new

because

[day of disbandment]

guanlin: hyung ~ are we never going to see each other again? I don’t want that to happen. I wish we didn’t have to separate 

jaehwan: me too. but jonghyun’s been complaining too much

minhyun: hey- where’s jihoon and woojin?

sungwoon: where do you think? [smirks]

[outside the dorm]

woojin: please promise to contact me everyday, and if you can’t then every other day, and if you can’t even do that at least once a week. Please. 

jihoon: It that our entire group have to separate now, I’ve known those guys for too long and I’ll miss them too much. I’ve known you for too long and I’ll miss you probably the most. You were always by my side, so thank you. I’ll call you everyday if I can, don’t worry. Our friendship can’t and won’t end.

woojin: thank you [smiles]. We should head inside now and say goodbye to everyone else. I’m going to miss all of them so much it hurts. 

So the thing is, after the disbandment, they did contact each other very often, almost everyday. But we all know that sometimes, these distances get to us and break apart some things that are close to our hearts. This lasted a couple months. In the first few weeks after the disbandment of Wanna One, the two talked everyday. Yet of course, as the months went on, the calls and texts became much more minimal as the two were too occupied with their goal of debuting once again. And eventually, those minimal contacts became nothing, and in a year, the two completely became distant from each other. Life . Because even some of the most important things in your life seem to drift away eventually. You try to grasp on to an idea of something to the point that it completely vanishes. and their friendship just happened to be one of those important things. However, this isn’t the end for them, but merely the beginning of a new chapter. New opportunities. New experiences. New memories. New feelings. A new start to something they both needed. Each other.