swings

because

Jihoon POV

I really can’t understand Woojin. First of all, he takes me out unexpectedly. Then, he makes me leave when I really don’t want to. Seriously this guy. Look at him in front of me. Just pulling me by the wrist to the park nearby. What is this? A k-drama? 

“What even, Woojin?” I said kind of impatiently. “Just relax. You’re still an idol and people were taking pictures of you and me together.” he said. “So, what? I’ll just say you’re a friend.” I whined to him, desperately wanting to go back to the welcoming sounds of the soothing rnb playing near the food stands. 

“Ok, but you’re supposed to be practicing. You have a comeback in like a month. What will people think of you if you go out instead?”

”It’s not a big deal. I’ve already practiced for like 10 hours today.”

“Yeah, But you still lack a lot.” Woojin joked just as I hit him in the back, which received a very high-pitched scream.

”What the hell, Jihoon?”

”What did you really expect Woojin?” I asked him while trying , and failing, to stifle my laughter. 

God, I would give up practice any day to spend time with Woojin. 

Woojin finally pulled me into the park and immediately ran to the swing set. 

Geez. What a kid.

”Jihoon! Sit. I haven’t been to a playground in so long!”

”You’re so childish.”

”I think you just need to live your life out a little more.”

And he was right. My life became so dull recently. Just practice. Practice. Practice. I mean, you have to practice constantly to be an idol, but you should still be able to enjoy life at times. Right? Well, obviously. 

“Hey! Park!” yelled Woojin in my face, which was able to receive a scream from me.

”What was that for?” I shrieked at him. “I asked you a question like three times and you didn’t answer!” pouted Woojin. I don’t know why he acts like that to be completely honest. When we were promoting with Wanna One, he always had this cool and haughty image to the public, but when the cameras were off, he literally acted like a kid at all times. Always pouting. Always doing cute acts. Always whining like a four year old.

Cute.

”Hey, can you explain something to me?” I asked him after thinking for a bit while Woojin was blabbering some nonsense about his favorite underground artist. Dawn, I think.

”Yeah, what is it?” he replied to me with a really cute confused face. “Did you really bring me out here to get me away from the cameras?” “Yeah. Why?” he replied instantly without thought. 

“Oh, no reason.”

Truthfully, I actually wanted the reason he brought me out here was so that he could be with me. Alone. Jesus Jihoon. Why is your mind racing like this?

Why is your heart racing like this, Jihoon?

But nonetheless, he brought me out here for the one reason he adamantly gave me. And eventually as our hands brushed past each other on the swings, I think both of our hearts fluttered. 

And soon, those small encounters of our hands meeting unexpectedly, became a lot more planned and expected.