friends

because

jihoon: I want to be with you woojin. But I know that once we leave this beach, there’s no chance to bring back the feelings. Sometimes people who love each other, just aren’t meant for each other.

woojin: How can you tell?

jihoon: Just the feeling, you know, the vibe. I can tell that these wavering feeling between us are going to go away eventually. The way you look at me. The way I look at you. The love isn’t quite there. The smile on your face, it isn’t from me anymore. 

woojin: how can you even tell what my smile is from?

jihoon: from your words.

woojin: what? I’ve only been talking to you and about you for the past hour.

jihoon: earlier you said ‘I love you.’ but I remember the first time you told me those words. And I don’t know if that’s something you caught, but you sounded incredibly different than the first time you told me. It sounded, kinda, I don’t know, forced? Like as if you were practicing it before, as if you were already planning out this conversation a while ago. these things shouldn’t be forced or practiced. Love isn’t practiced and definitely should not be forced. 

woojin: But i’m not even forcing you to love me?

jihoon: Of course you aren’t. You’re forcing yourself to love me. I already knew that your feelings were repeatedly going up and down and you’re trying to convince yourself that it’s a lot higher than it truly is. 

woojin: how did you figure this all out? And so fast? And so abruptly?

jihoon: woojin, even though we may not be together, we were and hopefully still are best friends. I’ve learned so much about you, and you’ve learned so much about me. We’ve been through so much and our friendship is something incredibly close to my heart. That’s why I don’t want to lose you, no, why I can’t lose you. 

woojin: [smiles] Thank you for always being here for me. Even after our group disbands, be my friend please. You’ve helped me grow and love so much and I really cannot bear to imagine not seeing you anymore. 

jihoon: [smiles] woojin. We’re always going to be with each other. I mean, that’s something I was able to learn in this conversation too.