Chapter 13

Claimed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After much begging and persuasion, Mingyu finally got some information on Jeon Wonwoo. Hansol was really tougher than he thought. After finding about his new weakness that was the annoying Boo Seungkwan, Mingyu had the idea to exchange information. But still, Hansol seemed to be really protective over his hyung, much to Mingyu’s displeasure, and he seemed to be holding some important details.

 

But any information on the guy was important so he decided to let it go. Right now he knew that Wonwoo loves to read, and is most likely found in libraries at the novel section, or in his cubicle which Hansol refused to tell where. And that there were two people he should watch out for – Seungcheol, the main alpha who would most likely confront him if he messes with any of them, and Jun, the silent guy who would apparently just go ahead and beat him lifeless if he dare to mess with Wonwoo. And the latter seemed more dangerous, despite him being only a beta.

 

Although he already did not like the beta, the one thing that he really hate about that Jun guy was the fact that he dated Wonwoo back in middle school, and they were still as close even now. Despite being exes. And the fact that Hansol told him to not mind them acting weird together because they tend to be the only ones who get each other’s jokes.

 

On the other hand, Hansol also told him they were going hiking with the club in a few weeks. So that means, if he could only join that specific club and somehow manage to register for the trip before the deadline, he could be spending the three-day holiday with Jeon Wonwoo. And Jun. And the other members. And bugs, and other little crawly animals.

 

But Wonwoo would be there so it would still be worth it.

 

 

*****

 

Wonwoo peeked at his vibrating phone to see a message coming from none other than Hansol. The young alpha asked to meet him in front of the literature building where he apparently found some benches. Wonwoo wondered where that actually was because the only benches here was everywhere but in front.

 

After a whole lot of describing, he finally met the man, still oblivious of his surroundings with his big headphones. ‘Yah, Hansol. Why’re you here?’

 

‘Wonu-hyung! Let’s go to the basketball court.’

 

‘O..kay then. That was random but lemme just put my stuff back at the dorm.’ Nothing was ever predictable with this boy, and after not spending time with him for months, Wonwoo couldn’t help but to ponder upon how he managed to stand the boy’s hyperactive antics. Like right now, when he wanted to follow Wonwoo inside the omega dorm, and the next moment when he had this big disappointed face after seeing the empty omega basketball court that he insisted on going to.

 

‘We’re here. Are you gonna tell me what’s up?’ He gave the younger a look, half scaring him. Something was definitely weird. ‘Tell me or I’ll hit you.’

 

‘No! Okay. I thought my Boo was here and turns out he’s not.’

 

‘Your boo?’

 

‘Seungkwan. The omega?’ He gave Wonwoo the eyes, as if everyone should know the omega called Seungkwan. Not satisfied with that answer, Wonwoo crossed his arms. ‘The blond? With the orangey scent and hot ?’

 

‘Okay, now be less specific.’

 

‘We played together last match?’

 

‘Aahhh… the medic team’s player! Yahh!’ He hit the back of Hansol’s head lightly. ‘You dragged me out here to play cupid?? And Boo Seungkwan should be in their court, not here!’

 

‘But he’s supposed to be practicing alone at the omega court!’

 

Wonwoo rolled his eyes in annoyance. What did he do to deserve this? ‘You think every omegas in the whole campus comes here to play? Each part of campus has their own omega gym dumb-dumb! Didn’t they tell you that during orientation?’

 

Then again, they probably did tell him. Hansol just never listens.

 

 

*****

 

Where was he?

 

After bailing on Hansol and leaving him in the hands of a confused Seungkwan, Wonwoo ran as fast as he could back. He did make sure to tell the other omega about Hansol’s lacking sense of direction and asked him to ensure his junior get back home safely so he should be fine.

 

But right now, he was the one getting lost. This part of campus was not familiar to him in the first place, and it also changed a lot in the past two years.  Wonwoo remembered going straight from the court, and turning left. He should reach a convenient store right now but he had been walking for a while and there was still not a sign of one. He saw a small stationary shop, and a café, which was not there when he came. And the place was filled with those sickening and nauseous scent. The alphas.

 

Where was he? Shouldn’t there be a map? A directory? He should turn back. Retrace his step.

 

. He needed to calm down.They were looking at him. They knew he was scared.

 

No, focus. They wouldn’t notice him. He was hiding his scent. They wouldn’t. They shouldn’t.

 

. . . Two alphas were coming towards him. Was his pheromones bursting out again? Like that night? Everyone else was also looking at him. This wasn’t happening again. Not again.

 

‘Wonwoo?’ He heard his name being called by an unfamiliar voice. He didn’t know anybody from this part of campus. He needed to get away, fast. He needed to run. Why weren’t his legs moving??!!

 

‘Jeon Wonwoo.’ Wonwoo flinched when he felt someone pat him on his shoulders and pushed the hand away, backing a few steps. ‘Hey, woah. It’s just me. Sorry if I scared you.’

 

Someone he knew?

 

‘Kim Mingyu. We met a week ago.’ Kim Mingyu. He remembered the guy. The MVP. 

 

This was humiliating. The man he just met saw him having one of his panic attacks. He was probably judging him right now, making assumptions. They always do.

 

‘You don’t look too good. Do you wanna sit down?’

 

‘I-I’m fine. Thanks. Mingyu.’

 

‘You sure?’ Mingyu was staring at him longer than he should, and Wonwoo felt really vulnerable. As if he was completely while fully clothed. He could feel all the other alpha’s attention towards both of them, staring, their eyes hungry for him, their hands just eager to touch.

 

‘Jeon Wonwoo-sshi?’ Wonwoo realized he was starting to hallucinate and frowned. This was bad. He needed his medicine. He looked back at the taller man and Mingyu had a look of concern. Wonwoo hated that look. The look of pity. The one the doctors and nurses had back at the hospital every time they saw him, every time he walked pass them. ‘Hey. Look at me.’

 

Look at me, boy. Look at me when I’m ing yer.

 

No…. No!!!

 

Wonwoo felt a pair of hand on each side of his face, locking it in place. Panicked, he gripped each hand, trying to pry them away. ‘Jeon Wonwoo-sshi! Breath! In and out.’

 

‘Let me go!!’

 

‘In and out. Breath.’ Again, the voice broke him away from his flashbacks and his eyes wandered around him. Noticing the look everyone was giving him. This was really happening. ‘Hey, just focus on me. Here. Come on. Breath.’

 

It took a while for Wonwoo to readjust his breathing, all the while Mingyu guided him, distracting him from his surrounding. Once he was relaxed enough, the hands on his face disappeared. ‘I need to go back.’

 

‘Alright. You need to calm down first.’ Wonwoo nodded and took deep breaths, trying very hard to slow down his heart rate.‘You definitely need to sit down. I’ll get you some water okay? Or… you want coke instead?’

 

‘I’m fine. I just need direction back…’

 

‘You’re lost?’ Wonwoo nodded frantically. He wanted to go back so badly. Anywhere was fine as long as it was not here. Everyone just saw what happened and it was really humiliating. He just wanted to go back, take his pills and sleep. And preferably never wake up again.

 

Wonwoo looked back at the other. He was not convinced and still had the worried face. He needed to give a good enough explanation about his situation so the man will show him the direction without trying to hold him here. ‘I sometimes get panic attacks when I’m lost. Phobia. Just need a few moment to calm down and think.’

 

‘Owh? You get lost often?’

 

‘I’m bad with direction.’ He lied again. Anything was better than the truth.

 

There was an uncomfortable silence before Mingyu finally laughed a bit. ‘I’m not that good with directions either but I might be able to walk you back. If that’s okay.’

 

Wonwoo gave it a bit of thought. At least the he won’t be walking alone surrounded by all the other alphas. ‘Okay…’

 

 

 

‘Nice!!’ Mingyu noticed he sounded too enthusiastic and cleared his throat. To be honest, he was worried when Wonwoo pushed his hand away just now, thinking the guy hated him. But the man seemed out of focus and scared it just makes him want to calm him down. Who would’ve thought he would be that scared just by getting lost.

 

They walked in silence. Wonwoo kept looking around restlessly until Mingyu finally spoke. He kept looking down since, only listening and nodded when needed. Sometimes he also spoke, but only to answer what was asked, nothing more. Wonwoo seemed uncomfortable and that made Mingyu nervous. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter