An Enlightening Meeting

Praying For Hearts

"Hey! Where'd you go?", Jongdae spun as he looked around the room before he heard his apartment door open along with the voices of Kyungsoo and Chanyeol.

Jongdae left his room only to see Kyungsoo holding one of Jongdae's ,previously dropped,  textbooks up like a shield as he stood protectively in front of Chanyeol who was trying to say something, meanwhile Baekhyun just looked at them, a smile on his face.

Kyungsoo spotted Jongdae first.

"Jongdae! You're alive, I thought this guy did something to you", Kyungsoo said still staring wearily at Baekhyun.

"I've been trying to tell you, Soo, Baekhyun isn't a bad guy. He's the god I told you helped me get together with you", Chanyeol interrupted.

"It's a pleasure to finally get to introduce myself to you Kyungsoo", Baekhyun offered his hand.

Kyungsoo looks back to Chanyeol who only nods encouragingly with a smile and then to Jongdae who shrugged.

"I didn't believe it either but from what I've seen he's telling the truth", Jongdae confirmed.

Kyungsoo handed Chanyeol the textbook as he shook hands with Baekhyun.

"I still don't believe it...Weren't you saying he was going to kill you?", Kyungsoo asked Jongdae.

"That's when I thought he was a weirdo who broke into my apartment, apparently he's here to help me after I prayed to him", Jongdae explained.

"So that means you took my advice!", Chanyeol happily grinned,"And my payment to you is paid", He addressed Baekhyun who had already moved on from the familiar guests, having taken the textbook from Chanyeol's hands and flipping through it.

"Yes it is and I thank you. Although Jongdae is already going to be difficult to work with, if him calling you two because he thought I was a crazy killer says anything", Baekhyun closed the book, finding the subject boring.

"Excuse me for reacting like any normal and sane person would",Jongdae crossed his arms with a huff.

"What exactly did you ask of him?", Kyungsoo curiously asked.

"Was it something like true love? Or soulmates?",Chanyeol added also interested.

"Is that what you asked for?",Jongdae raised his eyebrows.

"Of course not. I just asked to be with Kyungsoo, because I already know he's my true love and soul mate", Chanyeol answered so bluntly and assured,  it made Kyungsoo blush. Jongdae smiled at his friends.

"Truly an adorable pair", Baekhyun commented a smile on his own face as his eyes went over Jongdae's movie collection, occasionally pulling one out before putting it back.

"Would you stop going through my things",Jongdae whined but was ignored as Baekhyun continued his exploring so Jongdae turned back to the couple ,"All I asked was for him to help me find someone who can match with me nicely",

"If I can interrupt, his actual words were and I quote ,"I'd like to meet someone,someone that matches well with me.I don't really ask for much,as long as I can get along with them,as long as they're genuine and nice,as long as they're willing to love me as I'll love them",end quote", Baekhyun smiled cheekily at the sight of an embarrassed Jongdae.

"That's an abuse of power! Aren't these things supposed to be confidential?", Jongdae argued.

"Wow, Jongdae, that's really touching",Kyungsoo blinked in surprise.

"I never knew you wanted to be loved, that's so sweet!",Chanyeol wiped fake tears.

"Shut up",Jongdae told them before he turned and pointed towards Baekhyun,"And you! Just help me with this so we can be done already",

"Patience, my duckling", Baekhyun held up a finger.

Did he just call me a duck? Jongdae mentally scoffed.

"Love cannot be rushed. There's a reason I've been prodding through your things, not only because I'm nosy but I get to see parts of you and your personality, so that I can therefore seek out someone who will match with you",

"Have you found anything?",Kyungsoo tilted his head.

"Does that mean you believe us now?",Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo.

"No. But I'd like to see where this goes",

"I have a few people in mind, but I need to search more, none of them quite 'fit' with Jongdae the way I want them to", Baekhyun admitted.

"How do you want them to fit with me?",Jongdae raised an eyebrow.

"Like a puzzle piece. The ones in mind fit but they don't form the picture I'm looking for",

Jongdae wondered what picture that was, he was also curious about the people Baekhyun had in mind already.

"Well, we just came to make sure you weren't dying. It seems like everything's under control here, so we'll leave",Kyungsoo announced.

"Wait! You're gonna leave me alone with him?",Jongdae stopped them.

"You were alone with him before we got here", Chanyeol pointed out.

"It's different now, I could've still tried to pretend I was hallucinating but now that you guys saw him...I realize it's real. He's real.",

Chanyeol patted his shoulder comfortingly.

"You'll be fine. He's harmless and a really nice god, take care Jongdae", Chanyeol gave a wave as Kyungsoo pulled him out of the apartment.

Jongdae turned after the door was closed, he saw Baekhyun sitting on the sofa,his legs crossed and chin propped on his hand, staring at him. Analyzing him.

"Um..I know you're searching for my match and that's why you're doing that..but can you make it less...intense?",Jongdae suggested as Baekhyun blinked.

"Oh, my bad",Baekhyun sat up straight, his hands on his knees as he uncrossed them. He stared at Jongdae once again, his new posture more disturbing.

"That's..that's not what I-never mind. Hey, do god's eat food? I was thinking of making kimbap or some noodles, does that sound good?",

Baekhyun blinked again.

"Does that mean I can stay?",

Jongdae frowned.

"I thought you were going to either way, whether I allowed it or not",

This time Baekhyun frowned.

"What kind of mannerless god do you think I am? I wouldn't stay here if you didn't let me", Jongdae refused to point out the fact that he had not only broken into Jongdae's apartment but had refused to leave earlier ,"It does make my job easier. Teleporting can get tiring for me, especially with the distance from my home to here",

Jongdae remembered the temple Chanyeol had first told him about was two cities away, and then further wedged into some forests, barely kept together and slightly run down.

"Well then, yes, it does mean you can stay here",

Baekhyun smiled.

"In that case dinner sounds delicious! Gods do eat by the way, we have a fairly large appetite mostly filled through the faith of our worshipers but since I don't have many, mortal food is just as good",

"Okay, don't expect too much though, I am still a struggling college student", Jongdae reminded as Baekhyun nodded.

As Jongdae went towards the kitchen he began to wonder about what exactly he had just agreed to. Living with a god, a god who would help him find his match, his missing puzzle piece but also a god who was quite childish and puppy like. A god who can control light and teleport and a god who liked going through his things and staring intensely at him.

He supposed this was the consequence of listening to Chanyeol in the first place.