Prologue- A Call For Help

Praying For Hearts

Jongdae thought it was stupid, incredibly stupid even, but really there was no actual harm in trying.

So, putting his hands in a prayer form and closing his eyes, Jongdae begins to pray to the "love god of miracles" as Chanyeol had dubbed the god named Baekhyun. Chanyeol also claimed it was the same god who had brought Chanyeol and Kyungsoo together, though Jongdae believes it was more Chanyeol's determined plan to woo an already wooed Kyungsoo.

Still, Valentine's Day was coming up in a month, and Jongdae did think it would be nice to show up to Junmyeon and Yixing's ''Love Ball'' with someone he liked, not just a stranger or a friend, but someone he was genuinely interested in.

However he couldn't help but wonder why he was praying to this god instead of the goddess Aphrodite, after all, wasn't she the goddess of romance and beauty? Yet Chanyeol had insisted and when Chanyeol insists you kinda have to listen or he'll pester you until you do.

God of love and light, god of flowers and starry nights, hear my call, hear my prayer. I'd like to meet someone, someone that matches well with me. I don't really ask for much, as long as I can get along with them, as long as they're genuine and nice, as long as they're willing to love me as I'll love them...

Jongdae stops, opening his eyes, he feels embarrassed.

Even then he continues, taking a few white roses before he places them on the table of offerings.

Most of the other flowers and gifts there are few and scarce, since this god isn't one well known. He wonders how Chanyeol came across this god, but it is Chanyeol and Jongdae finds it's better not to question it.

He doesn't actually believe praying will work, at the same time he thinks it was nice to try out.

Realistically, he needs to start looking around and see which one of his friends is still single or is willing to go with him to the ball.