A Confession

Praying For Hearts

"Baek, what's the matter?", Jongdae questioned.

They were outside of the venue. The sun setting in the background.

Baekhyun didn't look like himself, he looked nervous, he looked like he was bracing himself to say something important.

"Is this the poptart thing again?",Jongdae narrowed his eyes at Baekhyun suspiciously.

Baekhyun barked out a laugh.

"I really wish it was",He was smiling but even that smile was tense making Jongdae realize whatever it was, was serious.

"What is it?",Jongdae asked quietly.

Baekhyun wasn't looking at him, was looking at anywhere but him.

"This has been...the best month of my life...and I've had a pretty long life...400 years to be exact",

Jongdae's eyes widened at the revelation.

"Oh my god...You're so old-no offense",

Baekhyun cracked a smile.

"Yeah, I know. But I'm relatively young among gods you know. Yet this has been the best month, you know why?",

Jongdae said nothing, although he had a feeling.

"Because I met you Jongdae. You who allowed me to stay in your home, treated me like your friend, who was whiny and annoying and fun to tease and play with, but who was also sweet and caring and understanding...who became someone important to me",

"You became important to me too",Jongdae interjected, remembering something. He reached into his coat pocket, from there he pulled out a small square envelope and offered it to Baekhyun who looked at him confused. "Happy Valentine's by the way",

Surprised, Baekhyun gently takes the envelope, Jongdae smiling encouragingly at him to open it.

When he opens it, a soft smile graces Baekhyun's face.

Baekhyun takes out the necklace inside, a white dove inside a silver pendant.

"You reminded me of that dove, you know since doves are a symbol of love right? At least I think so, plus it's white and you love that color, you wear it all the time",Jongdae shrugged,"In a way it's my own nickname to you always calling me a duck",

Baekhyun is touched, but his heart ached more, why did Jongdae have to make him fall for him even now?

He put it on nonetheless and Jongdae nodded in approval.

"Thank you Jongdae",Baekhyun said sincerely.

"It's the least I could do for what you've done for me",

Baekhyun shook his head.

"I think you've done a lot for me...Every moment we've shared was really fun, it was enjoyable...it made me feel happy...it made my heart warm",Jongdae noticed that although Baekhyun was smiling, the tone in his voice was wavering. "I'm going to miss it...I'm going to miss you a lot, I'm going to miss Noodle. I'm going to miss sleeping next to you and eating with you, talking to you, seeing Chanyeol and Kyungsoo and all your other friends and just also being your friend,being close to you...This ball was lovely, I wish we could've danced"

"What are you saying?", Jongdae furrowed his brows.

What was Baekhyun talking about? Why was Jongdae getting a bad feeling at the pit of his stomach?

Baekhyun smiled at him, it was as bright as ever even if his eyes sparkled with tears.

"I'm saying this is goodbye Jongdae...it was nice knowing you, and loving you", Baekhyun finally said. He felt a weight lift from his heart at finally having said the words to him.

"Goodbye? What? Are you going back to your temple? Because we said we'd see each other still and-wait, did you just say you love me?!", Jongdae's eyes widened.

Baekhyun was in love with him?

Actually in love with him?!

"I did. I love you Kim Jongdae, I've loved you for awhile now. I hope you and Minseok live in blissful happiness", Baekhyun stepped closer as Jongdae's breath caught in his throat. 

Jongdae was trying to process what Baekhyun had said, that what it was true,that Baekhyun had really just confessed to him, that he was coming closer to Jongdae and that Jongdae was making no move to push him away. 

Baekhyun placed a hand on his cheek, it was soft and warm, Jongdae stared into Baekhyun's eyes, eyes that were mesmerizing and filled with so much emotion that Jongdae felt in his own heart. 

He placed his lips softly onto Jongdae's, who had never felt so right, had never known his lips could fit so perfectly, so comfortably against anyone else's. 

Jongdae sighed happily, he tilted his head and leaned in more, pulling Baekhyun closer to him by his waist. Feeling his insides fluttering and electricity coursing through his body.

In that moment, it was as if everything made sense, in that moment it was just them, and that's all Jongdae needed...and he realized...all that he wanted.

But as Baekhyun deepened the kiss Jongdae's mind began to spin, he was starting to feel dizzy, he thought he needed air so when he pulled away and fluttered his eyes open he stared dumbfounded in front of him.

He looked around him but there was no one in sight, he looked off at the sunset, it was gorgeous.

Purples and pinks flowing into hues of yellow and orange...

He stared at it for awhile...and he was trying to remember why he was out there...how he had gotten out there...

Jongdae had a nagging feeling he was supposed to be remembering something...maybe someone...he knows something feels off...something feels different...didn't it?...what was he forgetting?...Why couldn't he remember?

Just then, someone exited the venue to where he was and Jongdae turned before smiling, seeing it was Minseok.

So that must be why Jongdae was out here, to wait for Minseok who smiled right back at him.

"There you are, I was looking for you", Minseok said coming to stand next to Jongdae and taking his hand.

They intertwined their fingers before Jongdae placed a kiss to Minseok's temple.

"I was just enjoying the view...but it got better", Jongdae said turning away from the sunset, towards Minseok who was bathed in the colors of the sunset, pink, yellow and orange.

He grinned.

"You're so cheesy",

"You love it", Jongdae countered.

"That I do... and I love you", Minseok told Jongdae who felt his heart grow warm before he leaned in to place his lips on Minseok's who wrapped his arms around Jongdae's neck to hold him closer. Holding him like the puzzle piece he'd always been missing.

"I love you too", Jongdae whispered pulling away as he took Minseok's hand once to head back inside. 

Taking one last look at the setting sun, that nagging feeling that he was forgetting something was ringing in the back of his mind.

The ringing stopped as Minseok tugged on Jongdae's hand and Jongdae turned away following him inside back to the ball.