Chapter 15

Claimed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

‘Now Wonwoo-sshi.  Would you have given up on architecture if that night never happened?’

 

Wonwoo was taken aback by the sudden question. Even if the night never happened, he would still be an omega. He would still unable to be an architect no matter how hard he tried. It wouldn’t have changed anything.

 

‘If you were the old Jeon Wonwoo, who was, as I recalled, the architectural protege who had won many awards even from middle school, would you have given up on your major if you had only turned into an omega?’

 

‘I…’ He looked at the therapist’s face. She was expressionless, waiting patiently for his answer. He stirred on his seat, this was making him uncomfortable. He didn’t know what she expect to hear from him. ‘I think so…’

 

There was a long pause to which he assumed she waited for him to continue. Without answer, she inquired, ‘You think? Are you confident that you would have?’

 

Wonwoo closed his eyes and tried to relax. Would he really have given up? He remembered being afraid of meeting his alpha classmates and professors after that incident but that surely was not the reason why he gave up. He gave up because omegas were not allowed to be architects. Yes, that was the reason.

 

‘Are you sure about that?’ She continued, still with a straight tone. She had been asking him the same questions over and over again and as he continued to answer each one, Wonwoo found himself doubting everything he ever thought he knew.

 

He… No. Beta Wonwoo would have been frustrated to be asked to let go of his dreams without any solid reason. He might have put up a big fight, just like the time in high school when he was asked not to submit his work to a competition so his other peers would have a chance at winning. In fact, he might even rebel against the ridiculous rule and said you while completing the course with flying colours just to prove everyone wrong and mess with them, just like he did back then.

 

‘I… I don’t know.’

 

‘I think you do know the answer. Now I need you to tell me.’

 

Wonwoo swallowed and looked away. Things were different now. He was no longer a beta. But he would still have fought for what he wanted, maybe. ‘I would’ve stayed. I think.’

 

‘You would have stayed and complete your course.’

 

‘Yes.’ He heard a slight change in her tone and turned to watch her scribble something on her notes. Her face was relaxed as she finally put down her pen.

 

Wonwoo sat up and placed his hand on his knees, ready to hear today’s conclusion. He knew it was going to be hard to digest, he could feel it. And he was right. His therapist explained about something he never thought was possible - aside from his confidence shattered to pieces, which was obvious, he apparently was also experiencing the direct effect of the bonding.

 

As it happened, bonded omegas and alphas experience change physically, emotionally and mentally. And he was showing submissive behaviour, which should have been towards his mate. And in the absence of such mate, he had placed that submission towards something else. In his case, he felt the need to submit to society rulings. Which was actually non-existent. That was only the excuse he created to signify his choice of changing course. Which was the result of his fear to face other alphas in his class.

 

In all the complexity of his situation, he managed to make himself worse.

 

‘W-What should I do now?’

 

‘Now that you know the reason for what is happening to you, you should be able to rethink your decisions. Whether or not it was the right choice.’ She smiled at him and put her notes aside, indicating the end of the session.

 

Wonwoo wiped his face and stared at the ground for a while, his therapist getting up to pour him some scented tea. She passed it to him and waited until he drank the last of it before checking in on him one last time. He thanked her and walked out the door, heading to the entrance to wait for his ride. His mind in a mess, still trying to process what he just heard.

 

‘Wonu-yah!’ He looked up to see Jeonghan, already arriving to pick him up. Giving him a weak smile, he pushed himself up and headed towards the small car.

 

From Soonyoung’s constant pressure, and him being ashamed of frequently having attacks in front of his lover, he had finally decided to see a therapist. And as he conveyed that to the older omega, Jeonghan engulfed him into a bear hug, too tight he swore he heard his ribs cracking. The latter recommended his own therapist who he still contacted once in a while, and Wonwoo had to admit, she was great. For the last two weeks and a couple of sessions, his anger had subsided a lot. Now he was working on his anxiety, and rebuilding his confidence which apparently takes more time.

 

‘How was today’s session?’

 

‘Complicated. Confusing…’ Wonwoo answered honestly. He looked out the window, staring at the water droplets flowing down. Resting his head on the seat, he asked, ‘Can you give me Joshua-hyung’s contacts? I have something to ask him…’

 

Jeonghan smiled widely and agreed. He had hoped the younger would ask for it. After more than two months, he finally did.

 

*****

 

Wonwoo stood still at the hallway, staring at the door. He could hear the familiar voice of his professor echoing, of contents he remembered from last year. He took a deep breath, placed one hand on the handle and pulled it open, just a little, and froze.

 

Those obnoxious scents.

 

He quickly closed the door and turned around to walk away. He couldn’t do this. It was still too early for him. Nobody will accept an omega in his class. He should have never quit literature.

 

Wonwoo stopped his steps and leaned back. It was too late. He had already quit and basically begged the university to allow him to continue architecture, back from where he left off. The second semester of his second year. And they finally agreed. What would they think if Wonwoo return and told them he took back what he said? They would probably ask him to quit school completely.

 

He had nowhere to return to. Nowhere else to go. If he waste another year then he will be all alone, his friends would already graduate. At least now, he would be in the same class as Hansol.

 

He looked back at the door and closed his eyes. Hansol was there. No matter how slow the boy might be, he is someone Wonwoo can trust with his life. He might not be the brightest, but his love for his hyungs is enough for him to take actions when needed.

 

Without sparing any more time for self doubt, Wonwoo entered the lecture hall as quietly as he could and scan around quickly. As he expected, Hansol was sitting at the far corner, near the window. But he was not sleeping like what Wonwoo assumed, he was actually paying attention. Smiling brightly, he slowly made his way to his junior, careful as to not disturb the class.

 

‘Hansol-ah.’ He whispered and the boy almost jumped as he turned to face him. Wonwoo sneered as he was greeted by that bright  beam.  He replied softly as well, ‘Hyung!’

 

‘Wonwoo?’ Wonwoo flinched a bit as his name was called and notice someone he would never have expected. Mingyu from the medical department was right beside Hansol, eyes wide in surprise.

 

‘Hey.’ Wonwoo smiled back and turned his face towards the front, eager to listen to the professor. Beside him, Hansol continued to stare at him, his right hand on Wonwoo’s right shoulder, trying to hug. He still had his smile. And right beside him, Mingyu had the same expression, his fangs on display for everyone.

 

Wonwoo wondered why he didn’t do this earlier. It was very comfortable being here. Finally feeling like he belonged. Albeit the slight fear he still had from the surrounding alphas.

 

Once the lecture concluded, Wonwoo headed to the very front to greet his professor. The middle-aged man still remembered him, to Wonwoo’s delight. While not knowing the full details, all his professors knew about Wonwoo, the top student, changing courses due to some personal problem. Mr. Byun hugged him and patted his back to show his contentment of the young man’s return.

 

They chatted for a while to catch up.

 

*****

 

Mingyu wanted very much to ask Wonwoo about his sudden decision to join the class but before he could have the chance, the older had already made his way to the front.

 

‘Vernon, why’s your hyung here?’ He asked as he collected his belongings to shove into his bag.

 

‘I don’t know but I’m very, very happy. Damn.’ He squealed and before Mingyu could ask further, Hansol had already skipped down to wait for Wonwoo, right behind the two chatting figures. Mingyu grinned as he pulled his bag on his shoulder. Somehow he had a feeling that he would see Wonwoo more often, at least once a week from today.

 

Looking back for the last time, he decided to leave them for today. He can catch Wonwoo later. Maybe use the class as an excuse to exchange phone numbers. Just thinking about it made him simper in excitement, all the way back to his room.

 

*****

 

Mingyu had decided to use the architectural library to study ever since he stumbled upon the beautiful figure at the lake since the beginning of the semester. Aside from the obvious reason, he actually preferred the interior and the facilities of this particula

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter