Chapter 8

Claimed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mingyu looked around his new room at the alpha dormitory. Everything was in place. His desk all clean, his bed made, his wardrobe all neat. Perfect. He should walk around the campus now to explore. 

 

After that incident, he decided to live in campus where he was sure it won’t happen again. He still own the apartment though, but he might use that for other stuff. Not to sleep with omegas, that’s for sure. Beta, maybe. But he might have to reconsider that. Considering he had no experience sleeping with betas. And courting them is said to be hard since they can’t detect pheromones so he would have to sweet talk to convince them. It was a lot of work for a mere one-night stand. And he have to prepare the males too. Not to mention some can’t handle alphas in bed so he would have to be extra gentle. He wondered if betas are worth all the extra work.

 

Maybe, if he was that desperate.

 

‘Urghhh so bored.’ He laid on the bed. He wanted to explore but he was not in the mood right now. He wanted to party. Unfortunately he knew no one. The new term starts in a few days so he might need to find something to do to fill his time in the meanwhile.

 

Meaning he needed to go out after all. 

 

Just as he was opening the door, his next-door neighbour did the same. Talk about good timing.

 

‘Hey. Are you the new guy?’

 

‘I just moved in yesterday. Nice to meet you. Kim Mingyu, 1st year medic student.’

 

‘Owh hi Mingyu! I’m Lee Seokmin. Or Dokyeom. Whichever’s better. I’m 2nd year medic. Haven’t seen you around campus though.’

 

‘I transferred here. Just registered this term.’ Mingyu stared at the guy. He had a very bright smile. It was too bright. And the name seemed familiar.

 

‘Hey, I knew a Kim Mingyu!’ Well, that was random. How should he react to that?

 

’Owh! It’s a common name… I think…’

 

‘Is it?’ Seokmin wondered and looked back at him, thinking about something. ‘Owh you need a tour or something? You know the place?’

 

‘Owh. Haven’t been around yet.’

 

‘Wanna join me for a jog?’

 

Mingyu thought for a bit. That might be a good idea since he haven’t been exercising since he got here. And he needed a tour. And a friend. So yeah. ‘Gimme a minute to change.’

 

 

So there was a man-made lake near their dorm. Apparently that was where every students go for a jog since it was surrounded by a mini park. And some other dormitories were located near the lake so a lot of people gather here for all sorts of activities. He saw some people having their dates, some playing their guitar while others painted... this was good. He should be able to meet some people here.

 

‘There’s our department! And next to it is the university’s hospital.’ Seokmin pointed out to the tall building located at the very end of the campus. They had been jogging for only 15 minutes so that means that their dormitory is not that far. He should be able to make it to class even if he wake up ten minutes before, if he run. ‘Are you hanging in there?’

 

’Owh yeah. This is nothing.’

 

‘Nice! How bout we go to other part of campus?’

 

‘Lead the way.’ Mingyu looked around, making sure to remember some places he found interesting. It would be nice if he can find somewhere isolated to make it his secret hiding place for when he needed to get away from everything. Back in his old university, he would go to the small wood near the campus to sleep. But the park here seemed too busy to be his secret place.

 

’This is the Performance Arts Department!’ Mingyu stared at the unique looking building and wondered if Seokmin skipped all the other departments. Because he saw a lot of buildings for the last half an hour but the older did not say anything. 

 

‘Owh nice building. Wait, are you going in?’ He tried to stop the other. Weren’t they suppose to tour the campus?

 

‘I need to see someone for a bit. Wait here.’ Mingyu nodded and waited outside, looking around the department. He thought he saw another beautiful building not far from here. They went passed it though. Maybe he will come back here if he have the chance. Mingyu had always been drawn to buildings. He appreciate good architecture, but he was not the kind who can draw those straight lines and mind the littlest details about a particular building. It was just not his strong point. Anatomy and the human body is. That was why he chose medicine over architecture.Nevertheless, he still enjoys learning about it. Just not taking exams and writing reports about it. 

 

‘Sorry to keep you waiting!’ Seokmin returned with a really big smile on his face. ‘Needed to recharge.’

 

‘Girlfriend?’

 

‘Boyfriend. I wish.’

 

‘Awww….’ He patted the older’s back and gave him a big hug. Besides the one girl he dated in middle school, he never had any lovers so he would never understand the pain the older must be feeling. Committing yourself to one person is a stupid thing to do but apparently some people would go the extra mile and even hurt themselves to do so. 

 

That was why Mingyu was hugging the guy. Not because he felt bad for him not getting his dream guy, but because he found him stupid. But he didn’t need to know that. ‘So I guess we’re going back now? You only wanted to come here right?’

 

‘Aishh!! Who said…’ Seokmin pushed his hand away and hit him lightly, his face although still had that smile, clearly gave away his embarrassment. ‘You…’

 

Mingyu laughed at the man’s antics. He liked it. Somehow the communicating with people in his own native language gave him some kind of warmth, sort of a welcoming feeling. He thought it was only his family who act all touchy and familiar because the only other people he spoke to besides his maids is Kris and that man seriously needs to chill. Maybe, if all people here talks and acts like this senior, he would not mind staying here for a long time after all. 

 

Except for omegas though. 

 

He still have no interest in Korean omegas. No matter what language they speak or how they act. No way.

 

‘Let’s go somewhere to eat first.’

 

‘Sure! Where?’ Mingyu was excited because, food! The most important thing in life besides is food and now that he might give up on the former, he only had food to rely on to survive his university life. He wondered how many canteens and cafes this whole campus has? And which one has the best coffee?

 

Walking alongside Seokmin, he got more excited when he realized they were heading towards the beautiful building nearby. That beautiful building. ‘The Architectural Department has the best café! Owh and there’s the Architectural and Engineering’s library.’ Seokmin pointed towards a modern-looking glass building. He could see the inside filled with bookcases and people studying with their notebooks and headphones. They looked so cool. He wondered how the medic’s one looks like. Not as grandeur, probably.

 

‘Owh wow. You’re right. This is definitely good.’ He was awed by the interior of the café. It was like a book cafe decorated with pictures of modern buildings, yet  cozy like a cottage, with a twist of urban design. 

 

‘Wait till you taste their coffee. I’d like the simple Americano.’

 

‘I’ll have that too.’ He spoke to the waitress and leaned back on the seat, eyes wandering to capture all the design. Maybe he can incorporate some of the ideas to his apartment. ‘You know, you look really familiar.’

 

‘Really? Like who?’ He asked. The other also reminded him of someone but he just couldn’t remember who. And that w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter