AKANISHI MAKI

Fall For You

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nii-chan! (Brother!) Give me back my book!" Maki wailed as she chased Jin around the house.

"I don't want to!" Jin smirked.

"Oi! (Hey!) Jin! Aren't you being childish? Give Maki back her book" Haru scolded.

When she caught up with him, she knocked him down the floor then she wrestled her brother.

"Give me back my book damn it!" She shrieked.

"Fine, fine! Just get off of me already" Jin pleaded.

When Maki got her book back, she ran up to her room and locked herself in like what she always does.

Days passed by since that dreadful accident that unexpected night. The three of them were raised by a rich couple whose life had been taken away because of a stupid thing called money. Although it's difficult to move on, they knew they had to. Their parents were such good people but why did they have to suffer and encounter such a brutal method of death? Their once perfect life was now turned into a miserable one.

"Tadaima! (I'm home!)" Kame yelled from downstairs.

She doesn't give a damn about her surroundings. All she wants is to be alone.

"Moshi Moshi? (Hello?)" She answered her phone.

Of course she already knew who it was. Although she's a complete loner, she still had a best friend like normal people do.

"Kanata? Anything wrong?" She asked before her best friend could say something.

"Nothing. I just got bored. School's starting tomorrow, are you excited?" He asked.

"No, not at all. I was planning to skip school and stay at home but I knew you'd get lonely so I'll just endure it." She explained.

"Um okay, I'll see you tomorrow" He said then hanged up.

Maki was wondering why Kanata doesn't have a girlfriend yet. Maybe it was because he always sticks around her and people get the wrong idea about them being together when they're not and maybe because he was a geek like her.

"Maki-chan, where's Jin and Haru?" Kame asked when he entered Maki's room without knocking.

"I don't know. They were downstairs a while ago. Maybe they got bored and decided to have some FUN if you know what I mean" She rolled her eyes.

Since their parents’ death, her brothers have gone violent. They weren't home most of the time and when they do get home, their bodies were filled with bruises and blood.

"Oh, another fight. When will they ever stop doing that? They should be mature enough since they're older than you don't you think?" Kame asked.

"Don't you get involved in fights too?" Maki turned to face her cousin, Kame.

"Yeah I do but I'm more mature than they are" He said.

Kame has been living with them in their huge house that their parents left them because it was near the school and he was an only child so he would get bored at his own house so that's why he decided to live in his cousins' house.

"You should scold your brothers, it's for the better. They only listen to you" Kame told Maki then he went out of her room.

She had to admit, she doesn't like the idea that her brothers had gone violent but she doesn't want to scold them because it's none of her business.

"I hope I get to see HER tomorrow in school" She sighed then went to sleep. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Isn't it great that we have the same class?" Kanata grinned as they walked their way to their classroom.

"Yeah" Maki replied softly. She was hoping that THEY would have the same class like last year.

When they got in their classroom, she quickly searched for HER but unfortunately, she wasn't there. Maki sighed again.

"Kanata, sit beside me okay?" She turned to face him.

He flashed her a sweet smile then nodded.

When class started, Maki decided to sleep like what she always does during class. She doesn't pay any attention at all yet she's one of the smartest people of their batch.

Kanata stared at her sleeping face then smiled again. 'Kawaii!' He said in his mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Maki woke up, it was already lunch.

"Kanata, why didn't you wake me up?" Maki yawned.

"I didn't want to disturb you from your sleep" Kanata said.

They were the only ones left in the classroom because the others had gone to the cafeteria.

"Maki-chan! Come with me!" Kame panted as he grabbed Maki's hand then he grabbed her out the classroom.

"What's wrong? Slow down a little" Maki panted behind Kame.

He was still running very fast then he finally stopped when they reached a bridge and below it were her brothers fighting against a couple of guys who looked like gangsters. They were now lying on the grass and the other guys continued to kick them.

Maki sighed then said, "This is so troublesome" She went down under the bridge where her brothers were then she removed her reading glasses.

"Hey, stop kicking them already. They look pretty lifeless now so why don't you just go back to where you pieces of came from" Maki said calmly.

The guys turned to face her with their angry faces.

"It's none of your ing business!" One guy shrieked.

"Of course it's my ing business! Their my brothers, how can they not be my ing business?" Maki sighed again.

One guy started charging at her and he was about to punch her but Maki caught his hand.

"Because of you guys, I didn't get to eat my lunch. But it doesn't matter since I'm not hungry but still, I might see HER in the cafeteria today" Maki said.

She punched the guy in the stomach and she was now getting impatient.

"I don't want to get sweaty! Just get lost already!" She flashed the other guys her fury eyes which made them run away like sissies.

She offered both of her hands to help her brothers get up.

"You're both really troublesome. And why aren't you in school? Do you plan to skip school like I also planned to? but I changed my mind so you should also change your crazy minds too" Maki said seriously.

"We're sorry. We didn't mean to bother you. We promise you it won't happen again" Haru promised.

"Don't promise me when you don't mean it. You said this many times before but it wasn't true" She frowned.

"Kame, why didn't you help them?" Maki asked curiously.

"Um, I didn't want to get involved so I just asked you for help" He smiled.

"Nah, he's just too lazy to even help" Jin said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

That's all for the first chapter. I'll find time to update soon. I know the first chapter is quite boring but I'll make it more interesting in the next one. Yes, Maki knows how to fight but she's too lazy to kick some . By HER, she's referring to her crush. That's all.