attachment

because

[text message]

 

Yeah! We can just meet there at 6.

 

[end of message]

 

Jihoon looked down at his phone, grinning from ear to ear. He knew that he had messed up from that night of the concert, but he was totally ecstatic that Woojin didn’t actually give up entirely on him. Truthfully, Jihoon didn’t have the confidence to tell Woojin how he felt. And he was pretty glad that Woojin was a speak-your-mind type that would do what he wanted. So, he was pretty glad that he took the initiative to text Woojin first to clarify plans. 

 

Jihoon didn’t have practice and he was more than happy about it; in his mind, he would need the entire day to plan for tonight. You see, Jihoon would never just do things spontaneously. He had to carefully think things out and figure out every single scenario. He was always scared of what could go wrong and what could go right. Because he was so sensitive to love, he couldn’t help but to worry. A lot.

 

So, his head was racing like hell. He didn’t know what he would wear, what he would say to Woojin, and how he would tell Hyein. At this point, his relationship with Hyein was like those of siblings, so he realized that maybe he shouldn’t tell her yet. She was the type to get very involved, and for once, Jihoon needed complete control over the situation. Because if he didn’t, then the chances of him going insane would be skyrocketing.

 

Then, Jihoon ran back to his empty apartment, as Hyein had left earlier. He quickly ran to his closet, emptying every drawer in stress of not knowing what to wear. And after deciding that he had absolutely no acceptable clothes in the piles of rejected fashion items all over his floor, he drove to the mall in hopes of finding anything that he thought was exceptional (when I said that Jihoon thought over things a lot before doing it, I meant it!!). 

 

At this point, Jihoon was pretty much used to all the stares. He knew he was attractive, he wasn’t going to deny it. So even himself thought that it was a little crazy to reject all these pretty girls for one stupid, crazy, and psychotic person. But Jihoon still liked him regardless, and he kind of liked him a lot. He really did have feelings for Woojin, and he really didn’t want to mess things up again. And even through all the paper slips with phone numbers, stares, and gestures that sometimes weren’t the most appropriate, he focused on one person.

 

However, those few hours came a lot sooner than both of them expected. And in all truthfulness, they were going insane. Stressed over clothes, transportation, and everything in general, these two lovesick boys were going to rip their hair and hearts out. As Jihoon re-did his hair for the seventh time, Woojin was screaming at Donghyun and Daehwi for having such a bad fashion sense. But regardless, they both still made it there on time.

 

After all the struggles and obstacles, Woojin walked into the korean bbq restaurant to find Jihoon sitting at a table, alone and looking very fine, in his opinion. He slowly walked up to the table, catching Jihoon’s attention and receiving a wide smile from the boy. Both of their hearts were about to burst out of their chests and they truly felt as if they were about to start melting at that moment. 

 

Taken back by his visuals, Jihoon stared at Woojin for a few seconds before telling him to sit. Jihoon really tried not to be embarrassing and shy, but when the love of his life was siting directly across from his, oozing boyfriend vibes, he couldn’t help to feel butterflies. But on Woojin’s side, it was pretty equal. 

 

Uncomfortable from the awkward silence, Woojin spoke up, “Thank you for coming out here.” Jihoon looked at him, a little stunned by the interference of the silence and the bold statement. 

 

“Woojin, let’s go,” Jihoon said quickly while looking down. “Go where?” Woojin asked innocently, confused why Jihoon would say this so abruptly, especially since they just sat down.

 

“Somewhere to talk.”

 

“But- why?”

 

“We didn’t even order anything for them to charge us, and we both know what was going to happen tonight. So might as well get it over with.”

 

Woojin looked at him in shock before reluctantly following Jihoon out the restaurant, despite the confused stares from all the workers. But the stares were the least of their worries as Jihoon grabbed Woojin’s wrist and began walking somewhere. But alas,  everything would make sense to Woojin, and it did when he saw where they were.

 

“Jihoon, what the ? Why are we here again!”

 

Jihoon smirked before taking off his shoes and sitting down on the sand. This was where their relationship ended the first time, and he wanted it to be the place where it would begin. Yes, he was all into that cliche stuff, but he was really all into Woojin. 

 

“Jihoon! Why did you take us here! I want to eat!” Woojin whined cutely. 

 

“Stop acting cute and sit down, oh my god,” Jihoon said as he rolled his eyes at the over-dramatic Woojin. But of course, Woojin complied and sat down next to Jihoon, running his fingers through the sand. 

 

“Woojin, do you like me?” Jihoon asked quietly, looking down so that Woojin wouldn’t be able to see his face turning red. “Do you like me?” Woojin simply replied, and unlike Jihoon, mustering up the courage to look at Jihoon directly. Shocked from how confident he was, Jihoon looked up, locking their gazes, “You know that I really do.”

 

“Then why did you reject me at the concert?”

 

Jihoon sighed deeply to himself before looking Woojin in the eyes and saying, “Because I was scared. I was scared of my own feelings because I never felt so strongly about someone. Because I love you. And sometimes I think I’m an idiot for attaching myself to you over these years, but I did.”