Chapter 6

Claimed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

…-woo-sshi? Can you hear me? Jeon Wonwoo-sshi?

 

Who?

 

…light. Check his heartbeat.

 

Urghh… bright…

 

He’s all good. Let him rest a bit.

 

*****

 

Wonwoo furrowed his eyebrow, feeling the bright light slipping in from his lid. He had woken up before but did not had the energy to open his eyes and fell asleep again a few times. He felt a gentle but firm grip on his left hand, and another on his thigh, encouraging him to try again and he did. And he was welcomed by two blurry faces staring back at him.

 

He closed his eyes again. The light intrusion was really hurting his eyes, it went straight to his brain and he felt like puking.

 

‘Wonu? You okay? You need anything?’ The grip on his hand tightened and he realized that was Jun. He nodded and brought his free hand towards his mouth, hoping to suppress the urge to vomit but the sudden movement only made it worse.

 

‘Wonu-yah, bucket.’ he heard a soft voice on the other end, and turned his face at the direction before finally spilling his gut out. He felt a hand rubbing his back, assisting him until he was done. ‘Clean your mouth… don’t drink it…’ the gentle voice continued while handing him a glass of water.

 

‘Is he okay? Should I call the doctor.’

 

‘No he’s good. It’s just the drug effect…’

 

‘Wonu-yah…’ Jun called for him, voice the softest he ever heard, ‘oh Wonu…’

 

‘Shut up you’re being disgusting…’ he replied weakly, trying to laugh. Trying to. He looked at his hands and noticed the bandage on his left wrist, and a cast on his right. Two tubes were coming out from his right forearm. There were other wires connected to his chest and he pulled it off, throwing it away.

 

He heard the door closed before a pair of hands pulled his shoulder into a warm embrace, the owner’s face burying himself on his nape. ‘I’m so, so sorry.’ He felt the man shaking and warm tears falling on his skin.

 

It took him a while to remember why he was here and what the other was apologizing for.

 

Then he realized the pain on his lower neck, connecting to his right shoulder.

 

Owh yeah. He was . And he’s now an omega. A claimed one, if that was what the bite meant. And to top it of, all of his friends knew. That he took the alleyway and got himself in trouble. That he was a mess of a failure. That he didn’t deserve their protection because he couldn’t even defend himself. He probably put everyone in danger. He was a failure. And he deserved what happened because he was not worth it.

 

He’s just a pathetic claimed omega now.

 

‘Wonu…’

 

‘It’s… it’s not your fault.’ He managed after a few attempt but his voice sounded really hoarse.

 

‘I can’t…’

 

‘Jun…’ he stopped the man from talking and stared at the floor. The bite on his neck was throbbing and he bit his lips to distract himself from it. From the bite that showcased his weakness for all to see.

 

Wonwoo stared at his hands. He let them do that to him. He did not fight for himself. He only begged. Like a pathetic human being he was.

 

‘Wonu…. I know what you’re thinking but you’re wrong.. I let you go alone. I knew what they were capable of doing and I let you go.’

 

‘And I didn’t listen to you! I… I took another road when I should just went straight ahead.’ He felt his tears falling and his voice was shaking. . He didn’t want to cry. Stop crying you don’t deserve to cry! ‘I was so close to the main road yet I…’

 

He did not manage to finish his sentence. He was shaking so badly his voice got stuck in his throat. He felt Jun shifting their position so his shoulders was resting on Jun’s chest, and his face buried in between his neck. He wanted to push Jun away, because he did not deserve him, his kindness, but he couldn’t. He wanted this. He wanted this warmth. He remembered that cold pavement stones and the air blowing on his skin, and their cold stares and grins, and how he longed for the warmth and protection of his friends and family back then. And although he knew he didn’t deserve this, he decided to be selfish this once and take it.

 

He felt the hug tightened and Jun rocking them back and forth, making him cry louder until he fell asleep again.

 

 

 

When he woke up again, it was already dark outside. He felt a light shift behind him and realized it was his friend, and they were sleeping together like they always did. And he was thankful for that.

 

For the hope that things might stay the same.

 

‘Hey, Jun. You should go clean yourself first.’ He heard a whisper and pretended to still be asleep. The next thing he felt was the weight behind him gone and a door closing. Before he could open his eyes, he heard another creaking sound and opened his eyes lightly to see Jeonghan, Seungcheol’s mate taking his position on the bed opposite him with a book in his hand. The man had his glasses on and didn’t seem to notice Wonwoo staring, and Wonwoo found himself thankful for his small eyes.

 

‘You sleeping here again?’ He heard Jeonghan asked softly and almost gave himself a fright when he heard a door closing again.

 

‘Yeah. You?’ Jun replied back, voice half whispered.

 

‘Already comfortable. You wanna sleep here?’

 

‘Do you think the nurse will mind me sleeping with Wonu?’

 

‘He’s already stable so I guess it’s okay as long as he don’t mind… Did he show any sign of trauma?’

 

Wonwoo buried his head into the blanket. He hated listening to this. He didn’t want to know. What if he did? Will the doctors keep him here and give him a bunch of medicines? Will he be asked to see a therapist? ‘He… he didn’t slap me or ran away when I touched him if that’s what you’re asking…’

 

‘And he seemed okay with you being near him? Your presence?’

 

‘He… he seemed comfortable. I hope.’

 

‘Then I’m sure they have no reason to say no.’ He heard Jeonghan said and released the breath he was holding. He felt a weight on the bed and a hand on his stomach. And like all those night they sleep together in the bed at his house and back at the dorm, Jun’s chin on his head. Telling him it was okay to sleep. That nothing bad will happen even if he closed his eyes.

 

*****

 

‘Wonu-yah… time to wake up…’ he felt a soft pat on his shoulders and opened his eyes slightly, staring at the man in front of him. Jeonghan had already washed his face it seemed, his face looking healthy as ever. ‘Breakfast is coming in 15 minutes. You should wash up.’

 

Standing up was a bit of a struggle, Jeonghan had to support him up, but the walking a mere distance to the washroom ruined his whole day. He couldn’t walk. He had to take small steps while being supported all the way to the sink and back.

 

It didn’t hurt but he knew it was because of the pain killer.

 

And the liquid food that came a few minutes later confirmed his suspicion.

 

He was broken so badly. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter