and Bad Day

Praying For Hearts

Jongdae slumped down on the couch letting a long sigh leave his lips.

"Long day?",Baekhyun questioned not taking his eyes off of the TV as he took a bite out of his pop tart.

"The longest",Jongdae closed his eyes tiredly, Baekhyun turned to him, noticing his tone was off.

Jongdae having bad days wasn't something new, however, none of them were necessarily bad enough that Jongdae would visibly and audibly be so upset. Jongdae would just whine and complain about the dumbest of things like he had been too cold in one of his classes,he hadn't gotten the grade he wanted for an assignment, or one of the regular customers at work didn't recognize him, but none of it was really bad.

Today, Baekhyun took notice that Jongdae looked worn out, his kitten lips holding no humor in them as they usually did. He frowned.

"What happened?",Baekhyun asked taking another bite of his pop tart.

Almost as if he had been waiting all day to let it out Jongdae sighed before speaking,"Well you know how I'm studying for graphic design?",

Baekhyun nodded,"Of course, I know everything about you. Even that your current underwear color is a hot pink",

Jongdae turned to him sharply.

"It is not!",He denied but then lowered his gaze and slightly peeked under his pants.He raised his eyes back to Baekhyun as he narrowed them,"Why do gods even need to know that anyway?",

"We don't. I was just guessing",Baekhyun smiled cheekily in an attempt to cheer Jongdae up.

Jongdae only shook his head.

"Anyways, as I was saying. You also know how I submitted a design I worked on for weeks to the school so it could be used as our official shirt logo...It was completely denied...that in itself isn't so bad, but I heard some of the voters who were students diss my design",Jongdae's smile seemed to fall more as he seemed to remember the words his design was called, which ranged to ugly and then trash,he always knew his fellow college classmates could be brutal he just hadn't realized how much."And then I got fired from the cafe because they needed to make a spot for the manager's brother",

"But you're good at your job and your design was amazing",Baekhyun couldn't understand why these unfair things were happening to Jongdae, now he felt as upset as him too.

"The world is brutal",Jongdae simply replied.

Baekhyun sat in thought for a minute while Jongdae blankly stared at the TV. In a moment, Baekhyun stood up, leaving his half finished pop tart behind before he entered the kitchen.

Jongdae raised an eyebrow, but said nothing, he wasn't really in the mood to question the god's antics. He wasn't really in the mood for anything, all he knew was that A. People didn't like his design, so what guaranteed him a job for the one thing he was studying for when he wasn't even good at it? and B. He'd have to start looking for a new job since rent was nearing and he wasn't sure he'd have enough to cover it now that he was fired.

As Jongdae's head was swarming with thoughts, Baekhyun appeared, dishes hovering behind him as he set the table in front of Jongdae with food,mostly steamed buns and a hotpot.

Jongdae blinked at the food set out in front of him before turning to look at Baekhyun.

"What is this?",

"What do you mean? It's dinner,of course!",Baekhyun smiled at him.

He was only gone for five minutes, I know he's a god but he's never used his magic for food before,Jongdae thought, and almost as if sensing his thoughts, Baekhyun picked up his half eaten pop tart before plopping down on the couch next to him.

"The food I conjure up doesn't taste the same to me as it does to you. I can magically poof up a whole buffet but it tastes stale and bland to me, while it actually tastes good to you. Food given to me by you or other humans however actually has taste",Baekhyun explained.

"Then why did you do this?",Jongdae gestured to the table in front of him,"If you can't taste it?",

"Why do you think? To make you feel a bit better, nothing better than good food after a long day,right?",Baekhyun grinned shooting a thumbs up at him.

Jongdae allowed himself to smile back a little too, thankful for Baekhyun's kind gesture. Thankful for Baekhyun in general.

"What will you eat then?",Jongdae questioned feeling guilty he'd devour the whole thing while Baekhyun could only watch.

Baekhyun happily held up his pop tart.

"These are the best things I've had in decades, trust me I'll be fine",

"If you say so...",

"Worry not my duckling, I'm full just watching you eat and gain happiness",

"Can you stop calling me that",Jongdae whined, ignoring that Baekhyun's last comment had actually flattered Jongdae.

"I could but I won't. It fits you",

"In what way does a duck fit me? I look nothing like a duck!",

"No but when you talk I imagine little quacks. Quack,quack, quack. And then when you get angry it's quack!Quack!Quack!",Baekhyun imitated the noises of a normal and then angry duck, even adding wing flapping motions which made Jongdae laugh. Baekhyun laughed along, liking that he had succeeded in bringing a smile to Jongdae's face after his long day.

_____________________________________________________________

The next day, Jongdae had already been feeling better, finding that Baekhyun's presence was more healing than annoying when it came down to it.

Not that he'd ever admit that to the god, who'd probably use it as a tool to mock Jongdae more than he already did honestly.

However, his day got even better when he found out that although his design was rejected for the school, certain clubs and organizations saw his skills and sought him out so that he could create a logo for them and even better, get paid for it.

Also, on Jongdae's way home having already five designs to do, all paid jobs, he spotted a sign for a part time job at a bakery. Thinking on it, Jongdae went inside and after a brief interview landed himself the job, which he would start later that week.

Jongdae continued on his way home feeling happier than he had the day before, and as he neared his apartment he happened upon forty dollars on the ground. The exact amount he'd needed to fully pay his rent.

Wow, was his luck amazing today,Jongdae thought, but a thought in the back of his head felt this might be more than just good coincidences and pure luck.

As he entered, Jongdae was greeted very brightly by the landlady who actually even offered to extend his rent due date till next week.

Okay, definitely something is weird. His landlady was a cranky woman, he was positive he'd never seen her smile only smirk evilly. Maybe not evilly, but thats how he saw it. And extending the rent due date? Only a miracle could've made her say those words,Jongdae thought as he headed up to his apartment.

A miracle...huh...

Suddenly, Jongdae had an idea as to why everything had been going so good today. He smiled to himself as he entered the apartment.

/////////////////////////////////

A.N: HIIII IM NOT GONE OR GIVING UP ON THIS im so sorry ive been gone for so long. School is hectic. I'll be getting a break in a week so i'll hopefully update more then. for now have this and im working on the next part already. thank you to everyone who's subscribed and commented i love you guys and i came back for you all <3 <3