Chapter 12

Claimed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

‘Wonwoo, the office told me to remind you to register your heat.’ Jeonghan uttered as he opened the door slightly. Wonwoo sat up from the bed, putting his novel away. ‘You really need to answer their call.’

 

Wonwoo nodded lazily. He actually blocked the number, ever since they kept on bugging him to see the school’s therapist and counsellor. After that night, the police had to notify the university for their investigation which was why Wonwoo was allowed to take a sick leave for half a year without any additional fees and problems. They also provided him with free health care, which he really appreciated, academy responsibility and what not. The only downside was that they also want him to take care of his mental health which consist of him going for monthly check-ups. He was already fine yet they insisted for their own omega therapist to make that judgement, which annoyed Wonwoo.

 

‘I haven’t gotten mine yet…’ He notice the surprised face, ‘You seem surprise…’

 

‘No… it’s just… It’s already been more than 6 months since then.’ Wonwoo frowned. Yes, a few months have passed since that night. He stared at the older man, trying to figure out where this conversation was going. ‘Most omegas got theirs in their first three months so… I think it’s probably best to have a check-up.’

 

He realized the other was being cautious, as if he was trying not to pry that much, giving suggestion only lightly. He nodded weakly and gave the man a smile before returning to his book. He heard the door closed and stared at the ceiling. To be honest, Wonwoo was actually secretly relieved at not getting his heat just yet. In fact, he would love to not have it at all. If the attack caused him to not be able to bear children, then he would actually be thankful to his mate and attackers for messing his body that bad. Because now, the only difference between him and a beta was his scent. And he can hide that too, unlike other omegas.

 

This was perfect.

 

He suddenly got a crazy idea. If it was true that he will never get his heat, and he wish he wouldn’t, then the bond will only be like a protector against other alphas from approaching. Maybe, if he can find his attacker, lock him up, and visit him once a month, just enough to ‘renew’ the bond, he will get his sweet revenge. The alpha won’t be able to mate, and he will have his security against other alphas, and can live like any normal betas without any problems.

 

Wonwoo laughed just thinking about it. That really seems like a good idea. Except that it will never happen. He will never try to find the bastard. He will never even return to that damned place. If his attacker gets caught by the authority while the bond is still not broken, then maybe, he will consider doing that.

 

*****

 

Wonwoo made sure to wear a turtleneck and checked himself in the mirror a few more times. He kept on pacing back and forth, arranging his hair so he wont stand out, and rearranging it again so he will not look like a mess.

 

Jeonghan had been calling him, urging him to hurry up but he could not find it in himself to calm down. He will be with so many alphas in the same place, in a closed hall with only a few doors. He won’t be able to run away if anything…

 

‘You okay? The game’s starting in 30 minutes.’

 

His heart skipped a bit at the sudden voice. Jeonghan was finally peeking into his room. ‘Yes. Let’s go.’ 

 

‘You’re sweating so much. You need anything?’

 

Wonwoo tried to rearrange his breathing. This . He was holding Jeonghan here. Maybe he should just stay in his room today. He will ask the other about the result later.

 

‘Hey. It’s alright. I’ll be there. Other omegas will be there, even the betas. The campus guards will be close by. Nothing will happen.’

 

‘I know… I just…’

 

‘You can stay if you want. I’m not forcing you to go.’

 

‘Can you give me a few more minutes? I’m sorry…’ Wonwoo searched for his cup to drink some water to calm his nerve. He then looked around to find his pills.

 

‘It’s fine. All games are the same anyway. Bunch of people running for the ball and shooting it in hoops. Nothing interesting.’

 

Wonwoo swallowed his pills quickly and laughed at Jeonghan’s description of basketball. He was not wrong.

 

*****

 

The game was already starting when both the omegas arrived. They took a seat right behind the bench, and looked at the score. The medic’s was leading and every one had a tense look on their faces. Seongcheol with a deep frown, Jun and Minghao all alert, and even Hansol, looking around for any openings. Wonwoo started to analyse the game, trying to figure out the opponent’s weaknesses and strengths. The players changed a lot from last year with many new faces he never met before.

 

Jun passed the ball after two guys tried to block him and Hansol was ready to catch before a blond, slightly chubby guy stole the pass from him, bringing it towards his goal and shoot it. And Hansol seemed frozen, his face in daze. He kept on staring at the blond, as if in a trance.

 

‘Yaah!! Chwe Hansol!! Get your head together!!’ Seungcheol warned the younger alpha, breaking him from his daze. He knew what just happened. The blond was an omega and Hansol was attracted to the scent. That boy really need to have a mate soon so he can focus.

 

‘Chwe Vernon Hansol you better focus or I’ll kill you!’ Wonwoo screamed from his lungs and notice the scared face on Hansol. The man searched the crowd for the familiar face and jumped in excitement when he saw he beloved hyung, cheering for him from the audience. He waved vigorously, running towards the bench, not realizing he was still playing.

 

‘Wonwoo-hyung!’

 

Just then, a pass was made which bounced on Hansol’s back, right into the opponent’s hand, who shot a 2-pointer right before the buzzer for the first half. Wonwoo could only hide his face in second-hand embarrassment.

 

 

On the other side, Mingyu looked at the guy who distracted Hansol enough for him to make that last shot. He must be someone important for the guy to act like an excited kid.

 

Owh… He was someone important.

 

He was the angel from the lake.

 

 

*****

 

The game ended with the medic teams’ lost and Mingyu was disappointed with himself. Nobody blamed him, even congratulating him for the MVP title, but it was not enough for him. If he had made that last shot then they might have won the game by a point. ‘Arghhh!’

 

‘Stop sulking and pack you stuff. We’re going to drink.’ Seungkwan, their team’s one and only omega commented before going somewhere. Mingyu took a deep breath and stood up, walking towards Seokmin.

 

He stopped when saw the man. He was talking to the other team’s players and they were hugging him, acting all close with him. He wished the man would hug him too, because he really needed a hug right now.

 

‘Jeon Wonwoo, 3rd year architecture student. Beta.’ Mingyu looked back at Seokmin, who was standing beside him since god knows when. He kept his gaze at Mingyu’s lake guy. ‘So he’s your y fairy?’

 

Mingyu smirked at the comment. He never called the man a y fairy. Well, maybe.

 

Jeon Wonwoo. That was the man’s name. The y, sultry man who had been appearing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter