A Heartbreak

Praying For Hearts

Baekhyun reappeared, no longer invisible, for a moment he allowed himself to believe that Jongdae's I love you was for him.

He smiled sadly at the closed doors, wiping at his tears.

A hand was placed on his shoulder as something fluttered against his cheek.

Baekhyun turned and saw the fluttering was Luhan and the hand was Yifan, both who smiled at him sympathetically and comfortingly.

"How did-?",Baekhyun was about to question how they knew to come but Yifan only offered a shrug.

"Dragon's intuition",

"That's not a thing",Baekhyun countered.

"We're here aren't we?",

Baekhyun only smiled a small smile at that.

"Tao's throwing a heart break party if you're interested in coming", Luhan offered.

"What kind of person throws a heart break party on Valentine's of all days?", Baekhyun couldn't help but chuckle.

"Apparently, Tao, now come on. We don't wanna disappoint him", Yifan said.

"I heard he invited a lot of other creatures, we've all got your back Baekhyun", Luhan said against his ear as Yifan transformed into a dragon.

Baekhyun too worn out to teleport sat on him holding on and Luhan landed on Baekhyun's shoulder.

"That and all of you creatures love your lame parties", Yifan stated telepathically.

"You're just mad this is the only one we've invited you to", Luhan pointed out.

"I'm surprised you're not doing anything about that statement", Baekhyun commented as Yifan flew above the clouds towards the forest.

"Only because I can't reach Luhan and kick him off", Yifan replied.

"Hey! Respect your elders, I was only stating the truth", Luhan scolded.

Baekhyun grinned a bit as Luhan and Yifan engaged in a playful argument.

He let his eyes wander down, peeking through the clouds seeing bits of the city.

His heart ached already, missing Jongdae.

Missing his smile, his loud laugh, his loud voice, his loud personality.

He missed his kitten smile and high cheekbones. He missed calling him a duck and seeing him pout or whine.

He missed his teasing, his comforting, his voice as he sang, singing more beautiful than any other mythical creature he's ever come across.

He missed being in his arms, on his bed, on the couch, eating with him, looking at him, talking to him.

He missed him so much he felt his heart might explode.

Baekhyun felt a tap to his cheek and he turned seeing Luhan give him a look.

"He might not remember you, but I'm sure he feels he's missing you too. This was the best you could do for him, Baek", Luhan said and Baekhyun nodded a sigh leaving his lips.

He knew that.

He knew that he couldn't have been with Jongdae.

Even if he was sure now, sure that Jongdae could've...and did reciprocate his feelings, he knew it in the way Jongdae had pulled him closer, wanted him close, the way he'd leaned in to him, the way his heart had joined with Baekhyun's.

But he couldn't take him for himself. He wanted Jongdae to be happy with Minseok, that was a sure happiness.

Maybe he could've been happy with Baekhyun, maybe they could've been the exception...but for how long? At the end of the day Jongdae was still mortal and Baekhyun immortal.

It was best for both of them to severe their ties now.

And for that his memory of Baekhyun had to go. All of their memories of meeting him had to go.

He just wished he could erase his own memory.

"Are you guys already starting the heartbreak party? Sheesh, so impatient. I'm pretty sure Tao started already too", Yifan said nearing the forest.

"Please, I know you saw Junmyeon and that guy", Luhan told him just as Yifan got near Tao's river, at the sudden mention of Junmyeon he transformed making both Luhan and Baekhyun fall into Tao's river.

"You guys made it! Here Baekhyun, I found some good seaweed, for your broken heart", Tao offered some to a now resurfaced Baekhyun, Luhan on top of his head glaring at a smirking Yifan.

"Thanks", Baekhyun took the seaweed taking a bite out of it.

"Let the heartbreak party, commence!", Tao announced as animals and creatures gathered, some breaking out into a song, others into dance.

"I feel like I'm in a Disney movie", Yifan said.

"You and me both. Seaweed?", Baekhyun offered as Yifan took some and then offered Luhan a bite of it too after he had transformed into a human form.

_______________________________________________________________

The party began to get in full swing when night came, Baekhyun wasn't really feeling up to it but he felt a sense of comfort knowing he had his friends and this world and this forest always.

But even here memories of Jongdae remained.

Here he had brought Jongdae.

And here, Jongdae had marked the sky.

Baekhyun looked up at the stars.

 'Baekhyun ...less than I thought he would- love Jongdae :3' 

Baekhyun  laughed quietly to himself.

When he thought about it, there was no use in forgetting Jongdae.

He doesn't think he'd want to forget him.

"I love you Jongdae", He said softly, "Please be happy...and take care of Noodle",

He knows his words won't reach Jongdae, but still he feels somewhat comforted.

Comforted, even when his vision blurs again and his heart hurts again.

Comforted because he knows Jongdae will be happy and loved.

That was his wish, to love and be loved. 

And Baekhyun knows Minseok and Jongdae will be the most loving and happy match. And that's all that matters to him.